Forums

Offline Shop Why Not?

1 minute ago, Fizer said:

No this is not. The smart solution:  You can use boxes if u have atleast 1 VIP on them. This is a smart solution. 

Yeah, if you want better monetization, and do not care really to solve the problem with the AFK players. Indeed, this is smarter. Greedy, but will bring money without fixing anything.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Ikcen said:

L2J is a server code written on Java. It is not shit, bad, or anything else - just written on Java. To write about codding you need at least a slightest idea what you are talking about. Obviously you have not such. Many private servers now use L2OFF - the official code or close to it written on C++. All have offline shops.

No, what they have is extenders that are written in c++ it is these extenders that give offline functionality. I love it when you L2J noobs think you know programming.

2 minutes ago, Ikcen said:

Yeah, if you want better monetization, and do not care really to solve the problem with the AFK players. Indeed, this is smarter. Greedy, but will bring money without fixing anything.

omg.... 

41 minutes ago, Arinulis said:

No, what they have is extenders that are written in c++ it is these extenders that give offline functionality. I love it when you L2J noobs think you know programming.

Dude, stop. This is not a hair cut. No extensions there. Stop that idiotism please. In fact the L2OFF servers use the original L2 code, without or with minimum private made fixes, so in general they have more bugs, as they do not get the official fixes. But they have offline shops.

And for your personal information - the software of the most nuclear plants is written on Java. So you are in a grave danger :) 

43 minutes ago, Fizer said:

omg.... 

Tell me one valid reason against the offline shops.

1 hour ago, Ikcen said:

Dude, stop. This is not a hair cut. No extensions there. Stop that idiotism please. In fact the L2OFF servers use the original L2 code, without or with minimum private made fixes, so in general they have more bugs, as they do not get the official fixes. But they have offline shops.

And for your personal information - the software of the most nuclear plants is written on Java. So you are in a grave danger :) 

Tell me one valid reason against the offline shops.

Maybe in your country it's written in Java. Most places that rely on statistical data use R and Python and C# for all other stuff. These are the three languages I use on a daily basis, but, then again I don't work on nuclear plants. I only work on weapons guidance systems.

Private servers use injection this is why extenders exist. They inject code within the extender dll into official code. NC soft wouldn't do that, they would have to rewrite the server and client code to do this. Like I said, what you are suggesting, while possible is never going to happen.

2 hours ago, Ikcen said:

I will take this .. kind of monetization every day and night VS .. a P2W type of monetization with Enchant scrolls and such in the cash shop.

Sure, there is a probability we might see those in the future, but until then, is OK!

4 hours ago, Arinulis said:

Maybe in your country it's written in Java. Most places that rely on statistical data use R and Python and C# for all other stuff. These are the three languages I use on a daily basis, but, then again I don't work on nuclear plants. I only work on weapons guidance systems.

Private servers use injection this is why extenders exist. They inject code within the extender dll into official code. NC soft wouldn't do that, they would have to rewrite the server and client code to do this. Like I said, what you are suggesting, while possible is never going to happen.

You even do not get the joke for the nuclear plant and the RMA. And you have no idea from coding - this is so obvious, so do not even try. Injected code with extender dll :) So ridiculously funny. Now use your pangalactic gargleblaster and fly please. I really hate people who lie in the forums like you trying to use the lack of knowledge of the common user.  To make offline shops is easy. There is not even one objective reason against them. Will they fix the queue - probably no, as there are too many AFK fishers, or AFK players who stay for boxes, or AFK players who stay afraid form the queue. But the offline shops will be a good step in the right direction as they will fix the AFK buyers, sellers and crafters. Many things made on the private servers improve the game. Even the antibot software is better on some of them. As there the competition is cruel everyone is trying to give the best gameplay to the customers.

You even do not get the joke for the nuclear plant and the RMA. And you have no idea from coding - this is so obvious, so do not even try. Injected code with extender dll :) So ridiculously funny. Now use your pangalactic gargleblaster and fly please. I really hate people who lie in the forums like you trying to use the lack of knowledge of the common user.  To make offline shops is easy. There is not even one objective reason against them. Will they fix the queue - probably no, as there are too many AFK fishers, or AFK players who stay for boxes, or AFK players who stay afraid form the queue. But the offline shops will be a good step in the right direction as they will fix the AFK buyers, sellers and crafters. Many things made on the private servers improve the game. Even the antibot software is better on some of them. As there the competition is cruel everyone is trying to give the best gameplay to the customers.

