Forums

Issues Status Update - 10.10.2018

Hime

2 minutes ago, Producer said:

I just dont understand that how PRIVATE server's can correct something without any KOREAN dev team ? :D  Please tell me. Thanks 

Because private servers are not ran by international corporations? How stupid of a question is that?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, nbx said:

Because private servers are not ran by international corporations? How stupid of a question is that?

Not more stupid than this comment, I can say that, ss a software developer myself, I'm honestly curious how they can change these configuration values in minutes on private servers yet the company with tons of money need international help....

1 minute ago, Gauge said:

Not more stupid than this comment, I can say that, ss a software developer myself, I'm honestly curious how they can change these configuration values in minutes on private servers yet the company with tons of money need international help....

Then you are a bad employer for your "software company" where you are working at .

Korea Dev's takes all the responsibility for the servers, including rates. Hence, waiting for the to do some internal tests, and also, to see how much of an impact will the rates have in short/medium and long terms.

Happy ?

2 minutes ago, Gauge said:

They don't need international help, they need international CONSENT. They don't have the rights to change things if the korean people doesn't give their consent.

6 minutes ago, Producer said:

I just dont understand that how PRIVATE server's can correct something without any KOREAN dev team ? :D  Please tell me. Thanks 

'cause private servers are quite illegal and mostly Java servers? 
Probably 'cause corrupted and retarded people can go and up a server with x10.000 and do w/e they want if they know how to modify a java script? 
They have no bound to the official servers or KRs so they can modify their client as they like...they don't need to run and fix the issue at first try either. 
None would care in a private if the GM restart the server 5 times trying to fix 1 thing and just fail. I know a server that had such a braindead admin that he managed to reset the database and had it fuked up. He lost the datas so players had to start again from 0 since everything was lost. 
What they do in the official servers is different. It's like : "something's wrong...ok, send the issue to the KRs and see if they can manage to fix it" > KR receive the report and go like "ok, let us check what's wrong and how to fix it" and after few days of working and testing they go like "ok, this is it, we fixxed it. This is the script to fix the bug, send it to the americans!" > Americans get the report and see if everything is fine and go like "ok, everything's fine, let's update that!". This takes SEVERAL days of work to fix. They just can't go in and try things on their own to see if they can fix it...this is why they made the Spiritshot NG avalaible for free in the store...that's the only thing they could do to 'fix' the issue. 

Or at least, this is how i think it works. I'm probably wrong.

15 minutes ago, Gauge said:

I think, to run ghanges on that nature, like inlfuencing in balance of the server, it must attend certain criteria, wich means that green light must come from above. 

I ran a private Lineage 1 server a very long time ago, and it was super easy to change a configuration value to change rates, etc...but live servers where there are business consequences to every decision is quite different. Game economy, revenue, player activity is all affected and needs to be considered before they can "flip a switch" on such a change. It's a bunch of politics and unfortunately it takes time. But yes i'm sure it is a very easy process to change that kind of setting, but it needs to go through a lot of channels to be approved i'm sure.

1 hour ago, Gauge said:

You might be a software developer, as in, having some kind of degree related to that, or having learnt yourself and landing a small gig (although I have my doubts about it), but it's sure as hell that you have not worked a single day in a legit company that employs more than a dozen or so employees. The private server owners don't answer to anyone other than themselves. In a real company, the developers don't make decisions, and the decision makers don't develop. There are several layers with different responsibilities and different authorizations. They don't need "international help" because they can't change a number in notepad, they need to involve the Koreans because they are the ones who actually develop anything. NCWest is not a game developer company. NCSoft is. And the NCSoft developers can't just change a number because some random dude from NCWest told them to. There are workflows for every process, and in every workflow, multiple people have to approve whatever the topic is, before anyone can do anything about it. Then you have to release a patch to a production system, which is not something a serious company does without preparation. Private servers also don't have to take into consideration the long term health of their server, as their costs are minimal compared to a company this size. It's not even just software developement. Every single big company works this way, so you will be real damn surprised if you ever join the big boy workforce.

10 minutes ago, nbx said:

You might be a software developer, as in, having some kind of degree related to that, or having learnt yourself and landing a small gig (although I have my doubts about it), but it's sure as hell that you have not worked a single day in a legit company that employs more than a dozen or so employees. The private server owners don't answer to anyone other than themselves. In a real company, the developers don't make decisions, and the decision makers don't develop. There are several layers with different responsibilities and different authorizations. They don't need "international help" because they can't change a number in notepad, they need to involve the Koreans because they are the ones who actually develop anything. NCWest is not a game developer company. NCSoft is. And the NCSoft developers can't just change a number because some random dude from NCWest told them to. There are workflows for every process, and in every workflow, multiple people have to approve whatever the topic is, before anyone can do anything about it. Then you have to release a patch to a production system, which is not something a serious company does without preparation. Private servers also don't have to take into consideration the long term health of their server, as their costs are minimal compared to a company this size. It's not even just software developement. Every single big company works this way, so you will be real damn surprised if you ever join the big boy workforce.

finally someone that knows whats up.

