Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Glock

Multi boxing the problem that keeps server overfilled

Recommended Posts

Glock    39

Howdy, so I'm all for boxing 3 accounts, but I've seen people with 7+ chars doing q and lvling, now what in the actual f. who needs 7 chars, I've made videos but maybe post later, couse mods won't review them anyways, i mean you have to have 3 pc's to run 7 chars, how is this even allowed

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hyperlite    13

i don't really have an issue with this personally.

I made an sps, se and ee for my 3 accounts. If i had a 2nd laptop, I would totally make a dwarf, bd and prophet to play as well and eventually pair the bd and pp with my nuker while the dwarf stays in town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sweetness    22
15 minutes ago, Glock said:

Howdy, so I'm all for boxing 3 accounts, but I've seen people with 7+ chars doing q and lvling, now what in the actual f. who needs 7 chars, I've made videos but maybe post later, couse mods won't review them anyways, i mean you have to have 3 pc's to run 7 chars, how is this even allowed

The problem isn't multibox, the problem is fishing and thousands of people being afk doing  it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ViciousL2    23
7 minutes ago, Hyperlite said:

i don't really have an issue with this personally.

I made an sps, se and ee for my 3 accounts. If i had a 2nd laptop, I would totally make a dwarf, bd and prophet to play as well and eventually pair the bd and pp with my nuker while the dwarf stays in town.

So, you don't have much friends, huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ViciousL2    23
4 minutes ago, Sweetness said:

The problem isn't multibox, the problem is fishing and thousands of people being afk doing  it. 

They do that BECAUSE of multiboxing. How you don't get it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buffalol    4
12 minutes ago, Hyperlite said:

i don't really have an issue with this personally.

I made an sps, se and ee for my 3 accounts. If i had a 2nd laptop, I would totally make a dwarf, bd and prophet to play as well and eventually pair the bd and pp with my nuker while the dwarf stays in town.

How the bleep can you play 6 dudes on 2 computers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xion    0

wuou obvius they dont whant fix the problem loggin to fast, 1 server pirate work more fast to fix this, they are wining adena in real life.

very dificult to fix this? they need more than 7 days? good joke...

pay to vip if u whant play xDDD and when u pay go leveling in the simulator spider  or go other zones and win 0 adena oh wait u need bss send ur house and buy nc coin, 

exactly why they going to work fast fix this problems? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FatHips    237
28 minutes ago, Buffalol said:

How the bleep can you play 6 dudes on 2 computers

I use to play 7 on one, and it's a lot easier than on 2 i'll tell you that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FatHips    237
37 minutes ago, Sweetness said:

The problem isn't multibox, the problem is fishing and thousands of people being afk doing  it. 

fishing and the event.

Guess what happens when you disable fishing? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Decayed    24
49 minutes ago, Sweetness said:

The problem isn't multibox, the problem is fishing and thousands of people being afk doing  it. 

And people afking for chests at ROD.  That's ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Decayed    24
12 minutes ago, FatHips said:

fishing and the event.

Guess what happens when you disable fishing? :P

The event is so dumb.  Clearly not intended this way but if you go out to ROA or ROD you will see so many there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MMOBlitz    10
56 minutes ago, Sweetness said:

The problem isn't multibox, the problem is fishing and thousands of people being afk doing  it. 

That's an in game mechanic that is even facilitated by a free ten day pole awarded by a quest. I wish you all would get off the afk fishing kick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FatHips    237
Just now, MMOBlitz said:

That's an in game mechanic that is even facilitated by a free ten day pole awarded by a quest. I wish you all would get off the afk fishing kick.

it is an in game mechanic (one that shouldn't be there, or at least freemium), that causes a lot of server problems.

Same with pets, they removed them for the same reason.  There is logic to disable it beyond just the fact it breaks the game in some small ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MMOBlitz    10
Just now, FatHips said:

it is an in game mechanic (one that shouldn't be there, or at least freemium), that causes a lot of server problems.

Same with pets, they removed them for the same reason.  There is logic to disable it beyond just the fact it breaks the game in some small ways.

Fair enough but it's there and i'm sure there are other ways to address the queue than to remove part of the game (yes even if it's a small part). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hyperlite    13
59 minutes ago, ViciousL2 said:

So, you don't have much friends, huh?

why would you think that?

im a single dad, i have a job and i have a life. not everyone can jump on and xp with a random group for 3-4 hours. sometimes i can hop on and play for 20-40 mins. in order to do that, i have to have characters at my disposal to support what I need to m,ake efficient XP.

I still hop into vent/TS/discord with live humans to interact. I'm just not going to join an AOE party with 8 other people if I can not give them more than 20-40 mins of my time.When I have the time to do random parties, I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hyperlite    13
31 minutes ago, FatHips said:

I use to play 7 on one, and it's a lot easier than on 2 i'll tell you that.

 

1 pc always easier than 2 pc

 

also, hi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FatHips    237
22 minutes ago, Hyperlite said:

 

1 pc always easier than 2 pc

 

also, hi

I recall lots of ebay on a human fighter of some sort?

did I win the prize? Hello :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xandori    10

I'd just remove multi-boxing altogether on one PC, but then you'd would get people bitching about how its unfair to allow people with more than one computer to run other clients. Yet, boxing has become pretty much a necessity for L2 and people are unable / unwilling to play without doing it. It is unhealthy for the game overall and for the "community". An unpopular opinion, I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SOiL    24

The solution was simple, pay to play. 10$ per month without any stupid VIP bonuses even if I paid for it cause I can't wait the Q. But this 10$ per month could be wonderful in all ways. Server is opened so they can't take that back, also they can't kick people that fishing with 10 boxes or whatever.

Edited by SOiL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×