Look who's defending the current rates ..

KABAL

9 minutes ago, Gauge said:

Said by a low level player.  Trust me, once you get high enough level with crap gear, it doens't matter if you can buy scrolls or soul soulshots.

The number 1 problem affecting this game is the adena and drop rate.  This affects ALL players equally.  There is no economy without this.  I understand they want to monetize the game somehow, and I'm ok with that, but if you are VIP4, you should not be playing a gimped version of the game.  VIP4 should be normal drop rates.  I really don't care if they sell soulshots on the L2Store.

Nothing matters without an in game economy.  No talking, arguing or anything matters without that.

You are wrong. If nobody can afford soulshots in game and someone buys them on the store then they are directly buying power.   Two exact same characters fight and only one has soul shots the one that has them will win hands down. Yes the number one problem is the adena drop rate and that is directly what makes buying soul shots in the store P2W. If everyone could afford them in game then it wouldn't be an issue. Also, if a person .buys soul shots from the store then that lets them save adena to spend on gear meanwhile the other person wouldn't be able to.

18 minutes ago, Gauge said:

Said by a low level player.  Trust me, once you get high enough level with crap gear, it doens't matter if you can buy scrolls or soul soulshots.

The number 1 problem affecting this game is the adena and drop rate.  This affects ALL players equally.  There is no economy without this.  I understand they want to monetize the game somehow, and I'm ok with that, but if you are VIP4, you should not be playing a gimped version of the game.  VIP4 should be normal drop rates.  I really don't care if they sell soulshots on the L2Store.

Nothing matters without an in game economy.  No talking, arguing or anything matters without that.

You have a point but I still don't get it how you can say that SS's bought with $ is not an advantage in the current situation where almost everyone else can't even afford to fight with SS's.

Yes, this affects ALL players equally ..... but less for the ones who buys SS's and Buffs with $. 

10 minutes ago, Nssidia said:

This is amazing that people STILL DON'T GET IT, that regardless how much money they drop in L2store it doesn't fix the adena issue. Scrolls and buffs are meaningless if you can't progress. Adena drop rates are average 0.3 and XP is 7 times (you read it right everybody) 7 times more needed to hit 70. (half a billion in original l2 and 3.5 billion in current "classic"), you could level 7 characters of level 70 in l2 original vs 1 character in this classic to 70. (in case some people STlLL can't do math)

It took 2 years on average in orig l2 to make lvl 70 char. in this classic it will take 14 years. <- this calculation uis with x1 adena. with 0.30 adena rate which will make it even worse. who has 20 years to drop in this game lol.

I never said it fixes the adena issue. Seriously , how did you end up believing so ?!

And no, SS's and Buffs are NOT meaningless right now, because that's the only way to progress!

1 minute ago, KABAL said:

You have a point but I still don't get it how you can say that SS's bought with $ is not an advantage in the current situation where almost everyone else can't even afford to fight with SS's.

Yes, this affects ALL players equally ..... but less for the ones who buys SS's and Buffs with $. 

I never said it fixes the adena issue. Seriously , how did you end up believing so ?!

And no, SS's and Buffs are NOT meaningless right now, because that's the only way to progress!

I was agreeing with you... and buffs are meaningless in that grand scheme with adena and xp rates you're just slightly offsetting the wall you're gonna hit anyway

3 hours ago, Cruchy said:

Please tell me, what is value added to game by ppl who not paying for it?

Why anyone runing business should listen to window shopers?

In my opinion (im not paying ) i shouldnt dimand anything. If i enjoy game i play, if not im leaving and dont crying.

The window shoppers are your future shoppers!

I'm one that bought the 30$ pack and ask for a refund after seeing the VIP complaining about the drop rate...

Now I'm moving to the EU sever for a test, 2E for a month, but if the NC manage to turn all of this from water to wine I'll probably return and get the 30$ again :) 

2 hours ago, Winterfressh said:

Have you ever read any books on payment models as to regarding to games? Have you ever studied game design for years to actually form an intelligent opinion?
OR are you just throwing "your opinion" without even thinking about it?

To answer your question:
The value of free players in F2P games is TREMENDOUS. Every company wants them, some even more than paying players. Now you could ask "but why"?
- Free players motivate paying players to pay more -> get ahead of the curve
- Free players with lots of time challenge paying players, generating a healthy environment
- Free players experience the game as any new player would and provide extremely valuable feedback on the game experience side (because let's be honest nobody with double or triple digit IQ would pay for this without playing for a week at least)
- Most importantly, and I cannot stress this enough: FREE PLAYERS ARE CONTENT

Your question is equally valid to the following:
- What is the adde value of having AI or NPCs in Witcher 3 or Skyrim? They never bought the game.

Should free players demand anything? In a completely ideal world, probably no. Do they have the right to do so? Is it valuable if they do?
Yes and HELL YES!
Imagine if they don't like the game, don't voice it properly, but they would just leave. At the moment that would mean the combined online number of Live and Classic would be <1000 CCU. The game then would be considered dead by paying customers due to lack of content and then they would ask for refund and leave.

Please for the love of god, use your brain. I understand you are not a bright or smart or intelligent person, but buy a few books, read them and then write a forum post.

Wow and wow, i just logged in to give you a thumb up. But wasting your time, i already decided to stop talking with these users. They are dumb, dumb and with money. They dont care about anything.

Archived