Look who's defending the current rates ..

KABAL

lME0tyd.png

So! The guy was keep telling me to /quit because I'm poor ( I then told him that i've spend 30$x3 ) and that server rates are OK  and that whoever cry's, we don't know how to play the game. He showed me he has 130k or something Adena from the spider quest and ..it seems he's so happy about the .. big accomplish.

Now, a guy who spend 130$ minus 4k Ncoins unused in less then a week, with of course, buying all his shots and buff scrolls, since he told me he doesn't dual box, is supporting this rates because he did said to me that the poor do not need to play this game and that he rather see 1-2k whales on the server then all this people ( "More mobs for me" was him saying when I told him that there will be 1-2k onlines )

So, congratulation NcSoft. You have your whales on your side which .. means there will be no real changes this upcoming "patch fix".

I'm still waiting for the patch notes until I take a decision. 

/angryoff 

This is actually a recurring thing. "The rates are fine, drops are fine, adena is fine, GM's don't give into the crybabies, I only had to buy shots from the NCShop a few times and I've been fine."

People need to understand that buying shots from the shop invalidates their opinion on the rates. Point blank, no argument. For the people who aren't willing to spend all this money, for the people who never have shots at all, this is wack and it's unacceptable. You can't say "I opened my wallet just a little bit and I'm fine".

The subscription model isn't even acceptable to begin with. I have no problem paying a monthly subscription, but I'm sure as hell not paying some kind of $50 buy-in so I can have the pleasure to spend $17~/mo. That's actually retarded.

Shortsighted morons. This shit will backfire hard once free people leave and it will be a empty VIP jerkoff fest and all their advantages will be nullified. Free people actually enjoyed this while it lasted, but those people actually spent and lost their money for a game where you can see the end first week in. LMAO

Please tell me, what is value added to game by ppl who not paying for it?

Why anyone runing business should listen to window shopers?

In my opinion (im not paying ) i shouldnt dimand anything. If i enjoy game i play, if not im leaving and dont crying.

21 minutes ago, Cruchy said:

In my opinion (im not paying ) i shouldnt dimand anything. If i enjoy game i play, if not im leaving and dont crying.

Have you ever read any books on payment models as to regarding to games? Have you ever studied game design for years to actually form an intelligent opinion?
OR are you just throwing "your opinion" without even thinking about it?

To answer your question:
The value of free players in F2P games is TREMENDOUS. Every company wants them, some even more than paying players. Now you could ask "but why"?
- Free players motivate paying players to pay more -> get ahead of the curve
- Free players with lots of time challenge paying players, generating a healthy environment
- Free players experience the game as any new player would and provide extremely valuable feedback on the game experience side (because let's be honest nobody with double or triple digit IQ would pay for this without playing for a week at least)
- Most importantly, and I cannot stress this enough: FREE PLAYERS ARE CONTENT

Your question is equally valid to the following:
- What is the adde value of having AI or NPCs in Witcher 3 or Skyrim? They never bought the game.

Should free players demand anything? In a completely ideal world, probably no. Do they have the right to do so? Is it valuable if they do?
Yes and HELL YES!
Imagine if they don't like the game, don't voice it properly, but they would just leave. At the moment that would mean the combined online number of Live and Classic would be <1000 CCU. The game then would be considered dead by paying customers due to lack of content and then they would ask for refund and leave.

Please for the love of god, use your brain. I understand you are not a bright or smart or intelligent person, but buy a few books, read them and then write a forum post.

13 minutes ago, Cruchy said:

You should demand, because you support their game with your presence. You make it more popular by 1 person. And popular games make more profit.

Think about League of Legends with all those free players.

17 hours ago, KABAL said:

lME0tyd.png

So! The guy was keep telling me to /quit because I'm poor ( I then told him that i've spend 30$x3 ) and that server rates are OK  and that whoever cry's, we don't know how to play the game. He showed me he has 130k or something Adena from the spider quest and ..it seems he's so happy about the .. big accomplish.

Now, a guy who spend 130$ minus 4k Ncoins unused in less then a week, with of course, buying all his shots and buff scrolls, since he told me he doesn't dual box, is supporting this rates because he did said to me that the poor do not need to play this game and that he rather see 1-2k whales on the server then all this people ( "More mobs for me" was him saying when I told him that there will be 1-2k onlines )

So, congratulation NcSoft. You have your whales on your side which .. means there will be no real changes this upcoming "patch fix".

I'm still waiting for the patch notes until I take a decision. 

/angryoff 

KABAL either stop crying or quit the game. You said on these forums that you are going to refund your money and leave, why are you still here? 

9 minutes ago, ZygiA said:

KABAL either stop crying or quit the game. You said on these forums that you are going to refund your money and leave, why are you still here? 

