Forums

Classic Unscheduled Server Maintenance: Thursday, October 11, 2018

Hime

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Shakedown said:

No, its because of Bsoes and instances ^^

Instances came into L2 way LATER. L2 became full instanced after GOD release, before that, instances were like 1% of the full game. MAYBE some raid bosses had it, like CC for baylor or the seeds...but since i never went for those instances in pre-god, i have no clue if you could enter the seed and fight inside the seed against the others. I mean SOD and SOI, SOA was not instanced. And about BSOE...i bet you guys were SOOO against it that you never used one. Always died like a real man on both PVP or PVE. GZ guys, you were true legends! 

Just now, xHaseo said:

Instances came into L2 way LATER. L2 became full instanced after GOD release, before that, instances were like 1% of the full game. MAYBE some raid bosses had it, like CC for baylor or the seeds...but since i never went for those instances in pre-god, i have no clue if you could enter the seed and fight inside the seed against the others. I mean SOD and SOI, SOA was not instanced. And about BSOE...i bet you guys were SOOO against it that you never used one. Always died like a real man on both PVP or PVE. GZ guys, you were true legends! 

Im pretty sure they added those instanced trial things in c5. with kamaels or some shit.

Just now, xHaseo said:

the downfall started in c4 when many people quitted because of the subclass quests and clans asking billions to let people do the raid...and im not even mentioning baium 

7 minutes ago, Shakedown said:

Im pretty sure they added those instanced trial things in c5. with kamaels or some shit.

Not really. Just a few things were instanced back there. Not sure about the epics such as Antharas/Valakas and Baium (but i'm 99% sure they were not instanced but dungeons). MAYBE the first instance was Frintezza and later Freya. But even so, Frintezza was ONE instance. Also Freya was introduced way later. 

8 minutes ago, airfathaaaaa said:

the downfall started in c4 when many people quitted because of the subclass quests and clans asking billions to let people do the raid...and im not even mentioning baium 

I do remember those times. Back when being "KOS" was the WORST thing ever. And why you think everything got changed over the years? People were qqing 'cause they could do shit and so they had to find a way to make things easier and possible for anyone. Another reason why PK got nerfed. 

L2 history should teach you guys, but seems like you wanna repeat the same mistakes over and over and over again.

Just now, xHaseo said:

Not really. Just a few things were instanced back there. Not sure about the epics such as Antharas/Valakas and Baium (but i'm 99% sure they were not instanced but dungeons). MAYBE the first instance was Frintezza and later Freya. But even so, Frintezza was ONE instance. Also Freya was introduced way later. 

I do remember those times. Back when being "KOS" was the WORST thing ever. And why you think everything got changed over the years? People were qqing 'cause they could do shit and so they had to find a way to make things easier and possible for anyone. Another reason why PK got nerfed. 

L2 history should teach you guys, but seems like you wanna repeat the same mistakes over and over and over again.

What you're saying is they catered to all the people who didnt want to pvp and the game died...

You're arguments are really really flawed man.

1 hour ago, Hime said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 3pm PDT / 6pm EDT / 2300 GMT+1 and ending at approximately 4:30 pm PDT / 7:30 pm EDT / 0030 GMT+1. Estimated downtime is 1.5 hours.

With this maintenance:

• A potential fix for the queue kick (‘client will be closed) error will be applied.
  • Fixed an issue where the XP Loss Upon Death was 10% instead of 4%.
  • Adena Quantity, Item Drops, and Spoil Rates have been permanently increased for all monsters.
    • All raid bosses and quest rewards will remain unaffected by this change.
    • Several monster types will have a range of 50%~150% change in their drop table
  • Fixed an issue where monsters gave significantly lower XP in the following hunting zones:
    • Dion Hills
    • Ancient Battleground Wasteland
    • Plains of Dion
    • Bee Hive
    • Windy Hill
    • Immortal Plateau, Southern Region
    • Eastern Mining Zone

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

Any news about fixing the Grim Collector quest (reward of skeletons should be 2k adena instead of 100a)

And also, hunt off the black lion, quesst in execution ground is BUGGED, it doesnt drop any CARGO BOX!!!

