Forums

Classic Server Maintenance: Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Hime

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Hime If the investigation shows that the drop Rates were too low is there going to be compensation to the players that have been playing with lower rates? The low drop rates made it that people leveled up without being able to gear up properly, especially those that bought XP Boosters ended up more penalized for trying to support the server financially

11 minutes ago, FastFest said:

@Hime If the investigation shows that the drop Rates were too low is there going to be compensation to the players that have been playing with lower rates? The low drop rates made it that people leveled up without being able to gear up properly, especially those that bought XP Boosters ended up more penalized for trying to support the server financially

Oh yea, their usual... ANGEL CAT buff!! LOL

25 minutes ago, ciwg said:

at least double exp for this week.. AT LEAST

?????

Whats the point of double exp if you wont be able to efficiently hunt after a certain point due to being stuck in D grade armor and a level 10 weapon. That's the issue people are complaining about. Not enough adena to sustain efficient hunting. Not enough profit per hunt to progress your character. Not enough materials dropping or even spoiling to craft worthwhile recipes.

Double exp will do nothing to solve this, only make the problem worse (to an extent). Exp is decent enough where it is now anyways.

8 hours ago, Hime said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 5am PDT / 8am EDT / 1300 GMT+1 and ending at approximately 7:00 am PDT / 10 am EDT / 1500 GMT+1. Estimated downtime is 2 hours.

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • Addressed an issue where players were kicked from the server immediately after leaving the login queue.
  • The monster re-spawn rate will increase in the low-level hunting zones.
  • Fixed an issue where soulshots where being rewarded after a player chose the “Take a Spiritshot Pack” quest reward.
    • The 0 NCoin Spiritshot Pack (No-grade) x3000 bundle will be removed from the web store during the maintenance.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

8 hours ago, Hime said:

Other high priority issues are still under review:

• Adena drop rate
  • 10% EXP loss rate on death (instead of 4%)

Given these glaring issues, what compensation can the player base expect ?

Noone is forcing you to purchase ss or bss, noone is forcing you to hunt in a shitty spot without drops. 

Think twice of how you're exping and think of what you're doing wrong. 

Im 28 now, farmed some 250k adena, didn't do a single spider quest, hunting the dumbest zones with barely any drops  cause im trying to get lucky & drop my weapon.

400k would get a D grade weapon - in total id be by that around lv32, which imo is pretty OK. 

Ive been hunting solo with my orc shaman with a 17 p. atk wand! My mana runs out too fast so im smacking them  to death by 15-25 normal hits. 

Loving it. 

Give it a rest, youre able to get 1-20 in a handful of hours - of course you ain't getting adena in that time. 

Youre able to AoE in AC to do 20-25 in a day, of course you're not going to make adena in that spot when there's a 1/9 chance you get the loot that drops. 

Stop trying to make this game too easy. 

People seriously mad they're not farming half a million daily on level 25. SMFH. 

Market will stabilise when people level up, when materials go to their actual value and so on. 

2 minutes ago, Isyth said:

Well... it was fun while it lasted :) I don't have the time or the will to grind 18 hours a day, nor do I want leave my char afk at the event boss and Hope to get something. Best of luck to everyone staying ;)

You and everyone else quitting on talking island, send me your gear/adena on "iZnipo

Thanks. 

8 hours ago, Hime said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 5am PDT / 8am EDT / 1300 GMT+1 and ending at approximately 7:00 am PDT / 10 am EDT / 1500 GMT+1. Estimated downtime is 2 hours.

With this maintenance:

• Standard database maintenance and application restarts will be performed.
  • Addressed an issue where players were kicked from the server immediately after leaving the login queue.
  • The monster re-spawn rate will increase in the low-level hunting zones.
  • Fixed an issue where soulshots where being rewarded after a player chose the “Take a Spiritshot Pack” quest reward.
    • The 0 NCoin Spiritshot Pack (No-grade) x3000 bundle will be removed from the web store during the maintenance.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

I`ve been banned 2 days ago. Still no answer (ScarletVanAxe)

“I don’t have time to grind 18 hours a day”

”double the xp”

@Hime

@Juji

we have clearly people that are in the wrong server. Live version is for them. I hope you don’t push away people that came for grind and a real hardcore experience with changes that will alter the purpose of the server.

Although Adena rates need a little boost that is obvious. A small one :) 

5 minutes ago, Znipo said:

Noone is forcing you to purchase ss or bss, noone is forcing you to hunt in a shitty spot without drops. 

Think twice of how you're exping and think of what you're doing wrong. 

Im 28 now, farmed some 250k adena, didn't do a single spider quest, hunting the dumbest zones with barely any drops  cause im trying to get lucky & drop my weapon.

400k would get a D grade weapon - in total id be by that around lv32, which imo is pretty OK. 

Ive been hunting solo with my orc shaman with a 17 p. atk wand! My mana runs out too fast so im smacking them  to death by 15-25 normal hits. 

Loving it. 

Give it a rest, youre able to get 1-20 in a handful of hours - of course you ain't getting adena in that time. 

