Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Eynon

My experience with this game since launch. (TLDR, it stinks, but not due to the game)

Recommended Posts

Eynon    0

I never played L1 or L2.  About 2-3 weeks before Classic launch I learned of it, and i always wanted to try the old school version of this game as it sounded like something i'd like.  I did some research, watched some videos and i was hooked.  Pre launch, I got my Chronicle Pack, had money to obtain VIP 4 and got myself into what seemed to be a good fit of a guild.  

 

I "worked from home" on launch day, hoping the server would be up so I could play for a few hours before life responsibilities took over in the evening/night.  It didn't happen, but i'm not a rookie for launches and know things happen.  No biggie, I was able to work from home Thursday and Friday also.  I was able to get on Thursday.  There was of course the timer that limited me to make my character in about 0.7 seconds.  But, got past that and I was on my way with my new found guild mates.  Fun was had Thursday.  I was a bit disappointed that I was only VIP 3.  I really wanted VIP 4 as I don't have THAT much time to play games usually and the XP bonus would be appreciated.  I tried 8ish times through out the day and was always met with an error message when trying to purchase.   

 

Worked from home Friday.  Login..........and i'm banned.  WTF???  My only course of action was to email their appeals team.  


I was banned for "...the account in question is blocked due to a billing issue..."  Um.....ok, I provided them info that they had requested.  

Over the next few days correspondence went back and forth.  A few things happened.

  1. My Chronicle Pack was refunded.  
  2. I was told I was able to keep the items, as it was taken away due to their error, not mine.
  3. The billing issue got sorted out, and my account was unbanned on the night of 10/8.  So, I lost about 4.5 days due to an error on their end.

 

So, since my unbanning I was finally able to play last night.  RIGHT?

 

Here was me logging in last night:

  1. Wait in 440 person queue.  Its my turn to finally login.  "Client will close lol"
  2. God damnit, i'll just try again.  Wait again in 440 person queue.  Its my turn to finally login again.  "Client will close lol"
  3. Ugh.... Wait in the 440 person queue......for a 3rd time. My turn to get in, "Client will close."  bleep THIS!
  4. About 2-3 hours later, I try one last time.  This time, I finally get to my character select screen.  I have no characters, and immediately get the "Client will close lol" message.
  5.  

Well, I guess I still have a character........maybe.  My GM sent me this.  I'm Ilithiya.  Nothing under activity, so, I guess my character still exists.  But, I think i'm done.  The game and people who i played with were fun.  But I get my account banned for no reason.  It takes almost 5 days to get unbanned, then I can't even bleeping log in.  I'm telling this story so NCSoft can realize how some of their playerbase is treated.  I have all my money back, so I think i'm just gonna part ways with this game.  It seems fun, it seems like a game I can really just chill and play, with no stress and just grind with people on Discord.  But my quitting has nothing to do with game mechanics, grind, drop rates and everything else.  But it 100% has to do with systems around the game.  

GL, HF

Edited by Eynon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FatHips    237

I get you, wait a month for things to settle and try again.

All the technical problems will be addressed, and the balance should exist with a healthier player economy.

Glad to see new players are trying the game and I'm sorry for the poor experience you've had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fakerchuuu    12
38 minutes ago, FatHips said:

I get you, wait a month for things to settle and try again.

All the technical problems will be addressed, and the balance should exist with a healthier player economy.

Glad to see new players are trying the game and I'm sorry for the poor experience you've had.

Nice dreamland of fixes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MMOBlitz    10
1 minute ago, Fakerchuuu said:

They won't fix anything, but you can enjoy your game

atm I am, thanks. Have you moved on to the next flavor of the month game,  or are you just hanging out here being cynical knowing full well that you will still continue to play despite wasting peoples time on the forums?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fireasy    3

Nice that you got your money back.  My main account was permabanned for claiming a PayPal refund due to their shortcomings.  Can't use a chronicle pack if I can't login to activate it!  A refund request isn't outlandish in my opinion.  Give me my money back and maybe a month from now I come back to check things out, maybe spend more money then.  Now that isn't even an option....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FatHips    237
27 minutes ago, MMOBlitz said:

atm I am, thanks. Have you moved on to the next flavor of the month game,  or are you just hanging out here being cynical knowing full well that you will still continue to play despite wasting peoples time on the forums?

just trolling I am starting to ignore his kind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kaho    10
6 hours ago, Eynon said:

I never played L1 or L2.  About 2-3 weeks before Classic launch I learned of it, and i always wanted to try the old school version of this game as it sounded like something i'd like.  I did some research, watched some videos and i was hooked.  Pre launch, I got my Chronicle Pack, had money to obtain VIP 4 and got myself into what seemed to be a good fit of a guild.  

 

I "worked from home" on launch day, hoping the server would be up so I could play for a few hours before life responsibilities took over in the evening/night.  It didn't happen, but i'm not a rookie for launches and know things happen.  No biggie, I was able to work from home Thursday and Friday also.  I was able to get on Thursday.  There was of course the timer that limited me to make my character in about 0.7 seconds.  But, got past that and I was on my way with my new found guild mates.  Fun was had Thursday.  I was a bit disappointed that I was only VIP 3.  I really wanted VIP 4 as I don't have THAT much time to play games usually and the XP bonus would be appreciated.  I tried 8ish times through out the day and was always met with an error message when trying to purchase.   

 

Worked from home Friday.  Login..........and i'm banned.  WTF???  My only course of action was to email their appeals team.  


