New Rate Calculations (Estimates)

FatHips

Taken from another post, because peopl are going to ask.

Keep in mind this is my best guess.  I did the math a few different ways, and this is the only one that makes sense to me.  This is open source, so feel free to offer opinions!

(0.25 * (1+(0.5 to 1.5)))*1.5

0.25 = the estimate of current rates

1 = the base rate of Skelth

0.5 to 1.5 = the range of change they mentioned (50-150%)

old rate base rate range of change deadweight VIP1 (+10%) VIP2 (+20%) VIP3 (+30%) VIP4 (+50%)
0.25 1 +0.5 38% 41% 45% 49% 56%
0.25 1 +1.0 50% 55% 60% 65% 75%
0.25 1 +1.5 63% 69% 75% 81% 94%

Discuss

imo, deadweights got a hell of a deal if you compare to Japan etc.  I'm afraid this will provide too little incentive for people to purchase VIP packs and therefore lead to pay2win garbage.

Just now, Kabala said:

So VIP4, more or less, will get x1 rates. Not bad :)

And..Free players? No ? C'mon! Count them too :D

63% is sustainable in my opinion.  The current rate was almost possible.  They are deadweights after all, the goal of NC should be to encourage them to obtain VIP status after trying the game, not to support a permanently non-paying customer base, that's just bad business.

Just now, FatHips said:

63% is sustainable in my opinion.  The current rate was almost possible.  They are deadweights after all, the goal of NC should be to encourage them to obtain VIP status after trying the game, not to support a permanently non-paying customer base, that's just bad business.

I..don't agree here. People who are f2p players, will mostly remain f2p players no matter what. Mostly, because they don't have $. And that's fine, because they help Paying players a lot. They spoil, they take full drops and they sell andso, they are helping the economy and the health of the server.

Limiting free players will hurt the economy a lot and also they will start getting frustrated since they will hit a wall at some point, and they will /quit , making the server less and less populated.

Free Players = Free Advertising !

2 minutes ago, FatHips said:

the majority of every server private or not is free players they are the ones that sustain the economy of the game and if you remove that then all hell brakes lose

11 minutes ago, airfathaaaaa said:

the majority of every server private or not is free players they are the ones that sustain the economy of the game and if you remove that then all hell brakes lose

How does that make sense when the peak of this game was pay to play????

13 minutes ago, Kabala said:

I..don't agree here. People who are f2p players, will mostly remain f2p players no matter what. Mostly, because they don't have $. And that's fine, because they help Paying players a lot. They spoil, they take full drops and they sell andso, they are helping the economy and the health of the server.

Limiting free players will hurt the economy a lot and also they will start getting frustrated since they will hit a wall at some point, and they will /quit , making the server less and less populated.

Free Players = Free Advertising !

I agree with this. Also because we WANT the player base - the more people in l2 the better - and for the first time in NA we have a chance to make that happen (long term - think bartz fights when transfers opened)

So, the middle range one then.

Thanks @dopaxe

While unobtainable for all, the business vision for NC should be to convert all of their free to players into pay to players and then to expand their free base, and rinse and repeat.

Free to play has a lot of benefits, but a heavy cost too.  I don't think anyone wants a pay to win game, so in order for us not to get it, the VIP status has to be attractive enough to support the servers.  There are two ways to do that, you can either make freemium "lite" or you can make VIP "pay to win."  I vote for the former.

I also do not accept that free players are the future of the game, it survived just fine on pay to play model (just as WoW does today) -- the game actually died after going free.  That's all opinion, though.

One thing that is fact is, the VIP and the L2Store will have to bring enough income in to support the servers or they will have to make changes to either the VIP package or to the store.  

necessity is the mother of invention.  those free players will likely be willing to do a lot of things the vips won't want to bother with.  what I am referring to specifically is ..I have no idea, I'm vip and I don't care.

1 hour ago, spoobg said:

"0.5 to 1.5 = the range of change they mentioned (50-150%)"

How come the word 'several' became = 'all'?

• --->Several<--- monster types will have a range of 50%~150% change in their drop table

It wasnt on 0.5 it was on 0.25

You have to also keep in mind that if you have vip 4 you level faster, which means you kill more mobs to get from point a to point b, which means less by the time you get there.  To fix this, they usually increase drop rates via the amount of extra exp you get.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I'm taking my percentages from the above chart.  VIP4 will get 50% of the original adena and spoil rates just like the free to play players, because, as you point out, they get no bonuses on those.  They will get a 50% bonus, or 75% (.50 times 1.5) on item drops only.

3 hours ago, FatHips said:

So, the middle range one then.

Thanks @dopaxe

While unobtainable for all, the business vision for NC should be to convert all of their free to players into pay to players and then to expand their free base, and rinse and repeat.

Free to play has a lot of benefits, but a heavy cost too.  I don't think anyone wants a pay to win game, so in order for us not to get it, the VIP status has to be attractive enough to support the servers.  There are two ways to do that, you can either make freemium "lite" or you can make VIP "pay to win."  I vote for the former.

I also do not accept that free players are the future of the game, it survived just fine on pay to play model (just as WoW does today) -- the game actually died after going free.  That's all opinion, though.

One thing that is fact is, the VIP and the L2Store will have to bring enough income in to support the servers or they will have to make changes to either the VIP package or to the store.  

I feel the game died during the f2p when they added actual pay to win items in the store, such as destruction scrolls.. brooches.. immunity shirts..

10 hours ago, dopaxe said:

I feel the game died during the f2p when they added actual pay to win items in the store, such as destruction scrolls.. brooches.. immunity shirts..

I'd call that the nail in the coffin, but yeah that totally killed it off for anyone who could swallow GOD

Archived