New to Lineage 2

LoanWolf

Hey guys.  A few of my friends convinced me to play this game with the classic servers and to be honest we are having a blast with the old school feel.  I need to preface this that I never played Lineage 2 (maybe a few hours here and there back when I was a kid) so a lot of this game is 100% new to me.  There has been an incredible amount of complaining about adena and spoil rates, and I am sure they will be adjusted in due time if that is what this community wants.  I recently hit level 28, almost 29, and grinding so far has been pretty easy.  As for Adena we all know about the repeatable quests, last night alone I made 65k.  A few more days like that and Ill have my first weapon upgrade.  The purpose of this post I guess is just to kind of say that there are people out here enjoying the game and adapting to this version, whether it has bad drop rates or not.  Hopefully the drop rates are fixed for the rest of you so that you can enjoy the game again, but to me it seems that if everyone is effected by the same thing we are all in the same boat and we just need to adjust our playstyle.  

@LoanWolf Save up the 220-240K for a top NG weapon and you will feel OP....at least I do. I was using the first quest weapon and when I finally upgraded it felt wonderful mowing through mobs. I'm only 25 and I ran that spider quest 45 times to get the Adena needed but it was well worth it.

Now while it was super boring after the first 30 times I will probably go back and do it another 50 times this week. Because it's the only way to make decent Adena....milk it while you can right? So to get into D grade gear I have to make another 250K and then hope that even if they don't change rates I have a community left so I can sell my top NG weapon to move into a D grade weapon.

I'm having a lot of fun as well but I'm also hoping they make everyone happy enough to keep playing and possibly open up another opportunity or two to make some Adena. I believe the VIP benefits for the most part hurt players more then help. Low drop rate and accelerated XP means we are all getting to higher levels with very little money to upgrade.

9 minutes ago, LoanWolf said:

Hey guys.  A few of my friends convinced me to play this game with the classic servers and to be honest we are having a blast with the old school feel.  I need to preface this that I never played Lineage 2 (maybe a few hours here and there back when I was a kid) so a lot of this game is 100% new to me.  There has been an incredible amount of complaining about adena and spoil rates, and I am sure they will be adjusted in due time if that is what this community wants.  I recently hit level 28, almost 29, and grinding so far has been pretty easy.  As for Adena we all know about the repeatable quests, last night alone I made 65k.  A few more days like that and Ill have my first weapon upgrade.  The purpose of this post I guess is just to kind of say that there are people out here enjoying the game and adapting to this version, whether it has bad drop rates or not.  Hopefully the drop rates are fixed for the rest of you so that you can enjoy the game again, but to me it seems that if everyone is effected by the same thing we are all in the same boat and we just need to adjust our playstyle.  

Fake

Just now, sxsilver said:

@LoanWolf Save up the 220-240K for a top NG weapon and you will feel OP....at least I do. I was using the first quest weapon and when I finally upgraded it felt wonderful mowing through mobs. I'm only 25 and I ran that spider quest 45 times to get the Adena needed but it was well worth it.

Now while it was super boring after the first 30 times I will probably go back and do it another 50 times this week. Because it's the only way to make decent Adena....milk it while you can right? So to get into D grade gear I have to make another 250K and then hope that even if they don't change rates I have a community left so I can sell my top NG weapon to move into a D grade weapon.

I'm having a lot of fun as well but I'm also hoping they make everyone happy enough to keep playing and possibly open up another opportunity or two to make some Adena. I believe the VIP benefits for the most part hurt players more then help. Low drop rate and accelerated XP means we are all getting to higher levels with very little money to upgrade.

Yeah Im playing a knight and usually run with the friends so will probably pool money so one of them can get their 2hander first.  I actually switched off the spider quest for a bit to level a dwarf so Im now doing a 1k adena spore quest while leveling the dwarf which has been a good change of pace.  Ill probably do another day or 2 of money grinding then continue on with leveling.  Forgotten Temple grinds and ant have been pretty fun.

11 minutes ago, LoanWolf said:

First , being a newbi , doesn't give you permission to speak about rates and such.

Secondly , if your friends would be kind enough, they would of tell you that Lineage 2 IS about open world mob grinds and was never a game to make quests, let alone to repeat them over and over again to get some adena. Adena in Lineage 2 is made within the community. The community of L2 is making the economy in the game, and not 1 quest.

Enjoy the game, but .. be quiet until you know more about it.

3 minutes ago, KABAL said:

First , being a newbi , doesn't give you permission to speak about rates and such.

Secondly , if your friends would be kind enough, they would of tell you that Lineage 2 IS about open world mob grinds and was never a game to make quests, let alone to repeat them over and over again to get some adena. Adena in Lineage 2 is made within the community. The community of L2 is making the economy in the game, and not 1 quest.

Enjoy the game, but .. be quiet until you know more about it.

I think anyone who is currently playing this game has permission to talk about this game.  I already said that I hope the rates are changed so players like yourself can go back to enjoying the game.  In the mean time, its not like the game is broken.  There are ways to get exp easy, there are quests that give adena easy.  The ways to progress are there and smart players will not be slowed down because drop rates are lower.  

