Jump to content
Forums

Classic Unscheduled Server Maintenance: Thursday, October 11, 2018


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 3pm PDT / 6pm EDT / 2300 GMT+1 and ending at approximately 4:30 pm PDT / 7:30 pm EDT / 0030 GMT+1. Estimated downtime

I will get to your questions after I have some lunch. I'm starving. T-T Hang tight. Be back soon.

We may come up earlier than the extended downtime. Stay tuned!

1 hour ago, Hime said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 3pm PDT / 6pm EDT / 2300 GMT+1 and ending at approximately 4:30 pm PDT / 7:30 pm EDT / 0030 GMT+1. Estimated downtime is 1.5 hours.

With this maintenance:

  • A potential fix for the queue kick (‘client will be closed) error will be applied.
  • Fixed an issue where the XP Loss Upon Death was 10% instead of 4%.
  • Adena Quantity, Item Drops, and Spoil Rates have been permanently increased for all monsters.
    • All raid bosses and quest rewards will remain unaffected by this change.
    • Several monster types will have a range of 50%~150% change in their drop table
  • Fixed an issue where monsters gave significantly lower XP in the following hunting zones:
    • Dion Hills
    • Ancient Battleground Wasteland
    • Plains of Dion
    • Bee Hive
    • Windy Hill
    • Immortal Plateau, Southern Region
    • Eastern Mining Zone

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

Thank you very much for your effort.I love this game

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xHaseo said:

The game died WAY LATER. I remember the game being really active even in C5/Interlude even AFTER we lost the drops when dead on mob. No clue of what numbers we're talking about 'cause back then i was really young and not into such things, i was pretty much a carebear (even 'cause i was a BD back then).
But you guys keep blabling that L2 died after C4 and all the things you come up with is : "L2 died 'cause they removed drops from mobs when white. Bsoes. Instances. Blabla!". No. Bots, scripts and later on (after GOD) insane p2w and even instances. This screwed up L2. Not a pretty much useless feature being removed ("i can't grief bots anymore qq i must learn how to craft now qq") or a scroll. 

Seems like we have different views on when the game died.

Agree to disagree.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shakedown said:

Seems like we have different views on when the game died.

Agree to disagree.

Indeed...but don't mistake it. One thing is "L2 died since X..." and another thing is "FOR ME L2 died since X". 
IMHO the real downfall started after GOD. Even tho i really liked it before the L2Store screwed the server with OP items and game became trash with +10 armor bonues or SS boosts when OEing. 
But yes, we got different PoV so...peace ~

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • L2 Team
1 hour ago, Snoozel said:

Can you tell us how much it has increased @Hime

 

1 hour ago, CoffeeTime said:

So Drops depending on Area's will be boosted by 50-150%. How much % the Adena Quantity will be boosted? How much % Spoil Rates will be boosted?

 

1 hour ago, Hime said:
 
  • Adena Quantity, Item Drops, and Spoil Rates have been permanently increased for all monsters.
    • All raid bosses and quest rewards will remain unaffected by this change.
    • Several monster types will have a range of 50%~150% change in their drop table

The Adena Quantity, Item Drops, and Spoil Rates increase is also between the range of 50%~200%. After the maintenance when you log in game, you will notice a very significant increase.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice, lets up the login fix works so people will calm down a bit. I'm super happy about the fix to the borked xp some mobs ere giving. Patience is a virtue.

 

Edit: Thank you Hime for keeping us in the loop. I'm sure the past week or so has been hectic.

Edited by Xandori
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hime said:

 

 

The Adena Quantity, Item Drops, and Spoil Rates increase is also between the range of 50%~200%. After the maintenance when you log in game, you will notice a very significant increase.

..love you? :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

FatHips, as noted in my last post, the wording is strikingly unclear.  But let's assume the average increase is 100% for all drop, adena and spoil rates (a VERY optimistic assumption).  Since people are saying the current rate is .25, the new rate would be .50, a 100% increase on average (probably less for spoils since they seem to have been nerfed even more).  The VIP4 Increase currently applies only to drops and there is no suggestion that will change.  So, under these assumptions, VIP4 will get adena and spoil rates of .50 and drop rates of .75.  We'll see how this works in practice, but it probably is not enough to bring me back.  

BTW, my guess is that the greatest changes will be early on, so it will look substantially better.  The smallest changes will be later on when the wall will still be pretty real, to continue the need to rely on the L2Store.  And I'll bet they don't tell us what percentages were applied to which monster groups.  Sorry to be so cynical, but the vagueness in the wording above does not promote optimism.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lawman said:

FatHips, as noted in my last post, the wording is strikingly unclear.  But let's assume the average increase is 100% for all drop, adena and spoil rates (a VERY optimistic assumption).  Since people are saying the current rate is .25, the new rate would be .50, a 100% increase on average (probably less for spoils since they seem to have been nerfed even more).  The VIP4 Increase currently applies only to drops and there is no suggestion that will change.  So, under these assumptions, VIP4 will get adena and spoil rates of .50 and drop rates of .75.  We'll see how this works in practice, but it probably is not enough to bring me back.  

BTW, my guess is that the greatest changes will be early on, so it will look substantially better.  The smallest changes will be later on when the wall will still be pretty real, to continue the need to rely on the L2Store.  And I'll bet they don't tell us what percentages were applied to which monster groups.  Sorry to be so cynical, but the vagueness in the wording above does not promote optimism.

There is no vagueness in the wording at all, we just don't know the base value that those changes will be applied too. Our assumptions are that the base value is very low and that the changes will be applied to that, but on the other hand, it could be a change to the actual base. Either way, it is best to just take a neutral PoV about everything and see how it goes. I understand your cynicism, but I disagree that the listed changes do not promote optimisim. This is a good change, and one we've been asking for, so be happy about seeing NCWest responding to our concerns in a quick timeframe (considering the process everything has to go through). Not bitching at you at all, since I really do understand where you're coming from, I just think we need to dial our mistrust back a bit.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lawman said:

@Himewill the VIP4 50% bonus apply only to drops, or to adena and spoils as well?  Thanks.

 

14 minutes ago, Hime said:

 

The Adena Quantity, Item Drops, and Spoil Rates increase is also between the range of 50%~200%. After the maintenance when you log in game, you will notice a very significant increase.

 

7 minutes ago, Juji said:

Item Drops.

Wait.  Which one is correct? @Juji @Hime

Edited by Decayed
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hime said:

 

 

The Adena Quantity, Item Drops, and Spoil Rates increase is also between the range of 50%~200%. After the maintenance when you log in game, you will notice a very significant increase.

can you please tell us why you did it? current rates were simply perfect even for us, f2p players

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Hime unpinned this topic

×
×
  • Create New...