Forums

Issues Status Update - 10.9.2018

Hime

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AdrsDK said:

There is no way to login at all.... it kicks you out before even reaching the end of the queue.

Can someone from L2 team let us know when this will be fixed?

haha probably next week on the next mainteance, but it can fail too xD

THE FIX IS VERY EASY. Remove that "Priority" from VIP users, if you cant implement it good enough. Why 90% of ppl should suffer because of that? And its truly 90%. I have VIP also, but my buffer doesnt have. I guess many ppl play like me. Not saying that someone has no VIP at all!

9 minutes ago, Holy_l2 said:

You need to increase the capacity of the servers or else create another server with GMT -3 or -2
Otherwise they will start to lose many people who want to play and simply can not get into the game ....

Yeah. What an easy fix.
But anyway .. too late for me.

i wonder what kind of base code they have that makes it difficult to change the value of a probably static variable or a field in the SQL database.

but i think when they want to make a change they have to get the approval of the developper in NC Korea which makes changing anything horribly hard.

17 hours ago, Hime said:

Olá, esta será uma atualização de status diária sobre os problemas prioritários relatados desde o lançamento do Classic na semana passada. Para outros problemas conhecidos, por favor clique aqui .

• O cliente fechará (depois da fila) - temos uma correção para amanhã durante a manutenção.
  • "Take A Spiritshot Pack" recompensa de missão - nós temos uma correção que vai sair amanhã durante a manutenção.
  • Contas Bloqueadas / Bloqueadas - Nossa equipe de Suporte está experimentando um grande volume de tickets. Por favor, aguarde firme e um membro da equipe de Suporte receberá o seu problema assim que possível. Não bata o seu bilhete nesse meio tempo. O tempo de resposta atual é entre 24 a 30 horas.
  • 10% EXP Loss on Death - estamos trabalhando com a equipe de desenvolvimento na Coréia.
  • Adena / Drop / Spoil Rate - Esta é uma questão de alta prioridade para nós. Estamos trabalhando com a equipe de desenvolvimento para ver quais ajustes precisam ser feitos. Seu feedback construtivo tem sido extremamente valioso para fazer mudanças progressivas.

Eu assinarei a noite e voltarei amanhã.

Me and my friends are not being able to log in. The game unplugged before even reaching the pin. When will this be resolved?

24 minutes ago, LaLechera said:

Las comparaciones las hice exactas, el mismo monstruo, el mismo nivel, los mismos buffs.

quizas retocaron algun bicho, me confirmas si los goblins rojos que estan fuera de dion dan 80 de XP?, si dan mas es que corrigieron exp de algunos bichos.

20 minutes ago, DarkLord said:

i wonder what kind of base code they have that makes it difficult to change the value of a probably static variable or a field in the SQL database.

but i think when they want to make a change they have to get the approval of the developper in NC Korea which makes changing anything horribly hard.

Good questions, probably its 콘소 라 페가수스 

I'm sorry, but that's a lack of respect for the players. We are in 18 players, but only 5 or 6 can connect. If it continues this week we will go back to the server where we left and already have clans known ours that I am also thinking of abandoning the classic. IMPOSSIBLE TO CONECTE IN TALKING ISLAND.

Just to drop my 2 cents into the XP and adena/drop rate discussion.

The XP rates seem alright for now, but I think the crazy exponential curve (like they have on Skelth) is a mistake.  Keeping it more in line with the original XP curve is going to be better for the longevity of the game, because people can feel like they're progressing, but also feel like they can roll alts if wanted without getting way behind.  I'd hazard most of the people playing this game today are 30+, so they have jobs and other responsibilities that they didn't 14 years ago.  That's your main audience, at least in NA, so it's probably best to keep it "hardcore," but not so bad that only unemployed no-lifers or people that burn themselves out can keep up.  While people's health and well-being isn't NCSoft's responsibility (the shareholders are, wooo!), maybe we don't encourage that kind of behavior with overly extreme time requirements to accomplish literally anything.

I think it's pretty obvious that material drop and spoil rates are way off, even with VIP.  I can't comment on full drop rates because my luck is terrible, so even it they're fine I probably won't get them.

Adena is a different story, and it seems that no one can agree on whether or not this is like it was back when, or worse.  I think part of the problem is the 1-20 boost quests that don't really award an equivalent amount of adena, so people are hitting 20 with much less than they had in 2004.  That being said I think it would even out over time with farming, but the gimped material drops are skewing that a bit.

The best metric we have is probably old screenshots (because memories alone are unreliable at best), which I haven't seen a ton of.  They're hard to find online, and I think most of us wiped them out 5 or 10 hard drives ago.

I did find the following information from web archives regarding XP rates and adena from the Prelude->C2 era.  Granted it's a small sample size, but it's at least something to go on. 

The first is an XP table showing XP for various mobs during C1 (someone ran a grind analysis, so this info should be first hand from NA C1).  Easy enough to find the same mobs and compare against the XP table.

T4nD7Te.png

The second is an old screen of Berserk in Sea of Spores (pretty sure it's legit).  You can see they're roughly level 45-55 (above the avg mob level in SoS) in a 9 man party.  There's a 58 adena drop in the picture, which accounting for it being split 9 ways is roughly 522 adena.  If we look up the current EU classic mobs in SoS (https://l2wiki.com/classic/Sea_of_Spores) their adena pay outs are all roughly in that range.  In the text it looks like they were farming "eyes", so that's a 222-518 adena payout in EU according to the wiki (https://l2wiki.com/classic/Giant_Monster_Eye).  This is of course assuming the mobs haven't changed since then, but I don't think they have.  So someone form a party, go kill some mobs in SoS, and compare.