Youre able to AoE in AC to do 20-25 in a day, of course you're not going to make adena in that spot when there's a 1/9 chance you get the loot that drops. 

Stop trying to make this game too easy. 

People seriously mad they're not farming half a million daily on level 25. SMFH. 

Market will stabilise when people level up, when materials go to their actual value and so on. 

Youre ok with dumping all of your savings into a shitty D grade weapon at 30+?? That is not a sustainable path. These issues we have will increase exponentially as server life continues man.

Please first consider: Exp curve starts increasing at level 22 in NA version. In NA, you need little over 3 Billion exp to reach level 70. EU classic you need a little over 400 million. That's over 7 times as much in NA! This will drive average legit players off server as P2W players, botters and nolifers will have massive level advantage in pvp.

Secondly: with current adena/item drop rates, you will be 60+ farming without shots, no pots, no teleporting, /unstuck soeing  - saving up for c grade weapon, jewels and armor. If you craft, the crystals alone will cost a few million. But spoil is broken (5-10% NA rate)  so you must buy from trader. That will cost much more in crystals.

Meanwhile P2W players, botters and nolifers will be gods in pvp. Just like official L2 p2w/botting servers. You have not played classic and have no idea how OP people get with higher level and gear than opponent. 1 party will kill entire clan..... 

9 minutes ago, sour said:

Youre ok with dumping all of your savings into a shitty D grade weapon at 30+?? That is not a sustainable path. These issues we have will increase exponentially as server life continues man.

Please first consider: Exp curve starts increasing at level 22 in NA version. In NA, you need little over 3 Billion exp to reach level 70. EU classic you need a little over 400 million. That's over 7 times as much in NA! This will drive average legit players off server as P2W players, botters and nolifers will have massive level advantage in pvp.

Secondly: with current adena/item drop rates, you will be 60+ farming without shots, no pots, no teleporting, /unstuck soeing  - saving up for c grade weapon, jewels and armor. If you craft, the crystals alone will cost a few million. But spoil is broken (5-10% NA rate)  so you must buy from trader. That will cost much more in crystals.

Meanwhile P2W players, botters and nolifers will be gods in pvp. Just like official L2 p2w/botting servers. You have not played classic and have no idea how OP people get with higher level and gear than opponent. 1 party will kill entire clan..... 

So you'd rather everyone running in top gear, than rewarding  those who actually farm?

I hope bots n RMT will be dealt with swiftly. 

But yes, im happy with my free D grade & if im running a crappy D grade weapon by level 32, i would then begin saving up for C grade, getting adena will also be easier at higher levels  especially when everyone levels up & there's a real economy when people can buy/sell/craft materials and so on. 

If you expect top d grade by 30+ honestly i dont think classic is for you. 

If exp curve really is higher - great ill have more time to save up. 

Ill keep spending coins, ill keep hunting and leveling slow. 

Those of you that want "real classic experience" can  go to EU (theres a reason you left EU tho). 

PS there's a reason EU classic is dead. 

Don't kill our version too tyvm. 

3 minutes ago, Znipo said:

So you'd rather everyone running in top gear, than rewarding  those who actually farm?

I hope bots n RMT will be dealt with swiftly. 

But yes, im happy with my free D grade & if im running a crappy D grade weapon by level 32, i would then begin saving up for C grade, getting adena will also be easier at higher levels  especially when everyone levels up & there's a real economy when people can buy/sell/craft materials. 

If you expect top d grade by 30+ honestly i dont think classic is for you. 

If exp curve really is higher - great ill have more time to save up. 

PS there's a reason EU classic is dead. 

Don't kill our version too tyvm. 

ummm, Im sorry if I misinterpreted your original post - but it sure sounded like you were implying that people were playing wrong and rates were not in fact unbalanced. That they needed to adjust their playstyle or smg…. 

I was replying with facts in response to that.

And yes, classic is for me. Ive played the crap out of it. That's how I know these are not 1.5 rates like we were led to believe.

PS: I havnt check in a while, but wasn't EU classic averaging around 1.5k pop on weekdays beginning of this year? Has it dropped that much?

You guys seem dont see the bigger picture here at all. Im talking to you guys who justify the drop rates spoil rates. Fine leave the adena amount the same but now think past 40

Spellbook drops with normal rates took weeks to get now what a month c grade equip recepies and mats with the spoil rate and drop rate will take half a year to get ? Heck i want to see a mage who goes with d grade weapon to 43 + mob with no ss and fails to do dmg every 4th attack . Even if you go with 9 man parties to farm and assuming it will be cp and the stuff you needed will be given to you it will tale months to get a spellbook ,or recepie of the gear you need .But ofc stay defend this and see player base droping it all went good with bless online archeage and other money grabing titles

This rates are the best for  RMT, ppl dont have money for nothing, only way is make spider quest one time and again and again or........ be a master of luckers and pray for a drop (1 shield at lvl 2 here) you can craft but...............problem!!!!! the spoil rates is terrible and.......... enjoy this botters and nolifers!!!!!!!! the normal people cant do nothing.

GG

Archived