2 box MAX as temporal solution

ViciousL2

Hey, I don't mind queues as a F2P player.

But it pissed me off when I got disconnected right after it's my turn.

3 boxes right now it's too much. Servers can't handle that much.

With 2 boxes, queues will be shorter and you don't get disconnected with shorter queues as you can see early in the morning. 

Hey Vicious

So currently you are only allowed to login to 3 accounts per PC. So 1 Main, and 2 boxes. I, in particular, am against boxes, i think support should always be live, and I think now with the server so populated you dont necessarily need a box. I see SE/EE/WC looking for parties left and right, the issue will arise when PP's begin to just be boxed, as they are just pure buffers. But back in the day PP would throw on some heavy and DD as well!

To be honest I never got why people want to box anyway...how is that "classic" game experience ? Is this something that will benefit the community long term ? ( how ? )

Also I believe a lot of people are fishing non stop using their 10 day fishing rods, that number will likely go down once the rods start disappearing as buying one is quite costly..

6 minutes ago, Aghast said:

To be honest I never got why people want to box anyway...how is that "classic" game experience ? Is this something that will benefit the community long term ? ( how ? )

Also I believe a lot of people are fishing non stop using their 10 day fishing rods, that number will likely go down once the rods start disappearing as buying one is quite costly..

I suppose you don't know the game very well.  Understandable.  The game is designed with boxes in mind.  People are not supposed to main things like dwarves, for example.  That race is quite obviously designed to be a secondary character ever since the get go.

There are other easier solutions to eliminate the queue that have far less implications to NC.  This is simply a bad idea.

7 minutes ago, GoNoles69 said:

Hey Vicious

So currently you are only allowed to login to 3 accounts per PC. So 1 Main, and 2 boxes. I, in particular, am against boxes, i think support should always be live, and I think now with the server so populated you dont necessarily need a box. I see SE/EE/WC looking for parties left and right, the issue will arise when PP's begin to just be boxed, as they are just pure buffers. But back in the day PP would throw on some heavy and DD as well!

a mystic carrying a fighter weapon is not a DD, any other class in the game would hit 3 times as hard with the same gear

Take it from someone who played a prophet as a main for 12 years.  The class is designed to be a box.  The other buffers are more meant to be live.  For that reason they get better "dd" ability (soulcry).  Anyone who says otherwise honestly is just in denial :D

there is absolutely no reason not to box a buffer (out of party or in) for 90% of players, you only need a live one for pvp and in very limited cases pve

The class is entirely designed that way on purpose.  Heals and buffs dont work out of party or disappear when you leave party for a reason.  This is Lineage II not WOW

2 minutes ago, FatHips said:

I suppose you don't know the game very well.  Understandable.  The game is designed with boxes in mind.  People are not supposed to main things like dwarves, for example.  That race is quite obviously designed to be a secondary character ever since the get go.

That is complete rubbish ….

31 minutes ago, ViciousL2 said:

With 2 boxes, queues will be shorter and you don't get disconnected with shorter queues as you can see early in the morning. 

they simply need to add a 60 second grace period to your account's position in the queue. if you disconnect, you maintain the spot for X amount of time before being kicked to the back again.

I understand your frustration. I broke down and made my SE and EE VIP 1 purely because the queue issues were aids.

Look im not saying dwarfs are easy to play, but that's really not the point of the dwarf now is it ? and to say the entire game was designed with boxing in mind is just idiotic. If that was the case they would have introduced NPC buffers or some such 

1 minute ago, Aghast said:

Look im not saying dwarfs are easy to play, but that's really not the point of the dwarf now is it ? and to say the entire game was designed with boxing in mind is just idiotic. If that was the case they would have introduced NPC buffers or some such 

Sorry dude, it's painfully obvious :( you don't have to like it, but literally every single game mechanic is built around it.  I don't think what I say is idiotic.  You think anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot.  Great.

I do not believe people who disagree with me are idiots, I just said I think what "you" said is idiotic....that said...im open to be enlightened, please share the game mechanics built around the assumption that people will alt+tab from one client to another in order to be able to enjoy the experience.

57 minutes ago, ViciousL2 said:

1-1 MAX  ....now u can 2 boxes....

4 minutes ago, Aghast said:

I do not believe people who disagree with me are idiots, I just said I think what "you" said is idiotic....that said...im open to be enlightened, please share the game mechanics built around the assumption that people will alt+tab from one client to another in order to be able to enjoy the experience.

