Official appeal to NCSoft. Regional blocking policy. Ukraine.

Dear representatives of NCSoft. I am writing because of the blocking of my country. I ask you to carefully consider this appeal.

I live in Ukraine. Almost from the very release of Lineage 2, I am a fan of this game. In the same way as many of my fellow citizens. All the time we played on the official Russian server 4game. But after the military aggression of Russia to Ukraine, we do not want to support companies from Russia. Ukraine imposed sanctions against Russian companies, and we do not have normal access to official Russian servers. Ukraine have blocked access to these servers!
And we don’t want to pay a company that pays taxes to the state that kills people, my friends in the east of my country.

Ukraine, America and the European Union together did a very big joint work to stop the Russian aggression. But at the same time, Ukraine (the biggest country of European Union) cannot access the servers NCSoft in the USA and Europe. And we can not play on your servers. Also, we can not play on Russian servers for the reasons described above.

I am contacting NCSoft to review your server access policies from my region.
I understand that this is a difficult issue and it is not easy. I am ready to discuss. But i am believe that we will find a compromise!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was you I would remove fast this sentence:

"And we don’t want to pay a company that pays taxes to the state that kills people, my friends in the east of my country."

Cause you really do not want to start here a political discussion about Russia, Ukraine, US and money...trust me.

14 minutes ago, marcysiek said:

o.O

Sorry,  I want say Europeans region

10 minutes ago, spoobg said:

If I was you I would remove fast this sentence:

"And we don’t want to pay a company that pays taxes to the state that kills people, my friends in the east of my country."

Cause you really do not want to start here a political discussion about Russia, Ukraine, US and money...trust me.

I do not want a political discussion! Here I called the moral and legislative reason for which we can not play on Russion srevers. But thanks for the your tip) 

hi AlishaBaily, I have nothing against you and some ppl from Ukraine, BUT my Experience show me, that most Players of L2 from ukraine are agrisive player and the don't show the respect to other players, they insult you , "your mum", they play L2 only for make money. I have this sutuation on L2 Classics Server from 4game.  For Example you can see what did Rus + Ukraine players with EU classic server Skelth, they killed them - the server is dead.

I am sorry ..., but I don't really want have rus ppl there.:/

18 minutes ago, Aliaksandr said:

hi AlishaBaily, I have nothing against you and some ppl from Ukraine, BUT my Experience show me, that most Players of L2 from ukraine are agrisive player and the don't show the respect to other players, they insult you , "your mum", they play L2 only for make money. I have this sutuation on L2 Classics Server from 4game.  For Example you can see what did Rus + Ukraine players with EU classic server Skelth, they killed them - the server is dead.

This stereotype! Do not compare Ukrainians and Russians. We have a different mentality.

But I agree that we have aggressive players. As in any country, regardless of the region!

About RMT. People for whom the game is a business use VPN. Their locks do not stop! Only ordinary players who want to enjoy the game suffer from this blockade.

10 minutes ago, InTheGame said:

+1

Man, this topic is not about rus people. And about the Ukrainians. Ukraine is not Russia. Ukraine separated from the USSR 28 years ago! We in Ukraine, too, do not like the aggressiveness of the Russians, and therefore we want to stay away from them. And because of this, there are now problems in our country.

12 minutes ago, Gauge said:

I don't think NCSoft should support people playing on NA servers from any country not actually on the NA continent, let alone the Ukraine.

But it so happened now that more than half of the players from Europe. And they have access.

12 minutes ago, AlishaBaily said:

Man, this topic is not about rus people. And about the Ukrainians. Ukraine is not Russia. Ukraine separated from the USSR 28 years ago! We in Ukraine, too, do not like the aggressiveness of the Russians, and therefore we want to stay away from them. And because of this, there are now problems in our country.

ok, now I show you. the first classic server was made by Innova for:

Территория — территории стран, в рамках которых Лицензиар предоставляет Лицензиату лицензию на использование Игры, как это определено в Лицензионном соглашении на Игру. Территория по настоящему Соглашению: Российская Федерация, Украина, Грузия, страны СНГ.

Google - translate: Territory - the territories of the countries under which the Licensor grants the Licensee a license to use the Game, as defined in the License Agreement for the Game. The territory under this Agreement: the Russian Federation, Ukraine, Georgia, CIS countries.

[END Quote]

It is mean, Innova made classic server only for rus speaking people.  Now NCSOFT did it the same, for another contries, but without rus speaking player.

47 minutes ago, Aliaksandr said:

So , with your last sentence, you added Ukraine to the "Mother Russia" heh? Nice ..

Ukraine should be unbanned from the blocked countries no matter what X or Y says. They are part of Easter Europe and they are no longer under "URSS".

But, I take it that when NcSoft and Innova signed the contract for Lineage 2, Ukraine was included in"Our Country" list from Innova.

Sad!

The appeal is fair, but i'd drop the political part if you actually want a reply as well.

I love having international players, but I prefer when they can speak english, I really don't care to have them if I can't interact with them very much.

It's well known I met my wife, who is Russian via L2 nine years ago.

42 minutes ago, Gauge said:

I don't think NCSoft should support people playing on NA servers from any country not actually on the NA continent, let alone the Ukraine.

So how they should set it up according to you? Geographically? Economically? By Skin color?  Let them open a USA only server and see how long that lives. I would bet the majority of the population is from Latinamerica and Europe in both active servers. Perhaps Aden is dead because it’s timezone is only NA friendly. Ask NC if they view their business region as USA only or not, you’ll be surprised at their response, ofc saying it sole country based makes it easier for them in terms of standard support and legal compliance, this is a business execution strategy but they will take money from anyone who wants to give it to them regardless of location. And hell yes! Open the servers up to Ukrainians by all means!.  

4 minutes ago, FatHips said:

The appeal is fair, but i'd drop the political part if you actually want a reply as well.

This ..

I love having international players, but I prefer when they can speak english, I really don't care to have them if I can't interact with them very much.

With this, doesn't .. kinda work good :)

1 minute ago, Oeste said:

So how they should set it up according to you? Geographically? Ecojomically? By Skin color?  Let them open a USA only server and see how long that lives. I would bet the majority of the population is from Latinamerica and Europe in both active servers. Perhaps Aden is dead because it’s timezone is only NA friendly. Ask NC if they view their business region as USA only or not, you’ll be surprised at their response, ofc saying it sole country based makes ITM easier for them in terms of standard support and legal compliance, this is a business execution strategy but they will take money from anyone who wants to give it to them regardless of location. And hell yes! Open the servers up to Ukrainians by all means!.  

Personally, I am very fine with it being open to the whole world. Bots will get around IP bans anyways.  Normal players won't.  

As long as the only language supported is English to facilitate better communication and management.

5 minutes ago, FatHips said:

It's well known I met my wife, who is Russian via L2 nine years ago.

One of my friends in Chronos is a Russian doctor, she’s one of the smartest, nicest person i’ve met and besides she’s got vodka in her blood, she dances with brown bears and her soul it torn appart lol (and she introduced me to that song ?)

Personally, I am very fine with it being open to the whole world. Bots will get around IP bans anyways.  Normal players won't.  

As long as the only language supported is English to facilitate better communication and management.

Ofc but... you cant force people to talk English only can u? 

Archived