Critical_Process_Died

Boosted

Hey all, since yesterday after update all time i get this "It is produced an error on ur PC and needs restart.We go recopilate information about the error and then it will restart automaticly" Critical_Process_Died"(Blue Screen)

I reinstalled several times lineage 2, restore the system,etc...

And also i did what gm told me about gameadvisor.

Searching help emergency!!!

(Sry for my english)

Finally able to do another chkdsk /f /r via command prompt with usb flash drive with windows 10 on it. Initially had a tough time figuring out which drive windows was on but noticed drive F: was corrupted and unreadable so did chkdsk for that drive and first thing it says was dedicated windows. Scan initially found a lot of errors and it's still running checking for bad clusters. Whew!

14 hours ago, Boosted said:

Yesterday i was playing good but today agian blue screen.... WTF????

It's not L2. You need to do a chkdsk and repair your files. Best way to do this is put Windows 10 on a usb flash drive. Boot from there. Find the drive where windows is stored and run chkdsk /f /r.

You can find the media creation tool here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10.

L2 is most probably not the cause. I mean primary root cause for this issue. Most probably. L2 is calling system functions which while processing in kernel mode hits a memory which was not correctly released by another process. usually it is caused by crapy/buggy drivers like audio drivers video cards or network cards but also can be caused by any 3rd party drivers for external USB drives, headsets etc. using the tools and workflow below you can isolate the process which caused the issue and if possible you can share the output after you ran !analyze command on the memory dump. Meanwhile I do recommend to update all drivers on system, apply all patches from Microsoft. Run L2 disabling antivirus not running any program for chat like TS or Ventrilo, Kill everything in Tray, not use any game overlay system.

Read here and proceed with "!analyze" command 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0xef--critical-process-died

The toolset you need is here:

Setup your windows to create Memory dump (not necessarily complete dump but it is the best) (note that memory dump needs disk space equals your RAM size and Page File size + some MB more) 

https://support.kaspersky.com/general/dumps/12402#block2

Download Microsoft tool to view Memory dumps

https://www.microsoft.com/sk-SK/store/p/windbg/9pgjgd53tn86?rtc=1

Set this tool to point to Microsoft Symbol server (not mandatory but it helps)

https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windows/desktop/ee416588(v=vs.85).aspx

I'm still having problems too. Have a support ticket in and we haven't fixed it yet. They had me create a new user and I was able to log in once. Went back to my original user and cleaned up my registry. Was able to log in. Tried logging a 2nd client and got bsod unexpected_store_exception. Now they want me to try to run the game in compatibility mode. Following  these steps :

1. Right click on the launcher
  2. Click on Properties.
  3. Click on the Compatibility tab.
  4. Check the Run this program in compatibility mode box.
  5. Check the Disable full screen optimizations
  6. Click on the drop down menu arrow and try to select a previous versions of Windows then click Ok.
  7. Right click on the launcher and click run as administrator.

Will try that later.

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 12:08 PM, Boosted said:

I did 2 times and still blue screen but now appear :

UNEXCEPTED_STORE_EXPEDITION.

Can you please share the output of the !analyze output to see which process was in execution while going into this crush?

Something like that.

mixa, I did what you suggested and was able to log in. Logged out and tried logging in again and got critical_process_died. Tried what NCsoft suggested as far as running in compatibily mode and got the same bsod. I am so tired of this. Didn't have problems before this last update. Weird thing is I can log into Playinera which is a private gracia server. Go figure.

19 hours ago, Sharlanna said:

mixa, I did what you suggested and was able to log in. Logged out and tried logging in again and got critical_process_died. Tried what NCsoft suggested as far as running in compatibily mode and got the same bsod. I am so tired of this. Didn't have problems before this last update. Weird thing is I can log into Playinera which is a private gracia server. Go figure.

Try to turn off DEP (data execution prevention), reboot and see if any diff.

Archived