Jump to content
Hime

Issues Status Update - 10.9.2018

Recommended Posts

FatHips    237
1 hour ago, Stratus said:

Spoil is ok, as far i checked on low level mobs - my recipes are spoiled as expected (cbp, steel, cokes, synth cokes, durable braid etc).

Sligtly low adena drop rate.

Bugged quests, not only in reward but hints/status as well, not all, but some.

Some monsters have a extremely low exp/sp rate, it is obviously bug (for example - dwarf village northern area, Northern Tridens and mobs around -  wolfs and bats,  around 100XP and  2-3SP)

In my opinion most of complainers are players from high rate pirate servers, but yes, bugs exists.

Your sample size is small.  Understandable but empirically inaccurate as proven by many others.  My own experience is totally opposite of you, for example.

One clan member spent 3 days on dwarf to get DSS recipe, no luck.

I spent 33 hours in AC trying to get bow/dagger mats with spoil (1% rate).  Got one. From a drop.  I probably killed 2000 mobs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nbx    39
6 minutes ago, TurkishName said:

I will paste it in here too.

Then let me tell you, right 1 day before launch they changed PK DESTROY ITEM TO PK DROP ITEM. They did not need 2 weeks to consult Internationally. So that means, they can actually change things.

Yeah, there are differences though. (I can assure you that it was the Koreans working on that too, though.)

1. It was still pre-launch, when they probably had a team dedicated to work on the NA release.

2. That change has a lot smaller effect on the game as a whole so there might be an entirely different flow for those kind of decisions.

3. It ended up going splendid, didn't it? It only messed up the release schedule by half a day. They should have just patched it in later. You don't rush software developement.

I say this as someone who actually works in enterprise software developement for an international company. The overwhelming majority of you guys have an insanely simplistic view on how any of this works.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FatHips    237
20 minutes ago, WHYALLFAIL said:

Then let me tell you, right 1 day before launch they changed PK DESTROY ITEM TO PK DROP ITEM. They did not need 2 weeks to consult Internationally. So that means, they can actually change things.

I suspect Korea was on-call prior to launch for last minute fixes.  Such things are normal.

I also suspect this delay has to do with Korea's management rather than NCWest; if it was me I would have had them on call for the entire first week after launch, but that's apparently not what happened.  The problem is NCWest cannot professionally say anything about it, so they have to take the shit for it.  Understandable anger from the community for sure, but having worked in software for five years I completely understand the cycle so I'm more tolerant I guess.

Just don't take it out on @Juji or @HimeThey owned up to their communication errors last week, that's as far as the extent of responsibility goes for them.  Beyond that, especially Hime, is not in a position to fix anything directly.

Edited by FatHips
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KABAL    98
6 hours ago, existenz said:

lol why?

Is simple! Only reason I sent a refund in the first place was because they didn't fixed and didn't even acknowledged, in the first thread Hime has opened, that drop/spoil, beside adena, are also pathetic.

Now that they came up with a normal decision - yes, normal , because rates should of been "fixed" day one -, I sent a reply to the support saying to .. 'hold on' :)

You are not happy that players will keep playing here? Oh .. poor you! Is fine! Get used with the fact that if it was not for the many, many players who posted feedback about adena/drop/spoil , you would of ended with .. whales, just like Live server is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FatHips    237
43 minutes ago, JinjO said:

Fix the Queue problem developers at least to w8 more but when the queue hit 0 to be able to login. Its crazy that all the pay to play care only for the rates and exp.. Many of my friends have quit, and i will do the same if you dont fix the queue problem. Also you must keep in mind that because someone isnt VIP doesnt mean that he will not give you money in the future and leave him out. Thats not right, otherwise change the title from "free to play" to" pay to play or you will die in the queue session"! Thats from me , sorry for my bad english 

Peace ✌

As much as I hate the drop rates, this is definitely their highest priority from a business perspective.  It also sounds like it will be fixed today, so they took the appropriate action.  It's just a shame it took until today to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FatHips    237
37 minutes ago, elu said:

Everyone saying the rates are "fine" are failing to realise one simple point, server was announced as 1.5 Age of Splendor and you can check it in the patch notes.

Knowing that the server would be 1.5 Age of Splendor was what made people want to play here and purchase the starter packs.

They can't just launch it with some other patch with 0.25 Adena and Drop/Spoil Rates and call it a day. This is not what was announced and thats why everyone is mad.

The fact that you guys like the way the server is now is totally irrelevant.

This is completely correct.

