Issues Status Update - 10.9.2018

Hime

Spoil is ok, as far i checked on low level mobs - my recipes are spoiled as expected (cbp, steel, cokes, synth cokes, durable braid etc).

Sligtly low adena drop rate.

Bugged quests, not only in reward but hints/status as well, not all, but some.

Some monsters have a extremely low exp/sp rate, it is obviously bug (for example - dwarf village northern area, Northern Tridens and mobs around -  wolfs and bats,  around 100XP and  2-3SP)

In my opinion most of complainers are players from high rate pirate servers, but yes, bugs exists.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Stratus said:

Spoil is ok, as far i checked on low level mobs - my recipes are spoiled as expected (cbp, steel, cokes, synth cokes, durable braid etc).

Sligtly low adena drop rate.

Bugged quests, not only in reward but hints/status as well, not all, but some.

Some monsters have a extremely low exp/sp rate, it is obviously bug (for example - dwarf village northern area, Northern Tridens and mobs around -  wolfs and bats,  around 100XP and  2-3SP)

In my opinion most of complainers are players from high rate pirate servers, but yes, bugs exists.

u kiding bro ?? ... spoil chance 1/27  AND SPOIL FROM 200-300mobs for rec....its normal spoil??? sam drop mats etc....

Drop soil and adena r  0.25....and ppl want it x1 for drop adena and spoil thats all. not more plp dont have time to spend 24/7 in game....i think only kids say all its good bcs have not job thats all..

5 hours ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

Apologies for my delayed response. We plan to resolve all of the issues above including drops/adena/spoil and the XP Loss Upon Death this week. I will share more details on these two once we receive the patch from Dev. 

Best Regards,
Juji

@Kokusho there you go. You need to do more research before you comment on my topics. 

1 minute ago, Kaire said:

u kiding bro ?? ... spoil chance 1/27  AND SPOIL FROM 200-300mobs for rec....its normal spoil??? sam drop mats etc....

I'm sorry about your bad luck. There can be another bug, not really rate related, who knows.

I drop my blue gem from Gremlin at 5 lvl, after killing 100 or more mobs, lol.

My recipes are spoiled not so easy, but as expected. I mean compared to retail c1-c3 servers.

Yeah i am not quite sure the spoil-rates are correct. Spoiling with someone else together for over one hour, trying to get Recipe: Leather, from a mob with 17% spoil-chance ... doesn't seem right that i only got one.

But as it said: known issue, working on it - perfect! :)

Fix the Queue problem developers at least to w8 more but when the queue hit 0 to be able to login. Its crazy that all the pay to play care only for the rates and exp.. Many of my friends have quit, and i will do the same if you dont fix the queue problem. Also you must keep in mind that because someone isnt VIP doesnt mean that he will not give you money in the future and leave him out. Thats not right, otherwise change the title from "free to play" to" pay to play or you will die in the queue session"! Thats from me , sorry for my bad english 

Peace ✌

5 hours ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

Apologies for my delayed response. We plan to resolve all of the issues above including drops/adena/spoil and the XP Loss Upon Death this week. I will share more details on these two once we receive the patch from Dev. 

Best Regards,
Juji

Ahahahah.... More one week ??   Bye bye!!!   Back to EU.

EU/RU Server >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Abyss >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NAClassic/NA-Staff >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Players who like this server (Crazy people)

Everyone saying the rates are "fine" are failing to realise one simple point, server was announced as 1.5 Age of Splendor and you can check it in the patch notes.

Knowing that the server would be 1.5 Age of Splendor was what made people want to play here and purchase the starter packs.

They can't just launch it with some other patch with 0.25 Adena and Drop/Spoil Rates and call it a day. This is not what was announced and thats why everyone is mad.

The fact that you guys like the way the server is now is totally irrelevant.

Yeah exactly, just requested refund for the pack. I will even start chargeback via my Credit card provider for fraud/scam advertising. Nothing matches with the official patch notes they have provided. %4 XP loss, 1.5 content etc all lie and intended. Paypal gives the refund in the fraud cases like these(just show what's going on in the forum, they even admitted it) if you guys want to try, for just credit card talk to your credit card provider for a chargeback for fraud if NC refuses to refund you.

50 minutes ago, airfathaaaaa said:

whats the fun playing on a server that dwarfs cant feed the economy with materials and parts?

oh wait i forgot you gonna level up to 70 with top ng

Only thing i agree with is higher spoil rate, but not by an crazy amount.

Adena/drop is fine as is. 

I see the "hardcore" folks are out in force.  Don't be deceived.  There was a recent poll here.  Last I looked, over 1,300 people had voted and only 21% wanted the rates to remain the same.  This is far more than 100 complainers and a large portion of the, what, 2000-3000 actual active players (not accounts, players, since the same player can only vote once ever if he/she has more than one account).  Thank you for addressing the problem.  Please make the correction meaningful, please provide details as soon as possible, and please don't wait until next maintenance to install.  It would also be helpful if you explained the philosophy and long-term thinking behind whatever solution you introduce.  Thank you. 

