Official appeal to NCSoft. Regional blocking policy. Ukraine.

3 minutes ago, Oeste said:

One of my friends in Chronos is a Russian doctor, she’s one of the smartest, nicest person i’ve met and besides she’s got vodka in her blood, she dances with brown bears and her soul it torn appart lol (and she introduced me to that song ?)

Can it also be my friend? :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Oeste said:

Ofc but... you cant force people to talk English only can u? 

If the game is fully in English (game menus, dialogues, support, forums, etc) it does force people to learn at least some. I know a lot of people who learnt English via L2 or enhanced it immensely. 

30 minutes ago, Aliaksandr said:

ok, now I show you. the first classic server was made by Innova for:

Initially yes, Innova did.

But now in Ukraine they have banned communication with many Russian organizations. Including with payment systems of Russia. We cannot pay Russian companies (WebMoney, Yandex money, etc.) with which Innova cooperates.

These are the sanctions of Ukraine against Russia. We can not buy a premium account, we can not pay just an account (on the Russian l2 classic accounts are paid).

The reason for these sanctions is that taxes with these payments go to the war of Russia against Ukraine (Do not think that I politicize !!! I just explain the reason.)

13 minutes ago, FatHips said:

Большинство украинцев думают, что они в ЕС? система образования и доступ к информации хуже, чем я думал.

https://imgur.com/a/6RKetFO

I made a mistake when I wrote it, I wanted to say that the European region.

And why can not I edit now. Thank you for noticing the error.

Eastern Europe Northern Europe Southern Europe Western Europe
Belarus Åland Islands Albania Austria
Bulgaria Denmark Andorra Belgium
Czech Republic Estonia Bosnia and Herzegovina France
Republic of Moldova Faroe Islands Croatia Germany
Poland Finland Gibraltar Liechtenstein
Hungary Guernsey Greece Luxembourg
Romania Iceland Italy Monaco
Russian Federation Republic of Ireland Republic of Macedonia Netherlands
Slovakia Jersey Malta Switzerland
Ukraine Isle of Man Montenegro  
  Latvia Portugal  
  Lithuania San Marino  
  Norway Serbia  
  Sark Slovenia  
  Svalbard and Jan Mayen Spain  
  Sweden Vatican City  
  United Kingdom  

If we are speaking about Regions, you are in the same Region with Russian Fed.

3 minutes ago, Aliaksandr said:
  Latvia Portugal  
  Lithuania San Marino  
  Norway Serbia  
  Sark Slovenia  
  Sweden Vatican City  
  United Kingdom  

Sadly, so does my country , LOL !

11 minutes ago, Aliaksandr said:
  Latvia Portugal  
  Lithuania San Marino  
  Norway Serbia  
  Sark Slovenia  
  Sweden Vatican City  
  United Kingdom  

You will not be able to login or create an account if you reside in one of the following countries:

Armenia  Azerbaijan  Belarus  China  Cuba  Georgia  Iran  Kazakhstan  Kyrgyzstan  Moldova  North Korea  Russia  Sudan  Syria  Tajikistan  Turkmenistan  Ukraine  Uzbekistan

From all other countries you can play!

1 minute ago, Oeste said:

Well SHE not IT, could be your friend if you were in Chronos and in the right clan, but that would be up to her not me.

Ok!

Can she also be my friend? :))

She will not need L2 anymore , if we would be ...friends ! :D

45 minutes ago, FatHips said:

Yep, that's why I said supported.  I.e. through customer support and interface :)

yes I agree, but then since it cannot be enforced ppl who just spam world chat saying "english only" or things of that sort they are not asking for rules to be enforced (because speaking english is NOT a rule), they are showing their racist bigotry imo. Anyway I think we agree on the basics so let's leave it at that.

45 minutes ago, Reniesta said:

If the game is fully in English (game menus, dialogues, support, forums, etc) it does force people to learn at least some. I know a lot of people who learnt English via L2 or enhanced it immensely. 

And this is a great opportunity for non english speakers, an opportunity to practice, get vocabulary, etc.. but it is also a great opportunity for non portuguese, spanish, greek speakers also. I mean how else would I know what malaka means if it wasn't for L2!?. 

2 minutes ago, Oeste said:

And this is a great opportunity for non english speakers, an opportunity to practice, get vocabulary, etc.. but it is also a great opportunity for non portuguese, spanish, greek speakers also. I mean how else would I know what malaka means!. 

Ye! I love the aspect of L2 that lets you know more people and their cultures :) It's very cool when people want to find common grounds.

