Drop rates on low xp mobs

xmot

As many have noticed, there are some mobs that have "bugged" xp (100-200 in mid 20's) but seem to drop more adena than others.  Plains of dion is commonly mentioned, as well as a few other spots.  I was curious what the rates looked like, so tracked 240 mobs and their drops, hunting monster eye watcher, glass jaguar and delu lizardmen.

Overall, an average of 60 adena per mob killed.  Assuming a 70% drop rate (didn't track exactly, but no reason to doubt it), that makes an average of 85 adena when it drops.  Compared to a blended average of those mobs drops of 145 adena according to the Skelth wiki, that's 60% of the "expected" adena.

The table below shows all the drops, "other" covers all the weapon key mats and full drops.  This was done with vip 4 and all expected values are from the Skelth wiki.  Obviously those aren't our rates, just using something as a baseline since I don't have reliable rates from other mobs on NA classic.

Expected Actual Ratio
Adena 24,467 14740 60%
Stem 9.2 1 11%
Greater Antidote 5.5 4 73%
Suede 9.5 10 106%
Durable braid 2.0 2 103%
Thread 18.7 7 37%
Animal skin 12.4 5 40%
Devotion chain 2.8 1 36%
Other drops 2.3 0 0%

The sample size on drops is still pretty small, but it seems like even with vip 4, the drop rate is lower than Skelth.  While the adena rate is definitely higher than mobs without "bugged" xp, I'm not sure if the drop rate is higher or not.

I know Juji has said they're looking at rates, just thought I'd put this out there if anyone was interested.

13 hours ago, xmot said:

As many have noticed, there are some mobs that have "bugged" xp (100-200 in mid 20's) but seem to drop more adena than others.  Plains of dion is commonly mentioned, as well as a few other spots.  I was curious what the rates looked like, so tracked 240 mobs and their drops, hunting monster eye watcher, glass jaguar and delu lizardmen.

Overall, an average of 60 adena per mob killed.  Assuming a 70% drop rate (didn't track exactly, but no reason to doubt it), that makes an average of 85 adena when it drops.  Compared to a blended average of those mobs drops of 145 adena according to the Skelth wiki, that's 60% of the "expected" adena.

The table below shows all the drops, "other" covers all the weapon key mats and full drops.  This was done with vip 4 and all expected values are from the Skelth wiki.  Obviously those aren't our rates, just using something as a baseline since I don't have reliable rates from other mobs on NA classic.

Expected Actual Ratio
Adena 24,467 14740 60%
Stem 9.2 1 11%
Greater Antidote 5.5 4 73%
Suede 9.5 10 106%
Durable braid 2.0 2 103%
Thread 18.7 7 37%
Animal skin 12.4 5 40%
Devotion chain 2.8 1 36%
Other drops 2.3 0 0%

The sample size on drops is still pretty small, but it seems like even with vip 4, the drop rate is lower than Skelth.  While the adena rate is definitely higher than mobs without "bugged" xp, I'm not sure if the drop rate is higher or not.

I know Juji has said they're looking at rates, just thought I'd put this out there if anyone was interested.

Maybe its not a true classic client , Maybe they are using the live client to simulate the classic, so both bugs and wrong rates .. I do not know, it's just something that was commented  in the community

Archived