I was banned for "...the account in question is blocked due to a billing issue..."  Um.....ok, I provided them info that they had requested.  

Over the next few days correspondence went back and forth.  A few things happened.

  1. My Chronicle Pack was refunded.  
  2. I was told I was able to keep the items, as it was taken away due to their error, not mine.
  3. The billing issue got sorted out, and my account was unbanned on the night of 10/8.  So, I lost about 4.5 days due to an error on their end.

 

So, since my unbanning I was finally able to play last night.  RIGHT?

 

Here was me logging in last night:

  1. Wait in 440 person queue.  Its my turn to finally login.  "Client will close lol"
  2. God damnit, i'll just try again.  Wait again in 440 person queue.  Its my turn to finally login again.  "Client will close lol"
  3. Ugh.... Wait in the 440 person queue......for a 3rd time. My turn to get in, "Client will close."  bleep THIS!
  4. About 2-3 hours later, I try one last time.  This time, I finally get to my character select screen.  I have no characters, and immediately get the "Client will close lol" message.
  5.  

Well, I guess I still have a character........maybe.  My GM sent me this.  I'm Ilithiya.  Nothing under activity, so, I guess my character still exists.  But, I think i'm done.  The game and people who i played with were fun.  But I get my account banned for no reason.  It takes almost 5 days to get unbanned, then I can't even bleeping log in.  I'm telling this story so NCSoft can realize how some of their playerbase is treated.  I have all my money back, so I think i'm just gonna part ways with this game.  It seems fun, it seems like a game I can really just chill and play, with no stress and just grind with people on Discord.  But my quitting has nothing to do with game mechanics, grind, drop rates and everything else.  But it 100% has to do with systems around the game.  

GL, HF

This happen everytime.. i mean like everytime from L1 to L2 on each big updates .. even L2R on phone lmao...but things will get better after 1-2 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xandori    10
6 hours ago, Eynon said:

I never played L1 or L2.  About 2-3 weeks before Classic launch I learned of it, and i always wanted to try the old school version of this game as it sounded like something i'd like.  I did some research, watched some videos and i was hooked.  Pre launch, I got my Chronicle Pack, had money to obtain VIP 4 and got myself into what seemed to be a good fit of a guild.  

 

I "worked from home" on launch day, hoping the server would be up so I could play for a few hours before life responsibilities took over in the evening/night.  It didn't happen, but i'm not a rookie for launches and know things happen.  No biggie, I was able to work from home Thursday and Friday also.  I was able to get on Thursday.  There was of course the timer that limited me to make my character in about 0.7 seconds.  But, got past that and I was on my way with my new found guild mates.  Fun was had Thursday.  I was a bit disappointed that I was only VIP 3.  I really wanted VIP 4 as I don't have THAT much time to play games usually and the XP bonus would be appreciated.  I tried 8ish times through out the day and was always met with an error message when trying to purchase.   

 

Worked from home Friday.  Login..........and i'm banned.  WTF???  My only course of action was to email their appeals team.  


I was banned for "...the account in question is blocked due to a billing issue..."  Um.....ok, I provided them info that they had requested.  

Over the next few days correspondence went back and forth.  A few things happened.

  1. My Chronicle Pack was refunded.  
  2. I was told I was able to keep the items, as it was taken away due to their error, not mine.
  3. The billing issue got sorted out, and my account was unbanned on the night of 10/8.  So, I lost about 4.5 days due to an error on their end.

 

So, since my unbanning I was finally able to play last night.  RIGHT?

 

Here was me logging in last night:

  1. Wait in 440 person queue.  Its my turn to finally login.  "Client will close lol"
  2. God damnit, i'll just try again.  Wait again in 440 person queue.  Its my turn to finally login again.  "Client will close lol"
  3. Ugh.... Wait in the 440 person queue......for a 3rd time. My turn to get in, "Client will close."  bleep THIS!
  4. About 2-3 hours later, I try one last time.  This time, I finally get to my character select screen.  I have no characters, and immediately get the "Client will close lol" message.
  5.  

Well, I guess I still have a character........maybe.  My GM sent me this.  I'm Ilithiya.  Nothing under activity, so, I guess my character still exists.  But, I think i'm done.  The game and people who i played with were fun.  But I get my account banned for no reason.  It takes almost 5 days to get unbanned, then I can't even bleeping log in.  I'm telling this story so NCSoft can realize how some of their playerbase is treated.  I have all my money back, so I think i'm just gonna part ways with this game.  It seems fun, it seems like a game I can really just chill and play, with no stress and just grind with people on Discord.  But my quitting has nothing to do with game mechanics, grind, drop rates and everything else.  But it 100% has to do with systems around the game.  

GL, HF

I'm not sure if I can take you seriously or not. You're an adult, right? Your life has had ups and downs, right? You've been disappointed with not getting what you wanted when you wanted it, right? This sounds like a child who when they can't get something they wanted decided they no longer wanted it, even if they got it later. I'm sorry if I am coming across like a jerk, but you're just being so immature about this. I know what happened to you SUCKS, but it seems you lack patience and are simply unaware of the situation at large. I highly doubt NCWest has a large enough support staff to handle 100 tickets/day, and they probably have to field several hundred a day for far less serious issues than what you went through, so yea, it would take awhile.

I agree with you 100% that the issue you had was bad, but given the situation currently, the timeframe in which it was resolved was to be expected. Your decision to not even play the game after being helped by Support just says a lot, especially since you say you had no dislike for the actual game. If you had the desire to play the game, then do so, the game is actually fun and you have people to hang out with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×