2 hours ago, AlishaBaily said:

Sorry,  I want say Europeans region

I do not want a political discussion! Here I called the moral and legislative reason for which we can not play on Russion srevers. But thanks for the your tip) 

you definitely want a political discussion, you even made the letters bold. you sound like propaganda news channel. we come here to play. Ukraine blocked you from accessing big bad wolf russian servers that you were going to use but now asince you can't its they are bad and I demand US servers coz russian aggression. gtfo.

11 minutes ago, Oeste said:

And this is a great opportunity for non english speakers, an opportunity to practice, get vocabulary, etc.. but it is also a great opportunity for non portuguese, spanish, greek speakers also. I mean how else would I know what malaka means if it wasn't for L2!?. 

By the way, I learned English in L2. At school, we were poorly taught at that time (2005). Only thanks to L2 I have Pre-Intermediate level. And now I want to play here to improve my knowledge of English!

9 minutes ago, Nssidia said:

you definitely want a political discussion, you even made the letters bold. you sound like propaganda news channel. we come here to play. Ukraine blocked you from accessing big bad wolf russian servers that you were going to use but now asince you can't its they are bad and I demand US servers coz russian aggression. gtfo.

I highlighted this as a reason for which we cannot and do not want to play there. I do not want to talk bad about any country. Just I focusing on the reason. I am a very tolerant person, trust me.

Sorry, you got the impression of propaganda. I am not a great writer, but an ordinary person. Wrote your thoughts.

9 minutes ago, eDness said:

I didnt read all reply mb someone say it alrdy but  most of probleme in skelth server came from Ukranian player  or mb im wrong ? 

In Ukraine, not a lot of people play in L2 (not much compared to Russia). Basically in Ukraine it is 25-30 + years old people who play because of nostalgia. You're wrong :)

1 hour ago, Oeste said:

yes I agree, but then since it cannot be enforced ppl who just spam world chat saying "english only" or things of that sort they are not asking for rules to be enforced (because speaking english is NOT a rule), they are showing their racist bigotry imo. Anyway I think we agree on the basics so let's leave it at that.

Okay I have to draw the line there.  While it's possible those people could be racists, language has nothing to do with race at all.  You could call those people bigots or possibly... linguists?  I would prefer people speak in English in world chat, so I can communicate with them, does that make me a racist? first it has nothing to do with race, and second it does not make me a bigot for me to prefer to be able to communicate with fellow players.

People throw out the R word, and it is very charged.  I really do not like it, if you're going to use an aggressive word like that, use it correctly within the right context.  Also, when you throw out that word where no reasonable person woudl find it applicable, people stop listening to you entirely.

1 hour ago, FatHips said:

Okay I have to draw the line there.  While it's possible those people could be racists, language has nothing to do with race at all.  You could call those people bigots or possibly... linguists?  I would prefer people speak in English in world chat, so I can communicate with them, does that make me a racist? first it has nothing to do with race, and second it does not make me a bigot for me to prefer to be able to communicate with fellow players.

People throw out the R word, and it is very charged.  I really do not like it, if you're going to use an aggressive word like that, use it correctly within the right context.  Also, when you throw out that word where no reasonable person woudl find it applicable, people stop listening to you entirely.

Yes I agree, maybe it has to do with communication and not with racism, (don't call it the R word, call things by their proper name please we're grown ups). You'd have to agree that "english only in world chat" is not a rule, (unless you can point me to section of the EULA where it states otherwise), So asking for it in a context of "english please so I can understand" is acceptable but not enforceable, if it causes you discomfort well... basically you'd need to deal with it, (and I am not talking about you personally, don't view it that way please, I am talking in general), but many of those "requests" are accompanied something of the sort of "this is a NA server, so go back to where you came from" or even worse, then in my eyes it becomes precisely what I was pointing at.

Anyway, the facts are: a) All servers are international in nature; b) NC has chosen a geographical location and a basic standard language to provide their services but has never even tried to enforce a single language for player interactions; c) their selection has to do with access to market, ease of doing business under a single regulatory system and financial considerations only; d) should NC choose to "close" the servers to only NA, they would loose 70% or more of their population and a good portion of their revenue; e) their geographical limitations are only based on contractual agreements with third parties or legal concerns (i.e. Innova or Afghanistan). 

Given that there is nothing players can do to "enforce" a rule that does not exists and which of course no one will abide, so best either get used to it, take advantage of it and learn something new or make your own decision (whatever that might be) but stop trying to impose your "rules" unto others, (AGAIN I am not talking about you, I am talking in general).

To the original point, my guess is that their limitation on Ukraine has to do with their existing contract with Innova, which I believe will be hard to revise and not in the best interest of NC as they may open a can of worms that could prove hard to close. Therefore, as much as I would like to see this happen, I don't think it will, I believe it's more likely that in the future NC chooses to leave the L2 international business altogether and could agree to license it out to a third party. 

Archived