Accounts Closed for Illegal Third-Party Programs

Hime

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why i wanna save my account? u think i dont leave the server where close my account for running behind me?  ofc i leave it i will pay for other classic server and play... if they dont bann my account i dont care coz i dont play on this server, who want to wasting time here? u will leave too coz server will loose many player and u will search other classic with more online players... and still if i was bot, why dont close the char who was killing monsters? :) 

Adena sellers are PM'ing constantly in-game.  I know many people are right-clicking and reporting / blocking them as Adena sellers.  Is NCSoft in any way using this information to block and ban these adena sellers?  If not, why is it even an option?  I have 2 computers and 4 accounts running and continue to get PM's from the same adena sellers as they move from town to town.  It is obvious they are using 3rd party programs because the rate at which they are PM'ing multiple accounts is not possible without a script of some kind.  If NCSoft is not using the "block adena seller" option to find out who they are, why not?

I'm also curious how NCSoft is picking accounts of people who have multiple accounts and determining that only one of their accounts is "illegal."  I have a clan member who has multiple accounts one of which is an unusual name.  Only his unusual name account has been blocked.  was it mistaken as a "bot name" and arbitrarily blocked?  He is obviously not using third-party programs or all of his accounts would have been banned / blocked.  So just exactly HOW is NCSoft determining which accounts to ban/block?

i realize NCSoft has a huge task of finding and eliminating bots.  i just hope that the people doing this are being careful and discerning in their efforts.

I also hope that in their efforts to eliminate bots that NCSoft does NOT penalize and punish REAL PLAYERS in the process.  The ways REAL PLAYERS have been punished in the past is reduced drop rates so the bots can't collect as much adena or as many drops.  Also, the chat penalty in Live that prevents players from chatting in any way until level 76, because the adena sellers were spamming. These methods do not solve the problems and only serve to handicap the real people who play the game. so NCSoft, PLEASE DO NOT DO THESE THINGS TO US!!!!!  Find another way to get rid of the bots.  Stop penalizing the entire community. 

Thank you.

Well, same happend to me, i have 3 accounts, 2 sups and my main (BD 40) and yesterday i went to fortress of resistence to help my friend to level up, start lure everything ignoring the existence of other people in that area, i guess i received alots of reports for that, and middle of a big pull, i my game simply closes and when I try to log:

"Due to suspicious activity, this account has been locked. 
Please contact support at appeal@ncsoft.com "

Almost 24h without any kind of response, how should I react to such an injustice? less then a week to finish my VIP status, days wasted without winning 1 of xp / sp and the worst, unmotivated to log any other account because I do not know if I will be answered and in the end, unblocked.

The saddest of all, I waited eagerly to play Lineage 2 CLASSIC, and in the end stop playing not because the game is completely different from what was promised, either because there are kilometer queues, or bots stealing if space everywhere ( I prefer not to go into details because it is not the case), because I was simply framed in an automatic security system that I believe is the sum of the number of reports in the account with a high number of hours online since I slept with the afk character to avoid queuing the next day .

It's revolting you to be blocked like that, and the worst of it is that I was willing to improve my VIP STATS, now after that, NCsoft will not see a penny of mine.

If any team member sees this comment, be at least professional and solve the problem you yourself have created.

[moderated content]

i will keep posting this once a day until a get a straight answer !

A response from the NC team would be good.

It's fairly apparent that the XINCOD3 software or whatever it is is going haywire and banning legitimate accounts, there's just too many people here complaining for them all to be liars.  We understand you are probably swamped with tickets about it... but you could do yourself a favor and publicly acknowledge if you see a problem on your end.

@Juji @Hime

Any information?

Idk if it was the XINCOD3 or something else, but yesterday I was buying spirit ore/crafting bspsd and my game was closed and I received a message stating that my client was shut down for "suspicious activity" although I was not running ANY PROGRAMS AT ALL. The only other programs running on my pc was net browser and teamspeak =/ 

Almost 24h without any kind of response, how should I react to such an injustice? less then a week to finish my VIP status, days wasted without winning 1 of xp / sp and the worst, unmotivated to log any other account because I do not know if I will be answered and in the end, unblocked.

24 minutes ago, qtpi said:

Idk if it was the XINCOD3 or something else, but yesterday I was buying spirit ore/crafting bspsd and my game was closed and I received a message stating that my client was shut down for "suspicious activity" although I was not running ANY PROGRAMS AT ALL. The only other programs running on my pc was net browser and teamspeak =/ 

Out of curiosity, do you have any "other" servers installed or any software related to them?

Not related to this server, but others.

I know of a few people who have been locked due to "dormant" software on their PCs.

12 minutes ago, FatHips said:

Out of curiosity, do you have any "other" servers installed or any software related to them?

Not related to this server, but others.

I know of a few people who have been locked due to "dormant" software on their PCs.

Now you mentioned this, in my case was. 09/07/2018, i dont remember the exaclty time but i had 2 L2 boxes (artisan afk waiting for event buff goes off and PP following my friend when he grind some lvls) in the mean time I was hoping to upgrade another game, The Elders Scroll Legends (Card Game, and they have anti hack system too) only after I was with the TESL launcher open and updating, I decided to log my main character to help my friend, luring all mobs out of the party, and he kill without dividing xp, I did not get to enter the other game, but the launchers was open and maybe there the conflict.