Edited by FatHips

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GrumpyMuppet    54
32 minutes ago, FatHips said:

personally I hope so, an increase across the board is a huge buff to bots more than anyone else.

If you want to play the game properly pay the subscription imo.

 

That said, literally anything is better than what we have now, so good!

We all know most of the whining ppl like you just want them to let you pay2win, the devs knows, the players knows, everyone already knows. You can stop crying, i promess you that sooner or later they will allow you to pay2win, we are talking about ncsoft. Until that happens i will enjoy winning pvp against "donators old school experienced players from l2" (as you see yourself buffoon)in pvps with their nice hats, buffs and pets.

Pay what suscription? its supposed to be free2play. And the funniest thing is that the day when they actually make it pay2win like you want (deny it all you want, you just want them to let you be able to pay to win) and the free2play  players leaves the game, it will leave the server deserted with only a small amount of donators players remaining who will lose all the hype they have right now because there wont be anyone else to brag about their stuff, from 5000 players to 500 will be lame.

Edited by GrumpyMuppet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FatHips    237
20 minutes ago, nbx said:

That's not how software developement works. There is a dev team in Korea. NCWest does NOT develop the game. It's also a bleep corporation for bleeps sake. Everything has to go through a workflow, and probably dozens of people, before any dev even starts to work on it. It's not like Juji changes whatever the bleep he wants. He can request it from the Koreans. Some higher ups will decide if it's a go or a no go. If it's a go, they, the Korean higher ups will instruct the Korean dev team to work on it, and when they are done, they will release the patch to NCWest. NCWest is NOT the company that develops the game. NCSoft is.

People will complain about how private servers develop fixes faster.  They do, this is the advantage of a small company.  But what happens when a private server gets hacked or DOS?  They go offline and your data is exposed.  A large company has the economies of scale to deal with such problems, this is why we trust them with our PII.

This is the price you pay for stability, but it doesn't mean the process could not be improved or have been anticipated better, that's a failure of NCWest and Korea jointly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ragingducks    40

The adena problem is getting sorted soon, as they know it's only a matter of time until only a few VIPs play against each other in an empty desert of a server.

People want hardcore, but there is a limit. No one wants to kill spiders for a living.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Karmageddon    1

The only problem that solves this is that kids instead of buying the adena at 0.04 USDollar = xxx Adena will now buy it at 0.06 USDollar.
Just have patience to play this game and not cry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zykath    1
3 minutes ago, ragingducks said:

The adena problem is getting sorted soon, as they know it's only a matter of time until only a few VIPs play against each other in an empty desert of a server.

People want hardcore, but there is a limit. No one wants to kill spiders for a living.

What if you are an exterminator for a living? So someone does want to squish spiders.  

Edited by Zykath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FatHips    237
11 minutes ago, nbx said:

Yeah, there are differences though. (I can assure you that it was the Koreans working on that too, though.)

1. It was still pre-launch, when they probably had a team dedicated to work on the NA release.

2. That change has a lot smaller effect on the game as a whole so there might be an entirely different flow for those kind of decisions.

3. It ended up going splendid, didn't it? It only messed up the release schedule by half a day. They should have just patched it in later. You don't rush software developement.

I say this as someone who actually works in enterprise software developement for an international company. The overwhelming majority of you guys have an insanely simplistic view on how any of this works.

They sure do.  We only do some very limited international work here and it's still crazy complicated.

You are also right about one thing in particular, they are ignoring the difference in scale of the effect of changes.

Yes, it's likely simple to change drop configurations.  Yes it's likely simple to change death loss.

The effect on revenue of changing drop configuration is massive because it directly affects how many people buy things from the L2Store which is their primary revenue stream.  Those decisions take time and involve probably VP level of NC Korea or at least West.

The servers not being accessible was their primary concern for obvious reasons, which is why it was addressed first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MSAG    1

Idk about other classic version, I haven't played since the first L2 long long ago and I remember it being this hard to get gear and level up, level 22 here with 150k adena and a lot of valuable items, I'm the only one dying and lossing 10% exp?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kaire    15

ppl have  adena bcs styin stupid box event its all...2k online 4k boxes that it  2 boxes is 2 mauch...1 box much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GrumpyMuppet    54
3 minutes ago, MSAG said:

Idk about other classic version, I haven't played since the first L2 long long ago and I remember it being this hard to get gear and level up, level 22 here with 150k adena and a lot of valuable items, I'm the only one dying and lossing 10% exp?  

here you have a clear example of players found playing the game, read the kids thread who wont stop crying and answer this question: who of those two do you think wants to spend their real money to gain advantages ingame? one is busy grinding in the game his stuff AS SHOULD BE IN A L2 GAME. the other one is crying in the forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FatHips    237
21 minutes ago, GrumpyMuppet said:

We all know most of the whining ppl like you just want them to let you pay2win, the devs knows, the players knows, everyone already knows. You can stop crying, i promess you that sooner or later they will allow you to pay2win, we are talking about ncsoft. Until that happens i will enjoy winning pvp against "donators old school experienced players from l2" (as you see yourself buffoon)in pvps with their nice hats, buffs and pets.