You're too stupid to even attempt to debate with. You obviously don't know how these private servers work, but, keep thinking you know something little man. Maybe, eventually, someone might believe you. 

On 10/11/2018 at 6:01 PM, OficialneMON said:

I see a lot of stores in the game, I think it's a good part of the number of people logged in. Why not deploy the offline store so others can get to play?

Vote in the poll to know the opinion of the players: https://strawpoll.com/87c323ph

Because that is not Lineage 2 and certainly not Classic.  People keep suggesting these to steer away from the real problem.  90% of the shops you see when you login are not even real shops.  People are just afraid to log out.  It's all empty stuff they have setup.  So that shouldn't even be a problem if the server just allows more than mere 6k players which is real issue.  Reducing the people logged on (afk or not) is NOT solution.  ALLOW MORE PLAYERS.

1 minute ago, Arinulis said:

You're too stupid to even attempt to debate with. You obviously don't know how these private servers work, but, keep thinking you know something little man. Maybe, eventually, someone might believe you. 

It is not a debate. You make a false statement, you lie, and you write stupid things, not me. If we forget about the nonsense of impossible technical implementation that exists only in your imagination - do you have any argument against the offline shops?

5 minutes ago, Arinulis said:

You two are quite funny.  Lineage 2 is made with Unreal Engine 2 (current version is UE4 btw).  NC has no control over the engine.  Epic games does and they stopped supporting UE2.

I was actually thinking about this today.  I know the afk dorf shops is part of the L2 culture.  But given the server capacity and the 3 account limit why can’t we utilize something like Path of Exile uses http://poe.trade/.  Where you browse the store and then can PM people who are online and do business that way.  It would also enable us as players to barter. 

1 minute ago, Venu said:

You two are quite funny.  Lineage 2 is made with Unreal Engine 2 (current version is UE4 btw).  NC has no control over the engine.  Epic games does and they stopped supporting UE2.

UE2 uses C++ in general. It is an engine, but not a language. And they can make any changes in the game - the prove is the existence of L2 Classic. It is not the old L2 before GoD.

Make the fishing, and the shops offline, like all the private servers did for a good reason, and the queue problem will be solved. To increase the limit is not a good solution as even now there are lags. Indeed there were Russian private servers that let 12 000 or even more players in any moment, but they were very unstable. Also make possible only 1 box for free - for more - VIP.

UE2 uses C++ in general. It is an engine, but not a language. And they can make any changes in the game - the prove is the existence of L2 Classic. It is not the old L2 before GoD.

Make the fishing, and the shops offline, like all the private servers did for a good reason, and the queue problem will be solved. To increase the limit is not a good solution as even now there are lags. Indeed there were Russian private servers that let 12 000 or even more players in any moment, but they were very unstable. Also make possible only 1 box for free - for more - VIP.

I work with Unreal Engine.  It uses UnrealScript.  It's similar to C++ but not quite.  There are limitation to what you can change.  Certainly not "any" changes.

Just now, Venu said:

I work with Unreal Engine.  It uses UnrealScript.  It's similar to C++ but not quite.  There are limitation to what you can change.  Certainly not "any" changes.

Well the core is C++ they upgraded it for the specific purpose. Anyway the offline shops have nothing with the engine, there is not a technical issue. Maybe there are bureaucratic or marketing reasons against, I do not know. But it seems like the best solution for the queue problem. It works, it is tested and proven on the private servers.

8 minutes ago, Ikcen said:

Well the core is C++ they upgraded it for the specific purpose. Anyway the offline shops have nothing with the engine, there is not a technical issue. Maybe there are bureaucratic or marketing reasons against, I do not know. But it seems like the best solution for the queue problem. It works, it is tested and proven on the private servers.

