Jump to content
Hime

Issues Status Update - 10.9.2018

Recommended Posts

Zykath    1
2 minutes ago, ragingducks said:

Killing spiders is how you get adena. Without adena you can't get someone to kill spiders for you.

If killing spiders if your only way to make adena I suggest you become the peoples exterminator then o.O.

Edited by Zykath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FatHips    237
17 minutes ago, GrumpyMuppet said:

You just asked for bonus adena added to VIP status. thats more pay2win than anything.

Technically you could call it that, in reality though I essentially want the rates that are normal for the game's designed balance, C1 rates (like in the PRIMA guide) lets say.  The last thing I want are rates that will break the gameNormal rates will not do that.

This is the reverse of saying, free players should not have access to the entire game, a freemium version should be watered down enough for them to try the game but desire to pay for the entire games content.  The goal for NC is for every free playing to become a paying customer, that is paramount.  They can do it via pay to win, or via content.  I hope they go with content.  If they go with pay to win, I won't stay.

Another alternative could be limiting levels or skills or something, while leaving drops the same for all.

But, boosting VIP to normal levels of drops is a very effective way to control the effect of the bot population.

If you continue on the thread without contributing anything valuable to the conversation you're just trolling and I'm going to ignore you, which I'm sure you don't care, but I thought I'd be polite and inform you.

Edited by FatHips

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ragingducks    40
3 minutes ago, Zykath said:

If killing spiders if your only way to make adena I suggest you become the peoples exterminator then o.O.

Ever been to the spiders area? It's full of bots farming it 24-7. Guess why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11,695 topics in general discussion for only a couple weeks on classic forum only 6700 something on live, and 75% of those because you screwed the pooch on classic launch, 14k people online yesterday and i will bet come thursday the numbers will start declining poste haste. all of which equals less revenue for ncsoft, why pay for crap here when you can go back to skelth with your already leveled and geared character? or live with your 103+++ characters and not have to pay for junk. A fix will have to be soon, or i garantee 50% of the br's will exit classic till something changes or forever.

Edited by WilliamWallace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FatHips    237
11 minutes ago, WilliamWallace said:

11,695 topics in general discussion for only a couple weeks on classic forum only 6700 something on live, and 75% of those because you screwed the pooch on classic launch, 14k people online yesterday and i will bet come thursday the numbers will start declining poste haste. all of which equals less revenue for ncsoft, why pay for crap here when you can go back to skelth with your already leveled and geared character? or live with your 103+++ characters and not have to pay for junk. A fix will have to be soon, or i garantee 50% of the br's will exit classic till something changes or forever.

I don't think many of the population will stay who would not have left in a month anyways who actually still enjoy Live servers.  Most of those players are pay2winners and love that model and won't be able to handle it here.

Also, I assume br's generally are not paying customers so NC probably does not care all that much.  They care about their NA customerbase primarily.  The primary bot program right now is made in BR, so that says enough about that population.  Much like Ranger said enough about Live.

I could be wrong, but I bet the data backs that up as it's just common sense from what you see in the game.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by FatHips

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zykath    1
4 minutes ago, WilliamWallace said:

11,695 topics in general discussion for only a couple weeks on classic forum only 6700 something on live, and 75% of those because you screwed the pooch on classic launch, 14k people online yesterday and i will bet come thursday the numbers will start declining poste haste. all of which equals less revenue for ncsoft, why pay for crap here when you can go back to skelth with your already leveled and geared character? or live with your 103+++ characters and not have to pay for junk. A fix will have to be soon, or i garantee 50% of the br's will exit classic till something changes or forever.

Are you the representative for Brasil?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Amigonso    0
7 hours ago, Juji said:

Hello All,

Apologies for my delayed response. We plan to resolve all of the issues above including drops/adena/spoil and the XP Loss Upon Death this week. I will share more details on these two once we receive the patch from Dev. 

Best Regards,
Juji

I am very glad to see how close from the comunity you are, giving us the feedback, even tough the solution are not comming as fast as people desire, most important is know that you are caring about it :)

Juji, can you confirm if this xp/drop rate are the same as 1.0 had when it was released?  Just curious ^.^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GrumpyMuppet    54
1 hour ago, FatHips said:

Technically you could call it that, in reality though I essentially want the rates that are normal for the game's designed balance, C1 rates (like in the PRIMA guide) lets say.  The last thing I want are rates that will break the gameNormal rates will not do that.

This is the reverse of saying, free players should not have access to the entire game, a freemium version should be watered down enough for them to try the game but desire to pay for the entire games content.  The goal for NC is for every free playing to become a paying customer, that is paramount.  They can do it via pay to win, or via content.  I hope they go with content.  If they go with pay to win, I won't stay.

Another alternative could be limiting levels or skills or something, while leaving drops the same for all.

But, boosting VIP to normal levels of drops is a very effective way to control the effect of the bot population.

If you continue on the thread without contributing anything valuable to the conversation you're just trolling and I'm going to ignore you, which I'm sure you don't care, but I thought I'd be polite and inform you.

I will stop reading you now, you sir are a buffoon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marcysiek    93
2 hours ago, FatHips said:

personally I hope so, an increase across the board is a huge buff to bots more than anyone else.

If you want to play the game properly pay the subscription imo.

 

That said, literally anything is better than what we have now, so good!

Well skelth has 10€ subscription and there was still a lot of bots lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FatHips    237
11 minutes ago, marcysiek said:

Well skelth has 10€ subscription and there was still a lot of bots lol

Barrier of entry is not the only equation in solving bots, it's also enforcement.  Without both the other the problem is impossible to solve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FatHips    237
42 minutes ago, GrumpyMuppet said:

I will stop reading you now, you sir are a buffoon.

You got me, thanks for doing us a favor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lawman    147

I can only speak for myself, Grumpy, but my preferred solution would be pure subscription based, with no P2W features at all.  Given that NCWest has not chosen that route, I'm looking for other solutions that make the game viable in both the short and long term, assure NCWest of their profits and eliminate the need for the extreme pay to win features of the live game.  Perhaps instead of just acting like a troll and criticizing people, you could join in the effort to find a solution that meets all of these criteria.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FatHips    237
13 minutes ago, Lawman said:

I can only speak for myself, Grumpy, but my preferred solution would be pure subscription based, with no P2W features at all.  Given that NCWest has not chosen that route, I'm looking for other solutions that make the game viable in both the short and long term, assure NCWest of their profits and eliminate the need for the extreme pay to win features of the live game.  Perhaps instead of just acting like a troll and criticizing people, you could join in the effort to find a solution that meets all of these criteria.

Yep, it's the lesser of two evils, and admittedly its possible for it to even be better for the server.  It might attract more new players than a sub based game.  As long as they can do that without making it p2w I am onboard.

But I do agree, I would definitely prefer a subscription.  They can sell all the costmetic stuff they want in the shop I don't care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PPbox    2
5 minutes ago, Blackdreans said:

nice screenshot from private server idiot

Go to giran, NPC called beggins near luxury :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×