Unresolved: 'Client Will Close' Issue

Hime

FatHips, I disagree.  RMT is just P2W by other means.  By using RMT I can let the size of my wallet determine my success in the game.  That's what I'd seek to eliminate.  Botting is not legitimate, if it is not within the rules of the game (and it is not).  By the way, neither is buying accounts, but I have no idea how you could be stopped from buying your friend's account.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't figure it out, if they can't fix the Loggin.
Why do not give VIP to all people this is becoming unbearable they will destroy a community that returns to a game with all the desire to play for not being able to fix an error and not look for other solutions like increase the number of people that can be on the server or  Give VIP for a mistake of Them.

3 hours ago, ManaStigmaVr said:

After the "fix"i keep getting this error.  The problem is that the VIPs they pay only to not wait the QUEUE. BUt they dont get also this error.  So i think its not really error. 

2018 year, 20 years after lineage created. Still cant fix login..... 

Exactly this. 
@Juji expect players say: "well, if I pay, I can log in. Now I'm invested, I have to play. Well, I can't afford shots and consumables whatsoever, but I've already paid, I have to play, I'll pay some more to get shots..." And so on. 

All this while screwing on the rest of the playerbase. F**k this sh*t.

DON'T FORGET! Without f2p players your game will be dead in a month. 

4 minutes ago, FatHips said:

RMT itself affects individual player strength, but it actually does not affect the game's balance if the adena is farmed legitimately, which is paramount to all other issues.   It's a zero-sum game if you understand that term.  There's actually zero difference in me quitting and giving my friend all my gear or him paying me for it, this happens every day.  That's why it does not matter.

Even botting is "players" obtaining things "legitimately" within the game, therefore it is within the game's natural balance progression (it just speeds up the servers economy immensely).

Pay to Win is what breaks the game and is the only real important issue to avoid, botting a distant 2nd.  RMT itself is actually unimportant and the outrage from it is mostly just the product of the other two.

That's right. If adena is farmed legitimately, everything would be ok.

But the company doesn't even try to avoid P2W mechanics in their own creation process, just 1 example on live servers: Dark Stones.

Only the clan who dominates Gainak have "free" dark stones. Usually, this same clan dominates the bosses who drops it.

The only option for all the rest of people (More than 90% of people) is to buy more from that players, making them more rich (And usually, they are the P2W people).

I really don't get it...

I think I'll never will.

I just bought the Chronicle Pack, hoping I could play now that I am a VIP.  Except now I need to be able to login to apply it to a character on the server I want to play on.  This is ridiculous. 

I played the original L2 thru Interlude and maybe its rose tinted glasses but I don't ever remember anything like this.

30 minutes ago, Lawman said:

FatHips, I disagree.  RMT is just P2W by other means.  By using RMT I can let the size of my wallet determine my success in the game.  That's what I'd seek to eliminate.  Botting is not legitimate, if it is not within the rules of the game (and it is not).  By the way, neither is buying accounts, but I have no idea how you could be stopped from buying your friend's account.

you can call it what you want, but RMT by itself has no effect on the balance of the game which is what NC needs to be most concerned with in the long-term

it has political consequences for them (which turn into financial ones) from players like you though (in the majority, probably) who just don't like it.

but as far as game design it's not a concern.  I'm just being technical.

15 minutes ago, HanasLTU said:

Y7dpKIQ.jpg

im bored really

i think its last my post .Im dropping forum ,and goign to botting in fridge ,my orc shaman already made dinner, just need get windwalk to go in kitchen.BYe,maybe afther month i will check forum

15 minutes ago, Acantha said:

So my question is where did they announce that VIP get priority queues? Looking at https://www.lineage2.com/news/classic-vip-rewards-program I do not see it listed anywhere. That means you guys got VIP without knowing this would happen. Unless I am mistaken and you can show me a page where it list this. 

I suspect it was a call that their development team made in a crunch.  I mean, why would they say "hey if our planning was shit, and servers cannot keep up with capacity, VIP will have priority access" -- makes no sense :D

I gave up trying in nonsense buggy queue and buggy spoil rate (didnt play spoiler for several days already).

Thought the game will be so cool after a decade and that its worth to invest time into official server, but ew greedy pay2win, nothing else.