1 hour ago, Hime said:

• Adena Quantity, Item Drops, and Spoil Rates have been permanently increased for all monsters.
    • Several monster types will have a range of 50%~150% change in their drop table

Please provide the concrete rate. 1x standard rate and VIP3-4 with their increased rate is fine by me. 

@HimeDepend on how good you are going to implement those changes & if the rates will be restored to what it should be then every major issue is going to be resolved & I'm happy for that except for one issue that you didn't say anything, the infinite queue lines, people are still unable to log in the game & play between 1:00 PM to 1:00 AM GMT+3 for 12 hours when most people want to sit & play for a few hours, what about this very serious problem? you have seen how many new threads people continue to create every day since the server launch because they are unable to log in the game, I haven't seen anyone say anything about that we would like to hear if NC West plan to do anything about that, so are you planning anything to resolve this situation, is this even a high priority thing you are planning to resolve soon by offering some kind of solution or you are going to leave this horrible situation to continue like that without doing anything?

1 hour ago, Hime said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 3pm PDT / 6pm EDT / 2300 GMT+1 and ending at approximately 4:30 pm PDT / 7:30 pm EDT / 0030 GMT+1. Estimated downtime is 1.5 hours.

With this maintenance:

• A potential fix for the queue kick (‘client will be closed) error will be applied.
  • Fixed an issue where the XP Loss Upon Death was 10% instead of 4%.
  • Fixed an issue where monsters gave significantly lower XP in the following hunting zones:
    • Dion Hills
    • Ancient Battleground Wasteland
    • Plains of Dion
    • Bee Hive
    • Windy Hill
    • Immortal Plateau, Southern Region
    • Eastern Mining Zone

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

abcabcabcabc

Interesting wording.  "Adena Quantity, Item Drops, and Spoil rates have been permanently increased for all monsters."  Note there are no percentages given.  For all we know, the increase could be as little as 5% or 1% for most monsters.

Then, separately, "Several [not all, just several, probably more like a few] monster types will have a range of 50%-150% change in their drop [no mention of spoils or adena] table."

So, all mobs will have their adena/drop/spoil rates increased by an unknown amount (probably marginally at best).

"Several" mobs will have their drop rate (but maybe not adena or spoil rates, unclear) increased by 50% or more and at least one monster type (maybe or maybe not more, unclear) will have its rate increase by 150%.  

Granted, I'm an attorney and I parse words for a living, but this could hardly be less clear or, frankly, less promising.  Please clarify if possible and I guess we'll see for real soon.

Just now, Lawman said:

Interesting wording.  "Adena Quantity, Item Drops, and Spoil rates have been permanently increased for all monsters."  Note there are no percentages given.  For all we know, the increase could be as little as 5% or 1% for most monsters.

Then, separately, "Several [not all, just several, probably more like a few] monster types will have a range of 50%-150% change in their drop [no mention of spoils or adena] table."

So, all mobs will have their adena/drop/spoil rates increased by an unknown amount (probably marginally at best).

"Several" mobs will have their drop rate (but maybe not adena or spoil rates, unclear) increased by 50% or more and at least one monster type (maybe or maybe not more, unclear) will have its rate increase by 150%.  

Granted, I'm an attorney and I parse words for a living, but this could hardly be less clear or, frankly, less promising.  Please clarify if possible and I guess we'll see for real soon.

https://m.imgur.com/yNhe8o4

14 minutes ago, Shakedown said:

What you're saying is they catered to all the people who didnt want to pvp and the game died...

You're arguments are really really flawed man.

The game died WAY LATER. I remember the game being really active even in C5/Interlude even AFTER we lost the drops when dead on mob. No clue of what numbers we're talking about 'cause back then i was really young and not into such things, i was pretty much a carebear (even 'cause i was a BD back then).
But you guys keep blabling that L2 died after C4 and all the things you come up with is : "L2 died 'cause they removed drops from mobs when white. Bsoes. Instances. Blabla!". No. Bots, scripts and later on (after GOD) insane p2w and even instances. This screwed up L2. Not a pretty much useless feature being removed ("i can't grief bots anymore qq i must learn how to craft now qq") or a scroll. 

Archived