The core certainly is not C++.  But anyway, the offline shops would change the game and is not Lineage 2.  Walking around dwarf shops is major part of Classic Lineage 2 experience.  And I wasn't saying simply increase the limit.  I meant increase the bandwidth, increase the server capacity... to actually ALLOW more players.  You guys are really funny to me that you think 6K player capacity server is Okay.  If it had 100K and still had issues, yea, I may agree with these suggestions.  But they only have server capable of FIFTY EIGHT HUNDRED players and you think that's plenty?  Even without multiboxes or fishers or afk shops, you guys are okay with 5800 players in an MMO?  Really???

7 minutes ago, Venu said:

The core certainly is not C++.  But anyway, the offline shops would change the game and is not Lineage 2.  Walking around dwarf shops is major part of Classic Lineage 2 experience.  And I wasn't saying simply increase the limit.  I meant increase the bandwidth, increase the server capacity... to actually ALLOW more players.  You guys are really funny to me that you think 6K player capacity server is Okay.  If it had 100K and still had issues, yea, I may agree with these suggestions.  But they only have server capable of FIFTY EIGHT HUNDRED players and you think that's plenty?  Even without multiboxes or fishers or afk shops, you guys are okay with 5800 players in an MMO?  Really???

OK, the dwarfs will stay there. But they will be NPCs. I do not see any difference between AFK player, and offline player - both do not play in fact. This is the offline shop - the tune stays, but it is NPC, no connection to a PC, a free line another player to log in. Same with the fishermen. And if they increase the limit, the server will become unstable. Or they have to pay for better servers, which will not gonna happen. How the offline shops will change the game? It is a technical solution without any effect for the gameplay.

1 hour ago, Ikcen said:

It is not a debate. You make a false statement, you lie, and you write stupid things, not me. If we forget about the nonsense of impossible technical implementation that exists only in your imagination - do you have any argument against the offline shops?

Did I say it was impossible? No, I said improbable it would take way too much recoding to get it done. 

1 hour ago, Venu said:

Learn what the hell you're talking about. See that part where it says written in C++, it may use its own scripting language, but the engine itself is written in C++. How the hell does someone who uses UE not know the language it was written in? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreal_Engine

Learn what the hell you're talking about. See that part where it says written in C++, it may use its own scripting language, but the engine itself is written in C++. How the hell does someone who uses UE not know the language it was written in?

LMAO.  Google warrior.  Unreal Engine was written in C++ since version 4.  Go google again LOL.

3 minutes ago, Venu said:

LMAO.  Google warrior.  Unreal Engine was written in C++ since version 4.  Go google again LOL.

No, it was originally written in C++, not since UE4. Come on man. They can call it unreal c++ all they want, they can change the compiler to handle whatever changes to the syntax they put in there, but, at the end of the day, it was always C++. Most if not all engines are written in C++. Crytek Engine was, Valve's engine was, UE was. Again, they all use their own scripting languages, but, the meat and potatoes behind them is C++. 

Also, nice stealth edit. 

2 minutes ago, Arinulis said:

No, it was originally written in C++, not since UE4. Come on man. They can call it unreal c++ all they want, they can change the compiler to handle whatever changes to the syntax they put in there, but, at the end of the day, it was always C++. Most if not all engines are written in C++. Crytek Engine was, Valve's engine was, UE was. Again, they all use their own scripting languages, but, the meat and potatoes behind them is C++. 

Also, nice stealth edit. 

That's very immature.  Sure it may have been influenced by C++.  It actually was influenced more by Java as it says in what you "googled" if you actually read it LMAO.  Every programming language is influenced by previous mainstream language.  Java was influenced by C++ and C++ was obviously influenced by C.  But you can't claim something written in Java was basically C++ can you.

Also, nice stealth edit. 

Now I know you're just a googling kid lol.

1 minute ago, Arinulis said:

Also, nice stealth edit. 

UE is written on C++, UE4 just gives the option to code directly with C++ in the UI. But all that is totally off the topic. If all you could say against the offline shops/fishing is - it is too hard to be implemented, better say nothing. There is not a technical penalty. It is an easy solution. Why NCSoft do not use it, I do not know, probably empty servers and better statistics for the players on paper.

Archived