Classic Server Maintenance: Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Hime

19 minutes ago, Gauge said:

You didnt have quests to help you level and get basic gear

Yes you did.  Literally quests rewarded gear.  Remember the level 20(ish) quest to get the top NG shield?  It was in elven fortress.

You didnt have shots given to you... AND you had to click them each time you wanted to use them.

This is true.  Then again, enough adena dropped that you could afford them.  Not enough to use them 24/7 and still make money, but enough adena that you could user some and still make money.

You didnt have any of these newb helpers and daily quests...

Also true, but the repeatable quests were still in the game.

No one had adena....

False.  It was very easy to get top NG as a dwarf by 20.  On any other race is was almost as easy if you knew what you were doing.  Even people who didn't were very close to the top NG weapon at 20 just in adena and regular drops.

The notion that this was the drop rates at release is false.  It is objectively false, and I challenge anyone to show me objective proof that this is not the case.  Because objective proof has already been provided that this is the case.  You have no evidence other than a bunch of e-ragers on the forums wanting to bask in the tears of casuals.  Not only has objective proof been provided, but many people, myself included, were actually there.  This is worse,  a lot worse.

I would give up daily rewards and free soulshots and the starter quests that boost you to 20 for a normal drop rate.  Want to know why?  Because none of that stuff even compares to how important the drop rate being balanced is.

1 hour ago, TheEpicStruggle said:

I really dont understand the complaints.....  Have any of you actually played back in C1?...  

- You didnt have quests to help you level and get basic gear

- You didnt have shots given to you... AND you had to click them each time you wanted to use them.

- You didnt have any of these newb helpers and daily quests...

- No one had adena....

- It literally took a month or more to get to level 40 and that was with help.......

I just hear a lot of crying..  Go play hello kitty island adventure...  I

Agree !!

All is good for me (and my party). 2004 no one complaint, and 14 years later peoples already play android/ios games which easy as fvck. I dunno what happen if they play Path Of Exile Hardcore, you die you lose char.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, 345634562 said:

so you admit that you know how it works and you even confirm that this for whole KR<> NON KR market I bet you also know that they didn't work over weekend and NC KR is known from its poor english(yea they do have problems using english)

so why are you surprised it took so long ?

took so long is the wrong word. Taking two weeks to address adena/drops/spoils is what the current eta is pushing for. Thats extremely long timeline. English to Korean and vice versa being this issue being the root cause seems well lack luster. When a large majority of the Korean companies demand English as a 2nd language and they have been doing this back and fourth for 15 + years. I just cant/wont make excuses for them when its something they could/should have worked out ages ago.

30 minutes ago, Gauge said:

You didnt have quests to help you level and get basic gear

Yes you did.  Literally quests rewarded gear.  Remember the level 20(ish) quest to get the top NG shield?  It was in elven fortress.

You didnt have shots given to you... AND you had to click them each time you wanted to use them.

This is true.  Then again, enough adena dropped that you could afford them.  Not enough to use them 24/7 and still make money, but enough adena that you could user some and still make money.

You didnt have any of these newb helpers and daily quests...

Also true, but the repeatable quests were still in the game.

No one had adena....

False.  It was very easy to get top NG as a dwarf by 20.  On any other race is was almost as easy if you knew what you were doing.  Even people who didn't were very close to the top NG weapon at 20 just in adena and regular drops.

The notion that this was the drop rates at release is false.  It is objectively false, and I challenge anyone to show me objective proof that this is not the case.  Because objective proof has already been provided that this is the case.  You have no evidence other than a bunch of e-ragers on the forums wanting to bask in the tears of casuals.  Not only has objective proof been provided, but many people, myself included, were actually there.  This is worse,  a lot worse.

I would give up daily rewards and free soulshots and the starter quests that boost you to 20 for a normal drop rate.  Want to know why?  Because none of that stuff even compares to how important the drop rate being balanced is.

Comedy routine? or u have vip 4 / 3 

3 minutes ago, Lawman said:

@Juji When you say "this week" do you mean calendar week (as in before the week ends) or maintenance weeks (as in by next Wednesday)?  Thanks. 

I'd bet money he means by COB on Friday PDT 8-9 pm EST

Because COB on Friday in Korea is ~12 am Friday here.

