Adena Rates Still Not Right

Jabronie

Based off of official documentation from the original game, the adena rates are still below 1x.  My testing shows that adena is currently dropping at about 40% of the lowest possible amount and about 70% of the highest. 

Example:  a Puma should be dropping 92-127.  It is currently dropping 38-86.

This rate has been seen on various other mobs as well.  Not sure about the higher levels, but lower level mobs are still lower than 1x.  If this is supposed to be the "classic experience", we should be getting drops at the rate of the classic game.  If anyone has data showing the mobs at higher levels is more in line with 1x, please post your testing results.

Reference material: http://www.lineage2media.com/Downloads/Lineage Ii - Prima Game Guide 2004.pdf

@Hime @Juji

Not everything is going to match lineage 2 from 10 plus years ago. This is a whole new different game. Stop comparing it to that. They buffed it. Buffed it quite abit actually. People are making 10k in 10mins. That's a d grade pretty quickly. So relax and play the game. If u can get past the que. 

Make drops 3x, help make the game a little less grindy, pretty crazy that a top b-grade recipe is like 1/23810 ratio (lance recipe). That's a little bit excessive even if Lineage 2 was brand new game let alone a 15 year old game.

6 hours ago, Jabronie said:

Based off of official documentation from the original game, the adena rates are still below 1x.  My testing shows that adena is currently dropping at about 40% of the lowest possible amount and about 70% of the highest. 

Example:  a Puma should be dropping 92-127.  It is currently dropping 38-86.

This rate has been seen on various other mobs as well.  Not sure about the higher levels, but lower level mobs are still lower than 1x.  If this is supposed to be the "classic experience", we should be getting drops at the rate of the classic game.  If anyone has data showing the mobs at higher levels is more in line with 1x, please post your testing results.

Reference material: http://www.lineage2media.com/Downloads/Lineage Ii - Prima Game Guide 2004.pdf

@Hime @Juji

Just get out already

7 hours ago, Jabronie said:

Based off of official documentation from the original game

See, that's your problem. Classic is NOT the original game. That's a remake that is more like the original than the direction the game took with GOD(or even Kamael and later in some cases), but it's a separate, entirely new game. Well, it's a few years old now. The C in the old stuff stands for Chronicle. When people talk about Classic 1.0 or 1.5, it does NOT mean C1. It has nothing to do with it actually.

The previous rates were correct for Classic 1.0, the only problem was that they announced that the server will start with 1.5 and some of the content from 1.5+.

The current rates are about what was expected from the start, with Classic 1.5.

5 hours ago, Bartosh said:

Make drops 3x, help make the game a little less grindy, pretty crazy that a top b-grade recipe is like 1/23810 ratio (lance recipe). That's a little bit excessive even if Lineage 2 was brand new game let alone a 15 year old game.

Yeah, no. The top B grade is literally THE best stuff in the game, and it will be for months, maybe even more than half a year. That's the current end game content in a hardcore MMO known for being grindy. It should be rare for a long time.

9 hours ago, Bartosh said:

what did you expected? right now B grade is TOP TIER so, a TOP B GRADE WEAPON would be the best weapon in the server you can have. this is LINEAGE 2 HARDCORE so its supposed that you take A LOT OF TIME ( MONTHS ) to get top tier

this is not a private where you play for 1 month then you get tired and then you move to other private... this is a server where you need to invest your time so you can be/have something useful here

Guys please understand this... Lineage 2 IS THIS !!! 

11 hours ago, Euthanaisa said:

Not everything is going to match lineage 2 from 10 plus years ago. This is a whole new different game. Stop comparing it to that. They buffed it. Buffed it quite abit actually. People are making 10k in 10mins. That's a d grade pretty quickly. So relax and play the game. If u can get past the que. 

Where are they doing that at? I need to farm for some money lol.

10 hours ago, Bartosh said:

No drops should not be 3x, this is not a private server. This is what L2 was meant to be.

It's so funny reading these responses.  Both sides are right, of course.  The community asked for rates to be raised by 300% from .25x to 1x.  They were raised an average of 100% (according to Juji).  Hardly what was asked for (hence the continued complaining) but workable (hence the other side saying stop complaining).  Personally, I think it's a pretty good compromise, given the other things that have been done to make the game easier.  My only wish is that they had made the VIP bonus apply to adena and spoils as well as item drops.  But, all in all, they did a good job of finding a balance.

6 minutes ago, Lawman said:

My only wish is that they had made the VIP bonus apply to adena and spoils as well as item drops.

As a VIP, bleep no. I don't even think the drop rate and the ss should be there. XP bonus, buff scrolls and the silver coins are more than enough bonuses.

14 minutes ago, Lawman said:

nbx, we're all entitled to our own opinions.  I respect yours.  I just disagree.  By the way, there are no buff scrolls.  I hadn't though of that, but I wish there were.

There are buff scrolls, the ones given to you as rewards. But, I' sure you stop receiving those the higher level you become.

Archived