2 minutes ago, LoanWolf said:

I think anyone who is currently playing this game has permission to talk about this game.  I already said that I hope the rates are changed so players like yourself can go back to enjoying the game.  In the mean time, its not like the game is broken.  There are ways to get exp easy, there are quests that give adena easy.  The ways to progress are there and smart players will not be slowed down because drop rates are lower.  

So happy for you for being .. smart!

Wow the "your opinion doesn't matter as much as mine" talk is mind blowing. Regardless of if you agree or disagree and/or have played L2 since 2004 or 2018 you can and SHOULD very much let your opinion be known. It's actually how things are changed....crazy I know

I did the same thing loaning 100K to my buddy for him to get his top NG first and then he paid me back so I could get mine. Worked out wonderfully for us.

LOL Kabal...just shut up. u think u know something about L2? say someone to not speack about this? i dont come to forums too much but i know and have played Lineage 2 since C2 soo i say too you Shut up and let anyone say what they want, its cool someone new apper in this game and have a nice and positive experience. all i see around here is some **** frustated about drops e rates and shits that dont matter....

Hi LoanWolf, glad to see you are enjoying the game.  For a new player, especially not one tied closely to the end game  L2 economy, it is easy to think the game isn't broken.  I think Kabal is frustrated because he understands the back ground economy and can see it coming off its wheels.  

Here's part of what you don't see.  After mid D grade gear.  Everything in L2 has to be crafted by players playing the Dwarf class.  You will never get C-B-A-S-R grade gear unless a dwarf crafts it for you.  Dwarves are nerfed in terms of playability, because they were created to run the economy.   First a dwarf usually makes a majority of their Adena by crystallizing gear and turning them into Shots.  And in turn crystallizing all the items in game helps keep its value.  With the current Adena drop rates, no one can afford to purchase their shots from a dwarf.  They either play without shots or buy them from the NC Shop. 

This does 2 things, it increases the amounts of gear in the game, which drops it's value.  Imagine saving 5 million Adena to buy a weapon, then as you are saving 15 million for the next upgraded weapon, you look to sell your current weapon and see you can sell it for only 50,000 Adena instead of around the 5 million that you bought it for.  Because there are 100,000 of those weapons sitting in peoples inventories.  With Dwarves crushing them, there might only be 600 of those weapons on the server, and they keep their value high.  Second, if you take away a Dwarves main source of income, there aren't going to be alot of them leveling up, as they are a pain to level.  And they can only craft gear at or below their current level.  So a level 45 Dwarf can't craft A grade items.   You will only see ones level up to help gear up clan members to give them an advantage in a war.  Leaving many players with no chance to ever buy higher leveled gear.  That's why we are trying to get the drop rates increased.  Not because we are having issues making enough money to purchase low D grade gear.    

You'll see how broken the game is in a few weeks if they don't change things.

I am really glad you are enjoying yourself so far, it's easy to do before level 40 the way the game is built right now.  After that, it's broken as hell

I don't blame you as you don't understand the game beyond what you've seen so far.  

So, enjoy your time :)

50 minutes ago, Vivisector said:

Hi LoanWolf, glad to see you are enjoying the game.  For a new player, especially not one tied closely to the end game  L2 economy, it is easy to think the game isn't broken.  I think Kabal is frustrated because he understands the back ground economy and can see it coming off its wheels.  

Here's part of what you don't see.  After mid D grade gear.  Everything in L2 has to be crafted by players playing the Dwarf class.  You will never get C-B-A-S-R grade gear unless a dwarf crafts it for you.  Dwarves are nerfed in terms of playability, because they were created to run the economy.   First a dwarf usually makes a majority of their Adena by crystallizing gear and turning them into Shots.  And in turn crystallizing all the items in game helps keep its value.  With the current Adena drop rates, no one can afford to purchase their shots from a dwarf.  They either play without shots or buy them from the NC Shop. 

This does 2 things, it increases the amounts of gear in the game, which drops it's value.  Imagine saving 5 million Adena to buy a weapon, then as you are saving 15 million for the next upgraded weapon, you look to sell your current weapon and see you can sell it for only 50,000 Adena instead of around the 5 million that you bought it for.  Because there are 100,000 of those weapons sitting in peoples inventories.  With Dwarves crushing them, there might only be 600 of those weapons on the server, and they keep their value high.  Second, if you take away a Dwarves main source of income, there aren't going to be alot of them leveling up, as they are a pain to level.  And they can only craft gear at or below their current level.  So a level 45 Dwarf can't craft A grade items.   You will only see ones level up to help gear up clan members to give them an advantage in a war.  Leaving many players with no chance to ever buy higher leveled gear.  That's why we are trying to get the drop rates increased.  Not because we are having issues making enough money to purchase low D grade gear.    

nice explanation. Now ,i  understand a bit better.

Archived