I understand you need $ to maintain the server, how much is it? 200$/month for serverhousing and $5k/month for 2 amateur staff indian-like noobs? 20yo kids on L2J run better server a decade ago, or even c4 stolen patched/bugged to c6 as L2dawn maintained mostly by 1 guy delivers more while using assembly to fix bugs, than this 'official corporate laziness'. For what the f*** do u use millions of $ ? So greedily farming money on an old game, which made return in income 1000x already. If you farm so much money, then at least respect ur community and the fuk deliver good work, lazy 9-17 amateurs.

20 years later and we got the same stupid mistake happening....
Account inactivity time is 10 mins (just let ur chars be still for 10 mins and ull get the client will close message also)
500+ queues take more than 10 mins to get in, so the game sets you as inactive before you can even login, thats why you dont get to even input your pins or create ur new chars....
Kuddos to the idiots in the Dev team, that 20 years later cant remember how they fixed this in the past....

4 minutes ago, Rykon said:

Account inactivity time is 10 mins (just let ur chars be still for 10 mins and ull get the client will close message also)
500+ queues take more than 10 mins to get in, so the game sets you as inactive before you can even login, thats why you dont get to even input your pins or create ur new chars....
Kuddos to the idiots in the Dev team, that 20 years later cant remember how they fixed this in the past....

Well said. Its faster to reverse client and make custom patch to remove the client will close message box and activate login button, than to expect a fix from them.

Other thing is this fking buggy queue taking 100% of my cpu on i5-7400. WTF? In a game that was optimized to run 10 windows 15yrs ago on lameish pentium 2, lol. Its something like while(1) { process_queue(); } and they forgot sleep delay to save cpu cycles. Monkey devs. I would never expect such trash from KR/US people. If I am not mistaken, US use phrase: Who pays peanuts, gets monkeys.

11 minutes ago, Rykon said:

wrong  the time in que is not counted the problem is once the game  senses your connected to the server your  limited to a  10 second time out  ( to  select your  character and enter pin or create a new one)   o and it seams to be counting loading time too 

1 minute ago, Hpmorg said:

wrong  the time in que is not counted the problem is once the game  senses your connected to the server your  limited to a  10 second time out  ( to  select your  character and enter pin or create a new one)   o and it seams to be counting loading time too 

But it does close connection even when your still at queue sometimes

1 hour ago, FatHips said:

RMT itself affects individual player strength, but it actually does not affect the game's balance if the adena is farmed legitimately, which is paramount to all other issues.   It's a zero-sum game if you understand that term.  There's actually zero difference in me quitting and giving my friend all my gear or him paying me for it, this happens every day.

That's not completely true. The friend to which you will give all your gear for free will likely be in the same clan as you do, which will likely be the clan that farmed your gear in the first place. That's not the case for RMT.

RMT takes the power from the clans and gives it to the individual players... except for one clan per server. The game has no enforced anti-monopoly laws related to RMT, and the professional players tend to end up in the same single clan that will get monopoly power over the server's most monetizable resources.

Has it been talked about yet that when the game closes you're still actually waiting in queue? Multiple times it's closed for me so then I go do something and when I come back hours later the first time I try it informs me that I am already logged in. This means that when the game closes it still keeps you waiting in the queue which is more than likely adding to the wait. Just my thought at least.

2 minutes ago, Glock said:

But it does close connection even when your still at queue sometimes

Just now, Fireasy said:

Lots of theories out there why it closes.  No one knows for sure, not even NCSoft apparently.

according to the known issues thread ( below)  it is a  time out when your at the front.  and from my experiences  today this seams accurate  the only timers i have had the client close is when i was  in  the single digits of the que or on the character screen , there seams to be a polling  wait time in how often it  refreshes the que number as well so  it might say you are in 5  but you already connected and lost  your  5 second window to login before the number updated 

1 minute ago, Sinkest said:

Has it been talked about yet that when the game closes you're still actually waiting in queue? Multiple times it's closed for me so then I go do something and when I come back hours later the first time I try it informs me that I am already logged in. This means that when the game closes it still keeps you waiting in the queue which is more than likely adding to the wait. Just my thought at least.

i know  the error your  talking about  it seams to be once you made it to the front and got your time out some sort of flag is still on your account  marking it as in use  so you cant  attempt to authenticate again

6 minutes ago, Hpmorg said:

The time in queue is counted, same as it was 20 years ago....
As for the 10 second timeout, dunno where u got that info from but is completly wrong.... I hav gotten the message straight out of end of queue, and i have taken less than 10 seconds to select my char and enter the game, and not once did i manage to get to the loading screen...

Archived