11 hours ago, marcysiek said:

I am curious what they will come up with this time... introduce vio5,vip6 and vip7 with improved adena drops XD?

personally I hope so, an increase across the board is a huge buff to bots more than anyone else.

If you want to play the game properly pay the subscription imo.

That said, literally anything is better than what we have now, so good!

11 hours ago, morus said:

hahahaha...xD "working with the dev team in Korea" - I cannot be more sure, that this exp loss issue, extremely needs a multinational consultancy team.

How about calling a NASA? They also had some issue in 1970 with a rocket, and  successfully solved the problem, maybe they can help you?

This is a configuration or hardcoded setting that NCWest may not have permissions to adjust.

11 hours ago, Sloppy said:

Where is the status regarding the broken mobs xp, (giving 100 xp)...

I would continue to report this once the higher priority issues are fixed.  It's definitely of a lower priority right now.  And yes, I spent a few hours hunting the eyeballs and wolves outside Dion, too.  I get you.

Just now, WHYALLFAIL said:

How so? That classic version has many different setups than Korea which means NCWEST changed it. So?

I don't pretend to know what they were given, but if it's anything like we produce at my company, we allow our partners access to certain settings and not to others for various reasons.  It may not be within the normal configuration settings they have the power to adjust.

It's likely that all of those changes classic has different than Korea were all approved prior to launch and developed ahead of time.

Just now, FatHips said:

I don't pretend to know what they were given, but if it's anything like we produce at my company, we allow our partners access to certain settings and not to others for various reasons.  It may not be within the normal configuration settings they have the power to adjust.

It's likely that all of those changes classic has different than Korea were all approved prior to launch and developed ahead of time.

Then let me tell you, right 1 day before launch they changed PK DESTROY ITEM TO PK DROP ITEM. They did not need 2 weeks to consult Internationally. So that means, they can actually change things.

2 minutes ago, WHYALLFAIL said:

How so? That classic version has many different setups than Korea which means NCWEST changed it. So?

That's not how software developement works. There is a dev team in Korea. NCWest does NOT develop the game. It's also a bleep corporation for bleeps sake. Everything has to go through a workflow, and probably dozens of people, before any dev even starts to work on it. It's not like Juji changes whatever the bleep he wants. He can request it from the Koreans. Some higher ups will decide if it's a go or a no go. If it's a go, they, the Korean higher ups will instruct the Korean dev team to work on it, and when they are done, they will release the patch to NCWest. NCWest is NOT the company that develops the game. NCSoft is.

9 hours ago, Brokenashell said:

it would be nice but what about -20% exp on death on pvp ? :) (probably not often but still)
Just saying bc i just get that recorded.
I understand that that bug wll be taking care of.

This happens in pve and pvp when you delevel at or around 0% into your next level.  The 10% rate is applied to your current level when you die, due to the fact that the XP curve is so steep in classic, you lose 10% of your current level, which translates into roughly 20% of your previous level.

For example you're level 25 0%, you die, you go down 10% of level 25 level, which is roughly 20% of 24 level, so you wind up 24 and 80%

This is not a bug and also happens with 4% rates (they would be 8%), the "bug" if any is the 10%, nothing else.

I do not know if this applies to you, but it's hard for me to believe that so many players who played for so many years forget one of the very basic things in L2 death mechanics.

1 minute ago, nbx said:

That's not how software developement works. There is a dev team in Korea. NCWest does NOT develop the game. It's also a bleep corporation for bleeps sake. Everything has to go through a workflow, and probably dozens of people, before any dev even starts to work on it. It's not like Juji changes whatever the bleep he wants. He can request it from the Koreans. Some higher ups will decide if it's a go or a no go. If it's a go, they, the Korean higher ups will instruct the Korean dev team to work on it, and when they are done, they will release the patch to NCWest. NCWest is NOT the company that develops the game. NCSoft is.

I will paste it in here too.

Then let me tell you, right 1 day before launch they changed PK DESTROY ITEM TO PK DROP ITEM. They did not need 2 weeks to consult Internationally. So that means, they can actually change things.

6 minutes ago, FatHips said:

This is a configuration or hardcoded setting that NCWest may not have permissions to adjust.

Some rocket scientists should to have a look at it, as well. This "rate issue" is the really hard thing... hahahah...xD

1 hour ago, Znipo said:

Youre able to do just fine. Server is a week old with majority of people on lv. 20.

Lol.

XP is not the problem right now.  There is a lot of "helper" things to get to and through the 20s.  You're going to hit the wall in late 30s then again early 40s.

There is zero chance of gear progression on one character.  Sure, you should be able to get ahead if you play multiple chars and quest farm etc.  However, even prelude you could succeed with one character if you played smart.  It's simply not possible here beyond level 30.

I'm not into spider simulator either or L2.Ethiopia myself.  I'm not hardcore enough I guess.

They are making a good change, we'll see how good and what other problems it brings, but it would be hard to make the game worse than it is right now, honestly.

Archived