Does the defense rest its case? because it's argument is generous at best. The fact is that the NCwest team is completely useless. They are, at best, a service desk; whose capabilities, and in turn responsibilities extend no further than reporting issues to the people who actually matter. NCwest is not waiting for consent as was stated earlier. They are, without a doubt, waiting for help. If ncwest cant be trusted to fix the most obvious of problems such as % loss on death, then that speaks volumes to their level of competence. To suggest that this is standard procedure for software SUPPORT (not development) is ludicrous. 

32 minutes ago, nbx said:

Private servers also don't have to take into consideration the long term health of their server, as their costs are minimal compared to a company this size. It's not even just software developement. Every single big company works this way, so you will be real damn surprised if you ever join the big boy workforce.

"Long term health" made me lol. Disregarding the fact that you are giving NCsoft a lot more credit than they probably deserve, this statement largely does not apply to break/fix. No one is asking for a redesign. We are asking for FIXES because the game that NCsoft INTENDED after their many "long term health" considerations, was not properly implemented. Break/Fix exists to ensure the integrity of the intended design. Instead of defending the company who thought a service-desk was adequate support for the entire Western Hemisphere, why not exercise your right to feel neglected?

Lastly, for all of you corporate warriors; There is no way in hell any competent corporation would allow business critical applications to be impaired for this long. If there isn't a Skype, TeamViewer, or Webex session taking place right now to address these issues then we all have every right to feel slighted by NCsoft. You do yourself a disservice by defending them. 

3 hours ago, Gauge said:

they need confirmation FROM THE MOTHER COMPANY the rates are izi pizi 5 mins change ncsoft was never able to modify the contents without the permission of the evil koreans 

3 hours ago, Producer said:

Private servers are illegally altering source code and files they should not even have in the first place, that's how.  A company cannot do that.

39 minutes ago, EmberofDeath said:

Lastly, for all of you corporate warriors; There is no way in hell any competent corporation would allow business critical applications to be impaired for this long. If there isn't a Skype, TeamViewer, or Webex session taking place right now to address these issues then we all have every right to feel slighted by NCsoft. You do yourself a disservice by defending them. 

+1

18 minutes ago, airfathaaaaa said:

they need confirmation FROM THE MOTHER COMPANY the rates are izi pizi 5 mins change ncsoft was never able to modify the contents without the permission of the evil koreans 

but..but..you guys all love to play our games...

3 hours ago, Gauge said:

Likely they do not have legal permission to modify without consent.  Or perhaps don't even have open source at all.

18 minutes ago, airfathaaaaa said:

Those evil Koreans has build Lineage 2. I get it that we are (very) angry because of the current rates situation, but .. don't go beyond common sense! Is useless.

4 minutes ago, OmerGod said:

+1

but..but..you guys all love to play our games...

I wouldn't take it as defending NCWest, I don't think they deserve defense.

I see people taking offense to ignorance of common practices for all companies.

NCWest has screwed up a bunch of shit, but honestly I think the fault lays mostly on NC Korea for this particular issue (especially logins).

22 minutes ago, Kabala said:

Those evil Koreans has build Lineage 2. I get it that we are (very) angry because of the current rates situation, but .. don't go beyond common sense! Is useless.

the evil koreans see the Q results and act upon it and when they see big whales throwing endless money on ncwest in GoD they sure gonna attempt to do the same here 

they did it in korea too only there given the fact that you can exchange e-money for real money via the goverment itself the uproar was BIG too big to risk getting bitchslapped by the goverment..

2 minutes ago, airfathaaaaa said:

the evil koreans see the Q results and act upon it and when they see big whales throwing endless money on ncwest in GoD they sure gonna attempt to do the same here 

they did it in korea too only there given the fact that you can exchange e-money for real money via the goverment itself the uproar was BIG too big to risk getting bitchslapped by the goverment..

NC Retail in the US region has brought in less money QOQ almost every Quarter since 2009.  What are you talking about, or just venting random info?

The VIP system is their attempt of maintaining the free to play model (to create easy marketing campaigns) while not breaking the game beyond player tolerance with pay to win.  Apparently, they have somewhat learned from their mistakes on retail and are attempting to regroup.

3 minutes ago, FatHips said:

NC Retail in the US region has brought in less money QOQ almost every Quarter since 2009.  What are you talking about, or just venting random info?

The VIP system is their attempt of maintaining the free to play model (to create easy marketing campaigns) while not breaking the game beyond player tolerance with pay to win.  Apparently, they have somewhat learned from their mistakes on retail and are attempting to regroup.

http://global.ncsoft.com/global/ir/quarterly.aspx

us/eu is by far the biggest contributor after korea and thats all the info someone needs..

i would go and dive in the low estimations they constantly give for eu/us but anyways.. you get the point

• Hime unpinned this topic

Archived