All you have to do is just tile your clients a little bit, it takes very little effort. But FatHips is right L2 has always just seemed like it was built to encourage boxing of buffers, im not going to sit here and try to outline in what ways but it just does.

11 minutes ago, Aghast said:

1. you can load multiple clients, they've even patched it so you can still load three with complete intention.  Many games you cannot.

2. buffs work out of party in almost every case in every single instance of the game, the only exception is post-awakening tank auras, but GOD+ doesnt even count.

3. about dwarves, they gave them buffs that work out of party and last beyond a dwarf leaving your party.

4. prophets:

4a. have absolutely zero skills that apply to pve beyond root, which is a pvp skill that can be useful in pve from time to time

4b. They have no weapon masteries beyond what a nuker has for physical weapons and no nuker abilities as a mystic.  Would you have a mage buy a sword and start hitting? Lol.

4c. They have absolutely no place in an efficient party because they are deadweight, except as supplemental healers, which literally every other class does better.

4d. Literally every other class in the game, including dwarves and OLs either heals better, or hits harder than a prophet.

5. Eventually they did add auto-buffers to the game, and it literally didnt affect it.  The prophet class was completely removed with the GOD update, if you didnt notice.

6. Loads of "Buff scrolls" exist, which essentially replace the out of party function of a prophet/se/whatever for some adena.  Scrolls dont exist to replace the function of other classes.  There is no spoil scroll or PR scroll or crafting scroll or anything like that.  If you ask me they should be removed but I digress...

7. they added macros to the game like 12 years ago that are literally made for out of party buffing, because they are mostly useless for live play

I recognize people like to play them as did I, but fact of the matter is, prophet is probably one of the best examples that the game is designed with boxes in mind.  Don't get me wrong, you can party your prophet friend or whatever and I'm sure they are useful.  The problem is they are optimal at nothing aside from buffing, which does not require live play aside from pvp.

That's off the top of my head while I'm working on another window.

5 minutes ago, Aghast said:

At one point back in the day Prophets had to sit down for most of a buff round after buffing their whole party, otherwise they'd be struggling for mp to run full buffs when those faded.

That is not a class designed to be enjoyed by anyone being played live.

2 minutes ago, WingsOfSnail said:

At one point back in the day Prophets had to sit down for most of a buff round after buffing their whole party, otherwise they'd be struggling for mp to run full buffs when those faded.

That is not a class designed to be enjoyed by anyone being played live.

Yep it's a thing now too.

3 minutes ago, FatHips said:

1. you can load multiple clients, they've even patched it so you can still load three with complete intention.  Many games you cannot.

2. buffs work out of party in almost every case in every single instance of the game, the only exception is post-awakening tank auras, but GOD+ doesnt even count.

3. about dwarves, they gave them buffs that work out of party and last beyond a dwarf leaving your party.

4. prophets:

4a. have absolutely zero skills that apply to pve beyond root, which is a pvp skill that can be useful in pve from time to time

4b. They have no weapon masteries beyond what a nuker has for physical weapons and no nuker abilities as a mystic.  Would you have a mage buy a sword and start hitting? Lol.

4c. They have absolutely no place in an efficient party because they are deadweight, except as supplemental healers, which literally every other class does better.

4d. Literally every other class in the game, including dwarves and OLs either heals better, or hits harder than a prophet.

5. Eventually they did add auto-buffers to the game, and it literally didnt affect it.  The prophet class was completely removed with the GOD update, if you didnt notice.

6. Loads of "Buff scrolls" exist, which essentially replace the out of party function of a prophet/se/whatever for some adena.  Scrolls dont exist to replace the function of other classes.  There is no spoil scroll or PR scroll or crafting scroll or anything like that.  If you ask me they should be removed but I digress...

7. they added macros to the game like 12 years ago that are literally made for out of party buffing, because they are mostly useless for live play

I recognize people like to play them as did I, but fact of the matter is, prophet is probably one of the best examples that the game is designed with boxes in mind.

That's off the top of my head while I'm working on another window.

that's fair, perhaps its me not ever playing on servers that had boxing allowed before, got used to all supports being played as mains. ( also haven't played after Gracia at all so yeah) 

3 minutes ago, Aghast said:

that's fair, perhaps its me not ever playing on servers that had boxing allowed before, got used to all supports being played as mains. ( also haven't played after Gracia at all so yeah) 

All good man, also, I'm not hating at all.  Just proving a point about game design (Which in the end, is my opinion, but I believe supported by a fair amount of evidence).

I played prophet live until level 78, after that I got wise and boxed a DD :D  In classic I'm more of a masochist and boxing a dorf....

Archived