Official appeal to NCSoft. Regional blocking policy. Ukraine.

2 hours ago, Oeste said:

To the original point, my guess is that their limitation on Ukraine has to do with their existing contract with Innova, which I believe will be hard to revise and not in the best interest of NC 

Agree on that. Diplomatic relations play it's role and when things go south it's an average citizen who suffers whether it's traveling, doing business or playing international servers of video games. Unfortunately Ukrainian players getting short end of the stick on this one.

And again about language issues: I like to think of natural tendency to speak one official language in a "small" gaming community. Yes, there are people who don't want to and yes, there are people who are irritated by it. And hell yes, there will be hateful comments due to abrasive nature of internet personas. It's part of the fun sometimes, as long as you can grow thick skin. It has always been like that. :) 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Oeste said:

Yes I agree, maybe it has to do with communication and not with racism, (don't call it the R word, call things by their proper name please we're grown ups). You'd have to agree that "english only in world chat" is not a rule, (unless you can point me to section of the EULA where it states otherwise), So asking for it in a context of "english please so I can understand" is acceptable but not enforceable, if it causes you discomfort well... basically you'd need to deal with it, (and I am not talking about you personally, don't view it that way please, I am talking in general), but many of those "requests" are accompanied something of the sort of "this is a NA server, so go back to where you came from" or even worse, then in my eyes it becomes precisely what I was pointing at.

Anyway, the facts are: a) All servers are international in nature; b) NC has chosen a geographical location and a basic standard language to provide their services but has never even tried to enforce a single language for player interactions; c) their selection has to do with access to market, ease of doing business under a single regulatory system and financial considerations only; d) should NC choose to "close" the servers to only NA, they would loose 70% or more of their population and a good portion of their revenue; e) their geographical limitations are only based on contractual agreements with third parties or legal concerns (i.e. Innova or Afghanistan). 

Given that there is nothing players can do to "enforce" a rule that does not exists and which of course no one will abide, so best either get used to it, take advantage of it and learn something new or make your own decision (whatever that might be) but stop trying to impose your "rules" unto others, (AGAIN I am not talking about you, I am talking in general).

To the original point, my guess is that their limitation on Ukraine has to do with their existing contract with Innova, which I believe will be hard to revise and not in the best interest of NC as they may open a can of worms that could prove hard to close. Therefore, as much as I would like to see this happen, I don't think it will, I believe it's more likely that in the future NC chooses to leave the L2 international business altogether and could agree to license it out to a third party. 

Agreed, it's likely contractual.  And like @Reniesta said, and her and I know well, often citizens get the short end of the stick on diplomatic problems.  Very sorry to you Ukrainians, work through VPN's otherwise you are probably screwed.  Keep a low profile, keep NCCoins and VIP active. @AlishaBaily.  NC has little incentive to try to stop paying customers from playing if you stay off their radar.  They may be contractually obligated to remove you if you show up though.  So keep your head low and good luck!

TLDR: ukrainians is the plague of this world. For sure.

ROFL how author trying to earn on NA cause adena on NA black market is higher than on Russian servers.

9 hours ago, AlishaBaily said:

But after the military aggression of Russia to Ukraine, we do not want to support companies from Russia

BTW Ukraine was the only one who started aggression on it's own regions, no third parties involved. GG WP.

1 minute ago, wAx said:

TLDR: ukrainians is the plague of this world. For sure.

ROFL how author trying to earn on NA cause adena on NA black market is higher than on Russian servers.

BTW Ukraine was the only one who started aggression on it's own regions, no third parties involved. GG WP.

I love people who reinforce stereotypes.

I for one do not support unlocking Ukraine or any other country where the average livable wage is $100-150 / month and below.

You are basically asking for more people to come here and sell adena when you mix players with extremely high and low incomes, it happened on Skelth and will happen again to some extent here, if anything NCSoft should make them a server.

1 minute ago, InVizO said:

I for one do not support unlocking Ukraine or any other country where the average livable wage is $100-150 / month and below.

You are basically asking for more people to come here and sell adena when you mix players with extremely high and low incomes, it happened on Skelth and will happen again to some extent here, if anything NCSoft should make them a server

That sums it up

Ahh, the Ukrainians again.

First they invade the European job market, and now the Adena market.

They are rabid xenophobic nationalists and won't hesitate to lecture you on just how culturally different they are from Russians, and how they are, in fact, superior to their 'Eastern oppressors'. Moreover, if their ego is particularly inflated, they'll go on about how Ukrainian culture/history is the richest in the world (not failing to shove 'Kievan Rus' down your throat), etc, etc. All of which being quite baloney.
These locusts should be kept to the minimum in the civilised space.

10 hours ago, AlishaBaily said:

I am contacting NCSoft to review your server access policies from my region.

I understand that this is a difficult issue and it is not easy. I am ready to discuss. But i am believe that we will find a compromise!

1) If you wan't NCSoft to "review your server access policies from my region" you do not make 30IQ political Shit-post topic of forum - you wright them official letter.

2) It is not easy for you. Everybody else don't give a shit and they are wright. Your country's restrictions  is your problems.

3) "I'am ready to discuss" - are you official person to represent all ukrainian L2 players? Don't think so. Basically it is another wine topic i didn't get what i want bu-huu.

4) compromise - move to Poland and play from there or something - everybody else in you country already did it as far as i know. Out.

• Hime locked this topic

Archived