Classic Unscheduled Server Maintenance: Thursday, October 11, 2018

Hime

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Hime said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 3pm PDT / 6pm EDT / 2300 GMT+1 and ending at approximately 4:30 pm PDT / 7:30 pm EDT / 0030 GMT+1. Estimated downtime is 1.5 hours.

With this maintenance:

• A potential fix for the queue kick (‘client will be closed) error will be applied.
  • Fixed an issue where the XP Loss Upon Death was 10% instead of 4%.
  • Adena Quantity, Item Drops, and Spoil Rates have been permanently increased for all monsters.
    • All raid bosses and quest rewards will remain unaffected by this change.
    • Several monster types will have a range of 50%~150% change in their drop table
  • Fixed an issue where monsters gave significantly lower XP in the following hunting zones:
    • Dion Hills
    • Ancient Battleground Wasteland
    • Plains of Dion
    • Bee Hive
    • Windy Hill
    • Immortal Plateau, Southern Region
    • Eastern Mining Zone

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

Thank you babyyy !! goo goo NcSoft NA :x

2 minutes ago, Dr1MaR said:

Dissapointed in L2 community in general. Please don't ever scream about hardcore in L2 anymore, casual carebears. Thanks for killing the fun with all your crying!

what are you talking about, it wasnt suppose to be like this in the first place. Have you ever played classic before? i don't think you have.

9 minutes ago, Shakedown said:

Pretty sure he's just looking for an actual original L2 experience, completely irrelevant to private servers....

Although retail was 5pks for drops.

'Original l2 experience', i said it once and imma say it twice : full drop on death while WHITE was removed in C5/Interlude. 3 years after L2 was released. After that L2 had no drops from white mobs FOR 12 YEARS. So if he ragequitted L2 12 years ago, he can stay away if he dislike this sooo much. 
Oh and i say this while i can make a huge profit tho, i've my own dualbox healer with me and i see LOTS of players dieing from mobs, i may be rich by now. Fact is : we don't have it and we wont. He's repeating the same thing over and over and over again since D1. 

1 minute ago, GiNOO said:

i totally agree, the 50% runes shouldn't be there at all, Just like soulshots.

keeping the rates the same for the freeloaders and +300% rates for VIP would have been the ideal solution, along with removing everything non-cosmetic from the store

but I'll take what I can get, also I redid the math a few different ways, I am pretty sure the rates will fall roughly 56-94% of the EU classic rates (with VIP4, nothing else matters).  It'll be easy enough to test with adena drops vs the L2wiki site.

2 minutes ago, xHaseo said:

'Original l2 experience', i said it once and imma say it twice : full drop on death while WHITE was removed in C5/Interlude. 3 years after L2 was released. After that L2 had no drops from white mobs FOR 12 YEARS. So if he ragequitted L2 12 years ago, he can stay away if he dislike this sooo much. 
Oh and i say this while i can make a huge profit tho, i've my own dualbox healer with me and i see LOTS of players dieing from mobs, i may be rich by now. Fact is : we don't have it and we wont. He's repeating the same thing over and over and over again since D1. 

You do realize c5 is exactly when the game turned to shit and started to die right?

44 minutes ago, yum said:

What's your issue with allowing the game, in terms of dropping items and PKing, to operate as it always has operated from Prelude-Chronicle 3?

No issue, but I just think it was exploited by certain mechanics like fake death.

but was i right?

1 minute ago, FastFest said:

@Hime

Thanks for keeping us posted. Is the team looking to compensate the players for the issues we've been facing this past week?

This might be just me, BUT, if the drops are actually O.K I don't need any compensation for the past week. Sht happens, we can forgive IF they will deliver what the majority of the players are asking !

Just now, Shakedown said:

Game was almost perfect back then.

Remember when you could heal mobs without flagging?  Or heal without flagging?  There were so many broken parts, but I agree there is a certain nostalgia.

However I don't think dropping weapons when dying to a mob means it's a better game.  People who want that are looking to exploit it.

Just now, Decayed said:

Remember when you could heal mobs without flagging?  Or heal without flagging?  There were so many broken parts, but I agree there is a certain nostalgia.

However I don't think dropping weapons when dying to a mob means it's a better game.  People who want that are looking to exploit it.

Griefing was a huge part of the game, I prefer to have it. But I won't cry about not having it ^^

Just now, Decayed said:

or ganging the antharas at 1% with 2 parties of bishops and you heal it back to full health?

I hope I am wrong but I have the feeling that this update will be a big lie. Till now, we experienced a drop rate (adena + items) of 1/4 to 1/5 from normal drop rate. So, to get back to 1x, the update should increase drop rate by 400% to 500% because percentage is applied to current drop rate. So, by example, the drop will be increased from 12 adena to 18 till 30 adena instead of 48 to 60 adena(and 12 adena is a happy example a good amount of money, many times I was getting 6 to 8 adena).

55 minutes ago, Hime said:

• A potential fix for the queue kick (‘client will be closed) error will be applied.

This one will be an interesting update.... people will stay in queue now much longer because all those free slots to get in the game were caused by other people getting dc in waiting screen. Now that this problem will be sorted, people will stay in queue for many hours because anyway server settings will not allow to pass the max limit and everytime a VIP will log, on max limit reached, a non VIP char will be kicked out of the game by critical error.

Archived