Pay what suscription? its supposed to be free2play. And the funniest thing is that the day when they actually make it pay2win like you want (deny it all you want, you just want them to let you be able to pay to win) and the free2play  players leaves the game, it will leave the server deserted with only a small amount of donators players remaining who will lose all the hype they have right now because there wont be anyone else to brag about their stuff, from 5000 players to 500 will be lame.

You assume a lot about me based on nothing.

VIP is effectively a subscription for any active player on Japan and Taiwan from what I've heard, I hope they go that way.

If they add pay to win anything that resembles the Live servers, I'll be gone just as most people would.  I wish they'd remove shots and buffs as it stands now, I think that's bullshit.

It's difficult to bring in enough revenue with Free to Play on an MMO without Pay to Win, that's why I hate the free to play model.

Pay to win is garbage, I was one of the best long before it, ask around. It's not my thing.  Maybe you're from a private server and don't know me, I don't know.  I don't assume things about you because it makes me look like a clown :).  

On second thought I think you're either just trolling or you've never read any of my posts, if you have my position should be perfectly clear.  

Edited by FatHips

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rippz    0

This server started just fine with the adena drop and exp.. it only failed HARD on item and spoil drop.. people on old low rates made their Adena by selling a bunch of animal skins and iron ores to the NPCs.. not by picking on the mobs.. and spoilers and crafters made the economy flow by making items for hunters to buy.. WITHOUT ITEMS DROPPING OR SPOILING YOU CANT HAVE AN ECONOMY ON AN RPG!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GrumpyMuppet    54
6 minutes ago, FatHips said:

You assume a lot about me based on nothing.

VIP is effectively a subscription for any active player on Japan and Taiwan from what I've heard, I hope they go that way.

If they add pay to win anything that resembles the Live servers, I'll be gone just as most people would.

Pay to win is garbage, I was one of the best long before it, ask around. It's not my thing.  Maybe you're from a private server and don't know me, I don't know.  I don't assume things about you because it makes me look like an bleep :)

On second thought I think you're either just trolling or you've never read any of my posts, if you have my position should be perfectly clear.  

You just asked for bonus adena added to VIP status. thats more pay2win than anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zykath    1

As for the 10% on death, I am from oldschool Lineage 2 and if I remember correctly, it has always been a higher % upon death until you hit level 40 which then decreased to 4%.

 

I would challenge someone that is level 40 to say if its still 10% ;)  anyone that high yet? :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spoobg    31

People on old low rates got around x4-5 more adena drop so at least half of their adena was from pickung up from the mobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ragingducks    40
19 minutes ago, Zykath said:

What if you are an exterminator for a living? So someone does want to squish spiders.  

Never noticed their tears?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zykath    1
10 minutes ago, GrumpyMuppet said:

You just asked for bonus adena added to VIP status. thats more pay2win than anything.

How do you expect a company offering you a game to play for free without forcing you to buy in to stay in business?

 

I think the definition of pay2win doesnt come from the ability to gain more adena from hunting mobs yourself.

 

You should be thanking those who pay for VIP status, as it doesn't give you god mode AND it supports your ability to play this game without paying a real subscription.

 

Edited by Zykath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zykath    1
2 minutes ago, ragingducks said:

Never noticed their tears?

Nope, every exterminator I have met is completely happy to come to my house to squish my spiders because I am paying him for his service expertise.

 

If you hate your job, find a new one.  That is an age old solution to this issue.

IF you hate killing l2 spiders, pay someone adena to do it for you? O.o

Edited by Zykath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ragingducks    40
1 minute ago, Zykath said:

Nope, every exterminator I have met is completely happy to come to my house to squish my spiders because I am paying him for his service expertise.

 

If you hate your job, find a new one.  That is an age old solution to this issue.

IF you hate killing l2 spiders, pay someone adena to do it for you? O.o

Killing spiders is how you get adena. Without adena you can't get someone to kill spiders for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×