Classic Server Maintenance: Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Hime

Just now, Haei said:

seems the servers will die much early than i think, this way is IMPOSSIBLE sustain yourself with this rates, i hope you guys do something fast, before its too late.

It won't die, they will merge the servers and we will have a community of people who appreciate the server. All the crybears will be gone =] 

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Hime said:

Other high priority issues are still under review:

• Adena drop rate
  • 10% EXP loss rate on death (instead of 4%)

Thats nice its looked into, but, will the wrong XP gain be fixed on many random mobs around Dion town areas and in Wasteland ... i mean, those 24+lvl mobs give less xp then wolves around starting area (and thats jsut the areas we could figure are wrong with current levels) ... and the list of such mobs is way too long to type out here, just go do some tests or simply check xp tables in database and you will find them quickly ... they seem to be nerfed to 1/10 of the supposed XP amounts.

Its infuriating spoil isn't even mentioned you spoil at mobs with 80-90% drop chance and u get 20(at best)!!! instead of 80+ drops /100 mobs its so obviously broken.How is this not getting fixed ?

Market is a mess people are selling SSD for the same price as No grade SS from the shop!!! making a whooping profit of like 5-6soulshots per click so 40adena per click!

In prelude/C1 by the level I am now, 30s, I was in full D grade.  The moment I hit 40 I was in full C grade.  The xp curves are fine, but grinding for no progression because you can barely afford SoEs is not fun gameplay.  The hype to be back on even playing ground and replay like the old days with my clanmates would of kept many of us paying for months of VIP.  But this headfirst dive into a brick wall, where we are still using quest weapons, will bleed out the playerbase.

On 05.10.2018 at 1:50 AM, Juji said:

We are going to check on the drops and confirm with the Dev team. 

See the date Juji already commented on this issue. 5 days and still under review. A bleeping big joke. They are just trying to buy some more time to milk our wallets. Was a short journey and the biggest fack up by the FraudSoft

Just now, Bubbli said:

In prelude/C1 by the level I am now, 30s, I was in full D grade.  The moment I hit 40 I was in full C grade.  The xp curves are fine, but grinding for no progression because you can barely afford SoEs is not fun gameplay.  The hype to be back on even playing ground and replay like the old days with my clanmates would of kept many of us paying for months of VIP.  But this headfirst dive into a brick wall, where we are still using quest weapons, will bleed out the playerbase.

Nonsense. Total Nonsense. C grade in Prelude was a rarity. 

3 minutes ago, Alexandrielle said:

No. Their adena rate was streamed by fragola earlier and the xp rate was the same but the adena was double. Please dont suggest things that will cause the server to die.

that's not what I heard about adena rates, but I didn't see the stream. 

Sorry if you think having most income coming from dwarfs would kill the servers, but that is the whole point of dwarfs. And their siege golem I guess

Just now, ZygiA said:

False. And also @Hime this is L2, people will always be crying. But ye, the only thing that needs increasing is Spoil rate. 

@ZygiA What level are you? I'm level 27 and I can NOT pay for my soulshots. AT ALL.

I have gotten 0 full drops and some pathetic mat drops.

There is NO WAY to acquire adena without farming level 9 quest over and over again - is this the classic experience? No it isn't. Adena drop rate is currently 1/4th of what it should be on x1 servers and it's impossible to gear yourself up.

1 minute ago, Shuma said:

For me it's obvious the community managers are addressing the issue and the devs are saying a big NO

Yes, this is a developer and/or Korea communication issue.

Please be nice to @Juji and @Hime.  I guarantee you they feel your pain and cannot make the decision themselves.  Their obligation is to be as forthcoming and transparent as possible, and since Monday morning, I've seen that.

It won't make me keep paying to play, but it will keep me around until they make their decision.

11 minutes ago, Hime said:

I will need to discuss this with Juji. I will try to post an update about this before day's end.

Dude, have you realised how broken this server is? It's worse than any private server have ever released in planet Earth. You released a full customized version of all L2 Chronicles (or at least all the aspects / things that are going to make you grind till you die, like augments etc etc) and you reduced the rates to a mazochist level. Not only that, but all the promotion and the notes before the release were fake. And NOT ONLY THAT, you didn't fix or you are not planning to fix anything a week after. I mean guys, get real. What kind of drugs do you take.

P.S. You guys realise that when C1 was released back then, maybe L2 was the only MMO. Today the gaming industry is in a whole new level. And all those L2 players of the past are not jobless or 14 years old kids that they want to grind till they die.

1 minute ago, Bastor said:

@ZygiA What level are you? I'm level 27 and I can NOT pay for my soulshots. AT ALL.

I have gotten 0 full drops and some pathetic mat drops.

There is NO WAY to acquire adena without farming level 9 quest over and over again - is this the classic experience? No it isn't. Adena drop rate is currently 1/4th of what it should be on x1 servers and it's impossible to gear yourself up.

Do the quests in TI for shots. And yes, questing is part of the game. 

1 minute ago, TurkishName said:

Which means these are not gonna be fixed and we play 1 WHOLE week with stupid custom rates?

I wonder if anyone actually realizes that they cannot just come up with a solution overnight.

They have to consider the effects on the game as a whole. They will not just randomly choose a percentage by which to increase adena drop rates. It needs to be looked a carefully.

Besides, the adena drop rate is perfectly fine as it is. People complained back in the Chronicle expansions, and it seems they still complain?

If you're quitting, send Dude your gear.

1 minute ago, ExtremeWays said:

Dude, have you realised how broken this server is? It's worse than any private server has ever released in planet earth. You released a full customized version of all L2 Chronicles (or at least all the aspects / things that are going to make you grind till you die) and you reduced the rates to a mazochist level. Not only that, but all the promotion and the notes before the release were fake. And NOT ONLY THAT, you didn't fix or you not planning to fix anything a week after. I mean guys, get real. What kind of drugs do you use.

P.S. You guys realise that when C1 was released back then, maybe L2 was the only MMO. Today the gaming industry is in a whole new level. And all those L2 players of the past are not jobless, 14 years old kids that they want to grind till they die.

Classic is a grdind fest. We all have jobs, are you rushing to the end? If so, why? 

1 minute ago, Dude said:

I wonder if anyone actually realizes that they cannot just come up with a solution overnight.

They have to consider the effects on the game as a whole. They will not just randomly choose a percentage by which to increase adena drop rates. It needs to be looked a carefully.

Besides, the adena drop rate is perfectly fine as it is. People complained back in the Chronicle expansions, and it seems they still complain?

If you're quitting, send Dude your gear.

Wow we agree on something. 

Archived