Forums

Drop rates are increasing.

Euthanaisa

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Spoiling seemed alot better last night.  And I wasn't even playing on my Scavenger.  Hit more spoils in 1 hour last night than I have from 1-20 on my Scavenger.

And it's not that we asking for rates to be corrected are being crybabies.  Just corrected enough for the games economy to start churning properly.  L2 sole principles were built around the L2 economy working.  Everything in game above mid D level is made by dwarves.   In turn, dwarves are the hardest to level up.  If you kill the adena making aspect, no one will level them up to high levels.  Which in turn will make no A grade or higher equipment available aside from a few that level for large clans just to provide equipment for themselves.  Also without the constant destruction of weapons and other gear, the prices of all items will continue to fall to where everyone will just sell direct to the NPC's.

My Warcryer hasn't sold a single DSS shot yet.  Most people can't afford to use them, or if they do are buying all from NC Store.  Upping the adena drop levels should start fixing this problem.  This isn't like L2 of old.  My Warsmith used to need SE batteries, just to keep up with demand.     

4 hours ago, iEcho said:

All carebears are gonna be happy now. This week was a nice hardcore experience after so many years - really anyone complaining and finding the current state difficult hasn't probably faced the very first ages of lineage 2. And even now it's still not that hard, you get free teleports?!?!? free d-grade armor?!?!? free NG weapon?!?!? and you seriously still complain about adena drop. Let's make the adena drop the way it used to be back on the days then, but also return the gatekeeper costs and absolutely 0 free equipment.
By the way anyone taking the soulshots' use for granted while pveing has definitely missed the good days of this game, when ss were considered a luxury and used for pvp and rarely for pve.
I can accept the spoil issue, definitely haven't faced that hard spoiling even 10 years ago. But apart from that everything else should work fine. Only problem with adena is the gap between the p2w players and the f2p players, with the firsts having the advantage of fast farming (with ss) - so ye that's the only reason adena drops should be slightly improved (or remove ss from store :3 ) to have a fair gameplay for all, but again stop calling it "hard".
Leveling is also great, slow, the way it used to be, taking days/weeks to reach your second class transfer, having fun and spending time xping in areas and not changing every 2 days 'cause you've leveled up.
This classic could be better than skelth, we are back here for the nostalgia, not for a "modern-classic", we had this on skelth, now let's bring the real vintage back - otherwise we could just remain on skelth or try whatever other better game.

I would rather not get free weapons and free soulshots from quests, I'd rather teleports cost money.

SS was only a luxury back in the day when you were a noob. It should not be at level 30 that using Soulshots grinding mobs cost more money than you make back. That is just asinine. When I was playing C1 at level 30-40 I was wedging a guitar pick in my soulshot F1 key and still managed to buy top D grade duals at level 40. The only ppl I know who are level 40 with a D grade wpn on TI are ones who spent $50 on soulshot packs. PPL who buy SS with adena are broke.

I think everyone is confusing their level 10 newbie experience back in the day when you couldnt' afford SS and thinking the entire game was like that or something. It wasn't once you hit level 18-20 you started making enough adena to use shots, alacrity pots and still save for gear (albeit very slowly). Elven ruins was even a good adena farming spot that Chinese farmers used to roam 24/7. The progression was kind of like top NG or low D wep at level 25-30, then top D wep at 30, and C grade wep at level 50 or so.

No one is asking for free shit or the game to be easy, just asking that if I go grind for an hour, that I made more adena than I lose in soulshots. And only the level 25 and below noobs who have been doing quests for free shit think everything is OK.

3 minutes ago, Oreoloveboss said:

I would rather not get free weapons and free soulshots from quests, I'd rather teleports cost money.

SS was only a luxury back in the day when you were a noob. It should not be at level 30 that using Soulshots grinding mobs cost more money than you make back. That is just asinine. When I was playing C1 at level 30-40 I was wedging a guitar pick in my soulshot F1 key and still managed to buy top D grade duals at level 40. The only ppl I know who are level 40 with a D grade wpn on TI are ones who spent $50 on soulshot packs. PPL who buy SS with adena are broke.

I think everyone is confusing their level 10 newbie experience back in the day when you couldnt' afford SS and thinking the entire game was like that or something. It wasn't once you hit level 15-20 you started making enough adena to use shots, alacrity pots and still save for gear (albeit very slowly). The progression was kind of like top NG or low D wep at level 25-30, then top D wep at 30, and C grade wep at level 50 or so.

No one is asking for free shit or the game to be easy, just asking that if I go grind for an hour, that I made more adena than I lose in soulshots. And only the level 25 and below noobs who have been doing quests for free shit think everything is OK.

I also think most people are misremembering their old days.  When I stopped to think about some things in the past more carefully I reevaluated my position on them too.

1 minute ago, FatHips said:

I also think most people are misremembering their old days.  When I stopped to think about some things in the past more carefully I reevaluated my position on them too.

Maybe it's because the newbie talking island moments were your first memories. Like everyone I remember I couldn't afford soulshots at like level 15, and I was using that low level broadsword you got from the quest and some crappy wooden armour but couldn't afford the whole set...but I mean once you get past that, through your class change things started to change. I played a SE and in my 20s I was able to buy dual sabres and banana set, 35+ I got top D duals, Karmian in mid 40s and then had Katanas by 50.

All the while I was able to spam SSD non stop while grinding.

2 hours ago, Mooks said:

I'm not sure if people just don't know how to spoil or what the problem is but when I spoil Green Mobs i'm landing at a 90% rate so either people are doing it wrong or they aren't doing it at all.

Rate like , Spoil Success or Sweep ?

1 hour ago, Vivisector said:

Yeah Spoiling seemed alot better last night.  And I wasn't even playing on my Scavenger.  Hit more spoils in 1 hour last night than I have from 1-20 on my Scavenger.

Hm! Can someone confirm this ?

So After the initial hype and the failed economy start, I don't feel that enthusiastic to continue playing and I am still not level 20. I went to the area with a dwarf, that monsters started to give me 100 exp, and previous lower level monsters gave me like 500-700 EXP? Wait, what? So apparently something in the code is broken and needs to be fixed.

If you don't light up the economy with some Adena, many people, like me, casual gamers, will quit this server and we really want to continue playing it. It's fun with a lot of people around, but won't be funny playing this classic servers. Rather going to the Live one and play with high level characters.

So until at least the experience and adena is fixed, there is no reason to continue playing the "classic". So I am glad I didn't spent a single coin to gain VIP status.

Cheers.

7 hours ago, dorukasama said:

They used to cry in private forums, that's why.

Negative. We're used to evasive answers in Retail Live. Where they reduce rates and add lootboxes on a weekly basis. Don't give them anymore excuses. They will ruin this game given a chance.

Archived