Dual boxing - Hotkeynet tool

Elcholo1

21 minutes ago, Elcholo1 said:

@Hime@Juji

Is hotkeynet an allowable program? it just keeps both windows active for dual boxing, it does not automate nor loop, it does not allow afk play.

That's a 3rd party soft that may or may not be abused, but it will definitely flag you for using crap.Don't be surprised if you get banned.Best bet is to go w/o this HKNT

I would avoid using any third party applications or you might get banned. I would also avoid using any Virtual Machines. If you do use a VM you must make sure your Virtual GPU is renamed to represent the real hardware or it will show up as a virtual GPU in their reporting, you could be banned for that as well. 

You are allowed, have been allowed, and likely always will be allowed to use hardware based software such as razer synapse and such, it's been a discussion beaten to death and back, 

I would think the same concept applies, do not be completely afk and automating gameplay or you risk being banned.

I've used a nostromo on certain boxes for 10 years and it's perfectly fine, but I actively manage them as needed and it's never fully afk.  I'm not willing to risk it.

As for that software, I don't see why the same rules would not apply.  But I don't know.

34 minutes ago, KafukaFura said:

please kill the dual box.

its a cancer to see a char with 2 or 3 following him like hostage in cs

Honestly, even coming from a support main for 14 years, dual boxes are as integrated into the game as dwarves and sieges.  There's a reason they intentionally allowed 3 clients, it's literally part of the game design.  It's actually when you start replacing dual boxes with potions and such that it really kills supports.

I get you don't agree, but it's impossible to deny it's not intentional.

3 hours ago, bulga said:

How many "boxes" can one have? Wasn't the rule 3?

Got a 4 boxer here...

Vivian, Eliney, Melisandra, GLXY

https://imgur.com/RZK6tuY

https://imgur.com/8I9ZeWQ

https://imgur.com/SO6oqW9

There is nothing illegal with owning multiple PCs and running more than 3 clients

In addition, if you are complaining about boxes you have probably never played classic before and are in for a rude awakening late-game

4 minutes ago, Elcholo1 said:

Why doesn't NcSoft answer?  I just want to protect my game from their blanket bans. I'm not a bad person, I'm simply requesting clarification.

Probably because there's about 1million other people asking questions on the forums? Just take a look around... Maybe you should open a support ticket? Getting a response from juji or hime on the forums isn't very likely but a GM will eventually respond to your ticket.

Limit has always been 3 clients per computer. If you want/need more than 3 clients then just add another computer.

As to controlling boxes, the ONLY solution that has ever been approved by NC Soft are devices like the Nostromo 555 and the Logitech G9 Gamepad. The caveat that NC Soft gave us back in 2004 was that we can't use these devices to outright automate gameplay.

Honestly, the problem are not the boxes, nor even the bots (they are a problem for an entirely different reason). The problem is the limitations on the number of players the servers can support. The size of the servers need to be increased at least 4-5 TIMES over what they are now.

Should not be a problem as long as YOU manage all your boxes.

(c) Use, or provide others with, any software related to the Game, including any automation software (a.k.a. "bot") or software designed to change or modify operation of the Game;

(d) Use, or provide others with, any "hack," "cheat," "exploit" or "mod";

So, if you are not changing anything in game-files , or any automation ( pressing a key which 2 boxes will react on it is not automation ), you should be fine.

Automation = Run the Script and he'll do the things for you ( except Macro's of course ) .

Anyway, you will not get a proper answer from NcSoft much like Blizzard.

On WoW, or Diablo 3, using Multiboxing Softwares ( or hotkey ) is quietly allowed, meaning Blizzard never said "Yes we allow it", or "No, we don't". Reason is, if those programs change something in the future which will break the TOS , then Blizzad will act and people can't tell them "...but you said you allow it!!!!".

I believe, same can apply here. I mean, as long as you manage all 3 boxes and you control them, theoretically, you should be fine.

If you run a script and you go Away from keyboard = Afk , but your boxes still "plays", then .. you'll be in troubles :)

23 minutes ago, Kabala said:

Should not be a problem as long as YOU manage all your boxes.

(c) Use, or provide others with, any software related to the Game, including any automation software (a.k.a. "bot") or software designed to change or modify operation of the Game;

(d) Use, or provide others with, any "hack," "cheat," "exploit" or "mod";

So, if you are not changing anything in game-files , or any automation ( pressing a key which 2 boxes will react on it is not automation ), you should be fine.

Automation = Run the Script and he'll do the things for you ( except Macro's of course ) .

Anyway, you will not get a proper answer from NcSoft much like Blizzard.

On WoW, or Diablo 3, using Multiboxing Softwares ( or hotkey ) is quietly allowed, meaning Blizzard never said "Yes we allow it", or "No, we don't". Reason is, if those programs change something in the future which will break the TOS , then Blizzad will act and people can't tell them "...but you said you allow it!!!!".

I believe, same can apply here. I mean, as long as you manage all 3 boxes and you control them, theoretically, you should be fine.

If you run a script and you go Away from keyboard = Afk , but your boxes still "plays", then .. you'll be in troubles :)

Thank you sir.  That was a great breakdown. 

I do not wish to automate any oart of the game.  My inquiry is soley tonmake sure I am operating in the confines of what is allowable.  We invest and money into this game and Indont want it taken away by a mistake or misunderstanding.  @Hime

3 minutes ago, Elcholo1 said:

Thank you sir.  That was a great breakdown. 

I do not wish to automate any oart of the game.  My inquiry is soley tonmake sure I am operating in the confines of what is allowable.  We invest and money into this game and Indont want it taken away by a mistake or misunderstanding.  @Hime

If you are not using a bot , and all you use is a software which broadcasts your keyboard on all 3 boxes, and .. somehow they ban you for "botting", you should email them and tell them the exact problem. In the end, you are not botting = afk playing , and so they should have the ability to understand this and unban you with probably telling you : Don't do that again :)

All I am saying here is theoretically. Don't take my word as a 100% pure truth.

Archived