Forums

How to make players and NCSOFT happy

Redgar28

So my idea is simple maybe too simple but i think it could work for all of us :D

First what players want?
reasonable adena and item drop rate for F2P

2nd what NCSOFT want?
!!!MONEY!!!

Solution:

- Fix drop rates - adena, items and spoil
- Fill L2shop with more cosmetics: players love to look diferent
- Make all items in L2shop tradeble. less money for farmbots more money for NCSOFT ... why buy adena from someone if you can sell staff to other players 
                                                                                                                            (need functional economy for this so again drop and adena fix)

- Subscription option - some free NCoins each month and bonus like VIP 3 
- Let the VIP system for no subs in play so even more money from casual players 

Sub and shop ideas are based on sub plans from swtor.com and its shop 

So what do YOU think about this idea ?

First off +1 to OP for trying to find a constructive solution to the problems instead of everyone else making a new thread to flame ncsoft about issues they are already aware of and are working on. It is an interesting concept to make the shop items tradable. Almost like the wow coin system, but I don't see that getting implemented. You're sub option is basically what the vip system is right now. Purchase coins for a benefit including skipping the queue. 

I honestly believe if ncsoft can fix the client crash problem and up the Adena/drop rates (i personally think exp rates are fine) it will keep people around. If you present a game for them to play, yeah micro transactions out the butt!! But as a community, we need to come together and help communicate these to NCsoft in a CONSTRUCTIVE MANNER. 

25 minutes ago, Sailence1 said:

So, what you are saying is put adena in the l2 store so players can buy it?

What a moron.  Get out.

OP never said that, your post adds nothing to the conversation. Get out ?

33 minutes ago, Sailence1 said:

so farm bots are better than ncsoft ? :D I dont care to whom player give money for adena. Im just saying that NCsoft give some of the money back to game - maintenance servers ... And maybe it will make them create more F2P players friendly enviroment

and there always be players paying for adena if not there would be no farm bots :D

1 hour ago, Sailence1 said:

What a moron.  Get out.

Putting something in the L2 store like adena, or that can be transferred for adena in game is a great soution to multiple problems.  It will crush the botting for one, and it will make money for NCSoft.  Two birds with one stone.  Other games have done this, and it has worked.

29 minutes ago, Gauge said:

Putting something in the L2 store like adena, or that can be transferred for adena in game is a great soution to multiple problems.  It will crush the botting for one, and it will make money for NCSoft.  Two birds with one stone.  Other games have done this, and it has worked.

If you were to do that, the game would become a literal pay to win model. I would be alright with making the items we have now tradeable. Supply would go up on items, but demand would not change. Not everyone is going to want to buy that wedding veil you just spent $5 irl on. But if you were able to simply buy Adena from the in game shop..  well that's how you cause inflation of prices. Not a good idea. 

Adena in shop can be more solution than problem.

More adena - more D and C grade items on players (buy from shops so no need for crafting). When they upgrade they sell old items - more items for others.

If you need B - Grade and some C - Grade you need to craft. To craft you need to buy Mats

Mats cost go up, cool for spoilers bad for others, but all can drop some mats so all will have more Adena to buy items.

Adena without items to buy is pointless so there must be better drop rate

supply and demand still works - nobody  will buy overpriced item because it cost real money.

2 hours ago, Shreekz said:

OP never said that, your post adds nothing to the conversation. Get out ?

Actually op did kinda say that by making items in the store trade-able. Instead of giving money to rmt you giving it to nc. 

NCsoft is here to make money now they make money on VIPs - they have shots, better drop rates, better exp :D cool but for them 

NCsoft will never pump up drops if there are players paying for VIP 4 unless they have other system to get money from more players

and to be honest I hate those bots spmams in chat ... and again its better to give money to NCsoft for adena than to a bot (btw les bots more room on servers)

and yes pure P2P is best concept ... but for me and I thing some other players it would be end of playing ... I could sub 1 char but never buffpert and as solo player endgame

Abortions For Some, Miniature American Flags For Others!

Make a server with 1x rates for the majority who are asking for it (myself included) and leave this broken thing for the so called "hardcore" alpha males who want to do the spider quest 50 times per week (de-leveling included)

36 minutes ago, FatHips said:

Pay to play.  Very simple concept.

Free trial if you want, whatever.

Fix the adena and drop rate only for the VIP, reduce vip costs and let the free players suffer! That would even force the bots to go VIP or their "income" would be hurt

2 minutes ago, Orocso said:

Fix the adena and drop rate only for the VIP, reduce vip costs and let the free players suffer! That would even force the bots to go VIP or their "income" would be hurt

Yep, realistically that is their best option right now.

It would even force people to buy VIP on boxes they keep in party, or their drop rates would suffer.  I sure would do it.

1 minute ago, FatHips said:

Yep, realistically that is their best option right now.

It would even force people to buy VIP on boxes they keep in party, or their drop rates would suffer.  I sure would do it.

it is a great way to meet the players halfway.

• You still leave the game open so there are people to make the server last.
  • It doesn't hurt players pockets like it is doing right now when you are forced to pay 5bucks for 10k soulshot no grade.
  • The server will keep being profitable.

And as a bonus it will actualy hurt the bot farmers.

Archived