SOME FUNNY l2

TEVAS

Yeah orbis mobs will spawn basically anywhere in world. They tend to spawn when you're in one spot for long periods of time grinding. I've had some spawn on me at level 90 in a level 90 area. Of course I had to move on because I didn't have the capability to take out 3 level 96 mobs at level 90... I can't tell if it was part of some anti-botting plan or if it's just a plain bug.

Only place I've seen that personally is on shitty private servers. So going to go ahead and assume it's the same thing here. Issue I had before was Neutral grounds with bloody priestess catacomb mobs walking on surface of the game world when necro/catas existed.

45 minutes ago, Seraphicas said:

Only place I've seen that personally is on shitty private servers. So going to go ahead and assume it's the same thing here. Issue I had before was Neutral grounds with bloody priestess catacomb mobs walking on surface of the game world when necro/catas existed.

You can assume all you want but I've seen them spawn in several different hunting areas on Chronus. I just looked through 500 screenshots to find this one (screenshot 625). I stopped taking screenshots after the first few occurrences because it was something i was familiar with by that point. Like I said I thought it might be some sort of bot detection method or something by that point. Somewhere I have a screenshot of a group of them spawning in Harnuak's underground.

There were two more mobs around the corner. One was a curator and I cannot remember what the third one was.
iJAGQY7.jpg

Yeah that's what I was referring to. I'm sure it happens in many places, my personal experience I recall was a looong time ago. At the time I figured it was a bug. mobs that should be beneath you vertically in the game world somehow spawning on the surface. I just started back into L2 so not sure but I do recall this happening to me years ago with lvl 50-60 mobs spawning while I was grinding in neutral zone on lvl 16-20 mobs. Maybe they're unrelated I don't know. Fact remains this type of stuff been goin on for longer than 5 years or so. Gotta figure the time frame I'm referring to was maybe Interlude-Hellbound or somethin?

As to the assume all you want reply, I don't understand what ya mean. I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that it's happening, rather the opposite as this is not the first and only time it's happened. Also that's not the only mob where that's happened. It's unfortunate that your whole party is dead though, hope that didn't happen while you were taking one of those 600 screenshots. : )

25 minutes ago, Seraphicas said:

Yeah that's what I was referring to. I'm sure it happens in many places, my personal experience I recall was a looong time ago. At the time I figured it was a bug. mobs that should be beneath you vertically in the game world somehow spawning on the surface. I just started back into L2 so not sure but I do recall this happening to me years ago with lvl 50-60 mobs spawning while I was grinding in neutral zone on lvl 16-20 mobs. Maybe they're unrelated I don't know. Fact remains this type of stuff been goin on for longer than 5 years or so. Gotta figure the time frame I'm referring to was maybe Interlude-Hellbound or somethin?

AH I picked it up as you were assuming it was because he was on a shitty private server and that it doesn't happen on the real ones.

4 minutes ago, Seraphicas said:

Yeah been going on a long time. Obviously now the mob is different. I'm not sure exactly which update 7 signs catas were removed but it goes back at least until that point. Kinda sad really, in-game bug 10+ years give or take w/o fixes.

When I came back I was so sad to find out that they had tossed the necro/cata stuff. I had a great deal of fun in those :(

Archived