2 hours ago, IH8U said:

castle sieges are full of NPC guards lvl 70, thats how clueless you are about this game if you think you can even pass the first door with D or C grade, of course that people like you think this adena and drop rates are fine lmao

Ofc you can,

I was in the First Siege of franz Server back in the day wich failed,the second ( after 2 weeks) succeded ,Top lvl was a lvl 52+ warclock who dropped zariche and was playing non stop 1week in order not to lose the sword and farm with no cost. He never attacked the quards of the castle,instead he and 2 parties were only defending  from the enemy allances , a zerg of  300+ people  rushed lots of death but in the end giran was taken. The Top gear i saw in this siege was a c grade bow from the luxury store, and manticore  armor. The clan was russian mafia i dont remember the warlocks name.

That was the hardcore l2 back then now the "hardcore" guys are soft as butter.They want pefect armor perfect buffs and perfect everythink like little spoiled kids,and ofc servers provide that.

I couldsnt Access the old forums  to link you a thread or somethink.

Lineage 2 is a simple game , the skill required is minimal ,and  thats why numbers always win

its goona be a zerg storming the castle lots of death and judging from the Community here, lots of tears of people losing xp.

Too bad we wont have siege anytime soon so you can see for yuorself.

Btw hallo old franz players  :)

for what its worth...

I was playing a scavenger back in prelude and with a bit of buying and selling was able to get top d grade equipment by about level 27.

I cornered the charcoal market around dion.

Probably without the buying and selling would have taken till 30.

Haven't bothered playing this version past level 4, but am going to hold off until I hear some better reports. No RL money.

19 hours ago, Hime said:

Los servidores de juego estarán fuera de servicio a partir del miércoles 10 de octubre de 2018 a las 5 am PDT / 8 am EDT / 1300 GMT + 1 y terminarán aproximadamente a las 7:00 am PDT / 10 am EDT / 1500 GMT + 1. El tiempo de inactividad estimado es de 2 horas .

Con este mantenimiento:

• Se realizará el mantenimiento estándar de la base de datos y reinicios de la aplicación.
  • Se solucionó un problema por el que los jugadores eran expulsados del servidor inmediatamente después de salir de la cola de inicio de sesión.

Si tiene alguna pregunta sobre los cambios que se están produciendo durante este mantenimiento, no dude en publicarlos en los foros. También le recomendamos que siga @LineageIIOps para las actualizaciones de mantenimiento y estado del servidor.

The problem of closing the client after the queue is maintained

7 minutes ago, Hime said:

The fix we received to address the client closing at the queue failed during the maintenance. We have requested another fix from the dev team.

Hime?

In addition to the game close during the queue, we are still losing 10% EXP in death.

The other problems that would be solved, I still had no way to investigate, and I can not say anything about them!

But in relation to these two that continue, can you or will you give a deadline for their solution?

19 minutes ago, Hime said:

The fix we received to address the client closing at the queue failed during the maintenance. We have requested another fix from the dev team.

TOMORROW LL UPDATE !???FIX ADENA DROP SPOIL ?

47 minutes ago, CrazyPanda said:

Dude first of all on EU is classic 2.0 or 2.5 allrdy so ... the test is for nothing and EU is pay to play for each account ...

u rly or kiding ?? .....calssic rate is classic rate x1 .......here is 1.5  not 1.0 .

6 minutes ago, Kaire said:

TOMORROW LL UPDATE !???FIX ADENA DROP SPOIL ?

tomorrow? hahaha next week my friend, and only if we have lucky. They r joking. they deleted my post with images of the disconect. I cant log in the server is kicking me more than 5 times

• L2 Team
17 minutes ago, marcysiek said:

So another week, yaaay! :D

Aiming for shorter than that.

11 minutes ago, Yuna said:

Hime?

In addition to the game close during the queue, we are still losing 10% EXP in death.

The other problems that would be solved, I still had no way to investigate, and I can not say anything about them!

But in relation to these two that continue, can you or will you give a deadline for their solution?

Yes, the high death penalty is still an issue we're working on. Unfortunately, we don't have a timeline yet for the fixes. I hope to have some more information to share later today.

3 minutes ago, Hime said:

Aiming for shorter than that.

Yes, the high death penalty is still an issue we're working on. Unfortunately, we don't have a timeline yet for the fixes. I hope to have some more information to share later today.

we believe in you ... or not?

1 hour ago, Kaire said:

NOT FIX -  DARK ELF Q  for 3.2k to 1.....not fix queu crashes again after up .....and dont fix rates !!!!! but u add some things to shop :D nice !!!!  TEHY R PRO.

until next wednesday to fail again ....

• Hime locked this topic
  • Hime unpinned this topic

Archived