2WHzoAl.jpg

Here's an old finalElf video too, it has a few DVC adena drops, but it's mostly just for fun: 

I also found some old quest info on l2orphus that shows the original payout for the Sweetest Venom quest was 3200a.  My guess is that for most of the quests they updated the reward payouts, but for a couple of them (Sweetest Venom and Collector's Dream, etc.) they updated the text but missed the actual reward value.  Assuming the old info is accurate, this is a pretty clear indicator that they're artificially nerfing the economy, probably to bolster their store (NCCoin for SS + buffs/soe + VIP, VIP silver coins for mats).

I'm not saying everything HAS to be like it was back in 2004/2005, but l think the best solution is to set things up in a way that encourages progression and reduces stress/anxiety.  Especially for a bunch of 30+ year old people that have to go to work in the morning.  In other words, make it so we can level without having to grind the same "bugged" quests over and over again, or get a crazy lucky full drop in order to progress.  Don't make the grind come to a standstill at level 60.  We should be able to level, manage our mat drops/money/etc. so we can get decent gear, and set reasonable goals.  The decision shouldn't be: "I guess I have to grind spiders so I can level, because I can't kill green level 50 mobs with my NG sword."  It should instead be: "I need to upgrade my weapon, but that means sacrificing the last piece of my armor set or jewels for another few levels at least."

The goal for NCSoft should be to make it so players can enjoy the game without having to go to extreme lengths to bypass artificial limits.  Don't FORCE players to give you money just to progress, because eventually they'll get jaded and quit.  Instead make the game enjoyable so that they'll WANT to give you money.  That way they'll stick around, and keep paying you for a long time to come.  The whole microtransaction model is based around people feeling $50 is too much for a one time payment, but not noticing the $1-10 they spend weekly or even daily.  If you want to make money then encourage THAT behavior with skins, hats, XP boost, etc.  Don't nerf the core game and force people to pay for any semblance of parity.

It should be said I don't blame Juji, Hime, or the other NCSoft West people.  I DO however count on you to push back against the Korean overlords when it comes to this stuff.  Tell them not to treat their playerbase like idiots, or just think of them as numbered wallets.  That crap may fly in Korea, but in western society we tend to flee from and criticize a bad experience, and throw irrational amounts of money and time at good ones.  If the core experience sucks or requires tons of money to do anything then this will turn into nothing but a quick cash grab.  If the core experience is good you'll reap tendies for years.

/RANT

1 hour ago, marcysiek said:

but who would buy vip then to skip queue,, nobody = no profits for koreans brothers

VIP should be an advantage, not almost exclusive access.

Wanna leave a 700+ queue for me to wait before i can play? No problem. Want me to spend an hour and a half, which is a third of my daily play time, getting through queue 6 times in a row before i can get in and not even being sure the 7th time will work? Thats a big problem.

Stopped trying 3 days ago, expecting it would get solved today. Wont wait much longer.

59 minutes ago, DarkLord said:

Not even that... Rates are easily set in a config file at the server level. The reason they are taking too long is to identify another way to grab money since this model ain't gonna work if everybody just quits playing.

adena drop rate should be so that u can afford a D grade weapon of 1.4m when u reach lvl 20 so far u have 12k when u reach lvl 20 lol. Old mechanics in this game was that higher lvl players will drop D grade weapon on lvl 45-50mobs then give out to clan member or resell cheaper than market. Korean games are meant to be like a 2nd life and not just a simple game but here in NA we have a different game style than korean and japanese and need an adjustement to fit our way of doing things.  We cant do a classic launch of a game like it was 15 years ago without making adjustement so that server is playable if 5000 live players, no alts, no box and bots excluded  farm this game like crazy for 3 years.  Or do like other games do and have quest that you can gear yourself with decent gear of ur grade so u can progress.  Moon armor quest was nice addition but where are the weapons ? at least with good D grade you can do raids with people and loot stuff.  currently we try to raid with mid NG weapons even with 7 parties of 9 people we cant get its hp below 5% cuz of regen vs damage etc... and new game mechanics start berserk mode after 15min and after the 5 min berserk i read boss HP resets...  So unless u zerg a raid with 100 people even there is not possible and then share 1-2 drops with 100 people ?

Guys the core problem is that EXCLUSIVENESS for VIP. But its really stupid, because none of us bought VIP because of this "non-queue". We did it because of exp/drop rates, bonuses or just getting accessories. So we all suffer because of this stupid "feature". You wont even find it in any description of "VIP". And by the way, if all VIPS wouldnt have that insta-login but could login normally without dropping, it would be acceptable for everyone!

This super update does not work for me, just as I could not connect so I still can not because I'm constantly crammed with the game before typing the pin. The game has been closed, do you want to continue. Sure bleeping that NO

2 minutes ago, Ark4m said:

This super update does not work for me, just as I could not connect so I still can not because I'm constantly crammed with the game before typing the pin. The game has been closed, do you want to continue. Sure bleeping that NO

Yeah, they'ved admitted it in a different thread that the login issue persists.

Hope they get around to it soon and fix it together with the ridiculous server rates that are infuriating everyone - which could be easily avoided.

Archived