PK is not how it was back in the day

fubar

So my friend PK'd some guy around his lvl and he got 700 karma and only 2 karma drops for a killed MOB. This is not how it used to be on older chronicles. I remember after your first PK it was enough to kill 1 or 2 MOBS and you lost all karma. 

The way it is now punishes PK too much and kinda turns L2 into another crappy carebear MMO. 

6 minutes ago, fubar said:

So my friend PK'd some guy around his lvl and he got 700 karma and only 2 karma drops for a killed MOB. This is not how it used to be on older chronicles. I remember after your first PK it was enough to kill 1 or 2 MOBS and you lost all karma. 

The way it is now punishes PK too much and kinda turns L2 into another crappy carebear MMO. 

Just think twice before PKing someone. Also, i'm not so sure that you were able to drop karma with 1 or 2 mobs back then. 
You guys are lucky that some carebears forced the remove of item being turned into ashes if dieing as PK 'cause they THINK they can pick up drops from a PK while he's with a full pt. GG with that, lol. 

3 minutes ago, xHaseo said:

Just think twice before PKing someone. Also, i'm not so sure that you were able to drop karma with 1 or 2 mobs back then. 

Ok so maybe it was 5 mobs, I don't remember so well but it definitely wasn't even close to the absurd amount of 350 mobs, lol. Right now PKing is not worth it even if somebody comes over and KS's every single of your mobs. They might just as well remove it from the game.

49 minutes ago, IronMind said:

If you want to play fair pvp, attack flagged players ... What is the point to pk for no gain ?

Like I already said. What if someone comes to your spot and steals all your mobs? You can't do a damn thing about that. You PK him and he just comes back and you're screwed because it will take you 2 hours to drop karma, lol.

10 minutes ago, Arinulis said:

The original game was like this too. It took forever to clear karma. It's like this if you decide to pk, you have to live with the consequences.

It most definitely didn't take killing 300+ mobs on your first pk. That bullshit came way later, in GOD or so. Maybe Gracia.

1 minute ago, nbx said:

It most definitely didn't take killing 300+ mobs on your first pk. That bullshit came way later, in GOD or so. Maybe Gracia.

I think you're getting them confused. I always found it easier to clear karma during Gracia / GOD. I can only go by what I remember from pking back during open beta. But, I remember it being super hard to clear. It was something like 5-7 deaths, since you lost 100 karma per death and hundreds of mobs.

10 minutes ago, Arinulis said:

I think you're getting them confused. I always found it easier to clear karma during Gracia / GOD. I can only go by what I remember from pking back during open beta. But, I remember it being super hard to clear. It was something like 5-7 deaths, since you lost 100 karma per death and hundreds of mobs.

Nah, I'm not confusing them. In fact, when GOT came to Innova, a friend of mine had to start a new character on 55 or so, because it was easier to level a new one to that level than to work off the karma after a few (as in less than 5) PK. It wasn't easy before that, but it didn't take killing hundreds of mobs after a single PK.

2 minutes ago, nbx said:

Nah, I'm not confusing them. In fact, when GOT came to Innova, a friend of mine had to start a new character on 55 or so, because it was easier to level a new one to that level then to work off the karma after a few (as in less than 5) PK. It wasn't easy before that, but it didn't take killing hundreds of mobs after a single PK.

You may be right, 15 years is a long time to try to remember something.

Karma seems a bit too high or slow for pk.  I came from BDO and Karma griefing where people would farm on top of your was a real problem.  The higher we get in level though losing 4% because you will kill will outweigh the hour or 2 you need to take to regain your karma.  

21 hours ago, fubar said:

If you dont have balls to run with Karma, you shuld just leave or dont PK

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2018 at 1:20 PM, yum said:

there's only ONE solution for little baby back biznatch mode:

make item drop occur when you die from a monster and your name is white

make item drop from PK with FIRST pk count, not 4+ PK count

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS, carebears. (anyone that disagrees with the two points above = mega booties carebears/noobs 100%, no arguing against that, u can cry about it tho)

I dropped MY Mid D WEAPON 3 Times killed by MOBS(NOT PK) and managed to find it where I Died... 4th Time I lost it(No System Messages then... so prolly got RMTd) and PK's were nearly ALWAYS FAR FROM TP SPOT(I think it was 20+ mobs... But my PK days were more C3-C4)

Archived