Remembering that the only banned account was the one I opened after starting the other game update, the other two that I opened before were not banned.

1 minute ago, Fubah said:

Now you mentioned this, in my case was. 09/07/2018, i dont remember the exaclty time but i had 2 L2 boxes (artisan afk waiting for event buff goes off and PP following my friend when he grind some lvls) in the mean time I was hoping to upgrade another game, The Elders Scroll Legends (Card Game, and they have anti hack system too) only after I was with the TESL launcher open and updating, I decided to log my main character to help my friend, luring all mobs out of the party, and he kill without dividing xp, I did not get to enter the other game, but the launchers was open and maybe there the conflict.

I have heard of many cases where people are loading other games at the same time they wait in queues and getting blocked.  Maybe causal, maybe not.  Just trying to help.

I am avoiding doing that personally, it could be related.

2 minutes ago, FatHips said:

I have heard of many cases where people are loading other games at the same time they wait in queues and getting blocked.  Maybe causal, maybe not.  Just trying to help.

I am avoiding doing that personally, it could be related.

I had not stopped to think about it, and it really can be related, in any way, it discourages me to play again because I'm wasting time waiting for a answer  and the event is ending along with the 20+ xp potions I kept, and my VIP that is also in the last days.
All my friends continuing to evolve and will get to the point that I will not be able to join them.

VERY SAD

2 minutes ago, Fubah said:

I had not stopped to think about it, and it really can be related, in any way, it discourages me to play again because I'm wasting time waiting for a answer  and the event is ending along with the 20+ xp potions I kept, and my VIP that is also in the last days.
All my friends continuing to evolve and will get to the point that I will not be able to join them.

VERY SAD

Took my friend 5 days to get 2 of his 4 back, still no explanation about the other 2 and it was all BS too.  Good luck.

I also got locked out of my account for no reason at all...

Obviously my entire clan (altho small one 15+ ppl) are considering keep playing for 2 reasons:

1 I was a lvl 40 prophet with a lot of hours put into it

2 They are afraid that they might get randomly banned for no reason a lose the inmense amount of hours expent on the game (also considering that its been made terribly hard)

I replyed to the appeal mail but no answer.

Best regards, hope this will be resolved

Like FatHips already wrote, there are just too many people that are complaining about their accounts locked on and it is highly unlikely that all of them are using bots. And I am not saying this cause I am also the one with 3 accounts locked on today.

I've already made my decision to stop playing this classic no matter I can get my accounts back or not. I just do not care anymore. I am pretty sure they were locked on by a mistake and I will get them back, but as already Ark stated and some other people, even if we can go back our accounts there is always a chance to get another lock/ban later in time with this problem with XIGN or what was this new protection tool.

I am sure that most likely it can be triggered by some processes and/or some files not related at all to Lineage II, but it is not like we have some list with that and to be aware that let's say using some programs which obviously is not some 3rd party bot programs for L2, but something else this can also can alarm/trigger that poor anti-bot protection NC West are using.

Please adm, better to evaluate these BANs, cause there are many players being harmed by it.
I don't know if this XINCOD3 program is the problem, but there are many players who do not use any kind of illegal programs on their personal computer and have been affected since the last maintenance.

Please adm, better to evaluate these BANs, cause there are many players being harmed by it.
I don't know if this XINCOD3 program is the problem, but there are many players who do not use any kind of illegal programs on their personal computer and have been affected since the last maintenance.

I was a victim of mass bans. I signed the account without evidence for this issue "use third party program" the character was shillen oracle level 21 - 22 always raised level independently the character was never in party never play in party only game solitaire, my main character is a level 20 dark wizard I did the same as with the shillen oracle level up without a party independently ... it is a pity this wave of random bans because many times the victims are the ones who just started playing ... The maximum I got together with both chares was 1 Mage Staff ... so it was a pleasure to play lineage 2 again since gz x1 c4 that I was not playing. many years, no ?. Now I have to worry about 1 hour or 2 before they block access to the account I bought 400 Ncoins ...: /

I had one get locked out in the sweep yesterday and I was actively playing on that window at the time, the two other accounts I had loaded were not touched. No bot reports, no captcha as no one else was around me. Only other thing loaded was netflix don't believe that would trigger xincod3. Obviously there is a problem and they need to acknowledge it as its going to affect the response times of appeals and support.

I also took Ban, I made a purchase with the generated card and they after I received what I did not get paid, this is done with this Ban wave meaningless, and the bots rolling loose everywhere, where the reports are not good for bleeping my , my account or my database, my e-mail and Tecolove@hotmail.com my  nik Teteco

This absurdity is banning accounts without reason, I am afraid of being banned for nothing and simply reply to the email as already several cases where nothing was found and even then the account would be blocked.

This absurdity is banning accounts without reason, I am afraid of being banned for nothing and simply reply to the email as already several cases where nothing was found and even then the account would be blocked.

• Hime unpinned this topic

Archived