Thank you for saying this I'm so tired of this whiny shit over stuff they said they were working on last week, but still all you see of the forums is entitled people demanding, threatening, and demonizing NCwest. GTFO if you don't want to play here. +++

25 minutes ago, ZygiA said:

12 minutes ago, Poultrygeist said:

Thank you for saying this I'm so tired of this whiny shit over stuff they said they were working on last week, but still all you see of the forums is entitled people demanding, threatening, and demonizing NCwest. GTFO if you don't want to play here. +++

LOOK AT ME I'M THE WALLET WARRIOR PLEASE NCSOFT TAKE MY MONEY, I'M DUMB BUT I HAVE MONEY, I'M A BIG DUMB WHALE

4 minutes ago, Juliodmv said:

not everyone earn in dollars, you think all of server live in NA? tard moneybag

its not bad to spend money for something you enjoy. 

even in European countries that had economic crisis for years is affordable to give some euro for a game.

if 50euro is a matter of life and death then i guess the least of concern will be to play lineage

Just now, existenz said:

even in European countries that had economic crisis for years like greece  is affordable to give some euro for a game.

if 50euro is a matter of life and death then i guess the least of concern will be to play lineage

This, exactly this. I mean millions of people pay like 80 euros for Fifa and Call of Duty, but they don't seem to complain for some reason. Do people think NCsoft staff aren't paid? 

1 minute ago, existenz said:

even in European countries that had economic crisis for years like greece  is affordable to give some euro for a game.

Euro are more expensive then dollars, where i live we earn in Real, 1 dollar = 3.74 real wallet warriors

Greece is probably the WORST case scenario to come with when speaking of economic crisis. That country was stealing billions of euros through the years from EU. And in the end once again was sponsored for even more billions of euros.

Crisis...lolz.

Buying soulshots and scrolls doesn't give you an advantage though.  I'm willing to spend money on the game, I just don't see a point.  Items are the end goal.  You need adena, and/or drops for that to happen.  EVERYONE is screwed on that front.  No amount of money fixes that issue. 

I won't complain about L2 store until the rates are fixed because until they are it really offers no advantage, we are all in the same ruined economy.  Being level 40 is meaningless when the mobs drop the same adena as lvl 10 mobs.

There's nothing new said in this thread, at all. The people carrying the long-decomposed skeleton of LIVE version are also all about "so you cannot afford gear because nothing ever drops for raids/instances and field mobs are designed for dragon weapon and ultimate/transcendent eternal owners (thanks Korea/Japan), huh? Well, I am spending 1k USD during every single event and a 100-200 USD here and there each month and I surely don't see any problem with LIVE, noob". The same people will carry CLASSIC as well. NCwest knows this very well, that's what they are capitalizing on with "non-key (non item parts) materials should be for 24/7 botters and NStore only" strategy.

Wait !!!

Whales came into my topic, defending players who goes and buy shots and buff scrolls?! How..unexpected..:)

I already paid 90$ for 3 packs. NcSoft should tell me "thank you" and NOT make me go and spend 5$ more daily for SS's in order just to be able to play the game as normal as possible.

19 minutes ago, Gauge said:

Buying soulshots and scrolls doesn't give you an advantage though.  I'm willing to spend money on the game, I just don't see a point.  Items are the end goal.  You need adena, and/or drops for that to happen.  EVERYONE is screwed on that front.  No amount of money fixes that issue. 

I won't complain about L2 store until the rates are fixed because until they are it really offers no advantage, we are all in the same ruined economy.  Being level 40 is meaningless when the mobs drpo the same adena as lvl 10 mobs.

Wrong! Soulshots and Scroll does give advantage IN the current situation. It wouldn't if we all could at least afford SS's to be able to play the game. 

6 minutes ago, KABAL said:

Wrong! Soulshots and Scroll does give advantage IN the current situation. It wouldn't if we all could at least afford SS's to be able to play the game. 

Said by a low level player.  Trust me, once you get high enough level with crap gear, it doens't matter if you can buy scrolls or soul soulshots.

The number 1 problem affecting this game is the adena and drop rate.  This affects ALL players equally.  There is no economy without this.  I understand they want to monetize the game somehow, and I'm ok with that, but if you are VIP4, you should not be playing a gimped version of the game.  VIP4 should be normal drop rates.  I really don't care if they sell soulshots on the L2Store.

Nothing matters without an in game economy.  No talking, arguing or anything matters without that.

14 minutes ago, Gauge said:

Said by a low level player.  Trust me, once you get high enough level with crap gear, it doens't matter if you can buy scroll soul soulshots.

The number 1 problem affecting this game is the adena and drop rate.  This affects ALL players equally.  There is no economy without this.  I understand they want to monetize the game somehow, and I'm ok with that, but if you are VIP4, you should not be playing a gimped version of the game.  VIP4 should be normal drop rates.  I really don't care if they sell soulshots on the L2Store.

Nothing matters without an in game economy.  No talking, arguing or anything matters without that.

This is amazing that people STILL DON'T GET IT, that regardless how much money they drop in L2store it doesn't fix the adena issue. Scrolls and buffs are meaningless if you can't progress. Adena drop rates are average 0.3 and XP is 7 times (you read it right everybody) 7 times more needed to hit 70. (half a billion in original l2 and 3.5 billion in current "classic"), you could level 7 characters of level 70 in l2 original vs 1 character in this classic to 70. (in case some people STlLL can't do math)

It took 2 years on average in orig l2 to make lvl 70 char. in this classic it will take 14 years. <- this calculation uis with x1 adena. with 0.30 adena rate which will make it even worse. who has 20 years to drop in this game lol.

Archived