Forums

Is the queue "real"? Check this out

I decided to check on my delusions and actually take a stopwatch, and guess what i figured out? It does not matter whether there are 750+ people in queue or 250+ , the queue gets to 0 and/or disconnects you right after 10 minutes (600 seconds). In other words, the server will try to connect/disonnect you right after that 600 second interval has passed. 

@Juji @Hime Please , could you give a comment on that? The queue numbers seem irrelevant and the numbers fall even faster in high number queues as the 10 minute interval approaches to 0.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed this as well, my theory is that they have tried to add a prevention of people logging into the queue and just leaving the pc, so that the client would disconnect if left on the char select screen for 10 minutes.

But it seems that the timer is started as soon as you enter the queue. Because everyone disconnects after 10 minutes it does not matter how many there will be in the queue, the max waiting time is 10 minutes because everyone in front of you will have disconnected already as they have been longer in the queue than you.

Queue will work fine until it hits a threshold of waiting time = 10 minutes, after that it is just a matter of being very lucky that you have enough time to log in before the timer kicks you.

5 minutes ago, Luivatra said:

I noticed this as well, my theory is that they have tried to add a prevention of people logging into the queue and just leaving the pc, so that the client would disconnect if left on the char select screen for 10 minutes.

But it seems that the timer is started as soon as you enter the queue. Because everyone disconnects after 10 minutes it does not matter how many there will be in the queue, the max waiting time is 10 minutes because everyone in front of you will have disconnected already as they have been longer in the queue than you.

Queue will work fine until it hits a threshold of waiting time = 10 minutes, after that it is just a matter of being very lucky that you have enough time to log in before the timer kicks you. 

I get disconnected when the queue reaches 10 or less people mostly, it's like it checks whether it should let me pass or no, and for some reason it decides no.

Just now, InnocentSausage said:

I guess if you were still in queue for the next 20 seconds, you would be logged in ^^

well thats the problem, so theres no real timer set, you can get 10 minutes other ppl 9 minutes it doesnt look like a real timer issue its just some bug I guess

When are you all starting your timer? At the "Play Game" button or the "OK" button right before you enter the queue? My guess is that the 10 minute timer is at the login server level, which you establish your session at the launcher phase after you type your credentials. Game launch time is counted against you.

I believe the 10 minute timer is true. My tests have shown that when I start the time right when I submit my credentials, I get the error at exactly 10 minutes.

Whats is the point to Queue when server capacity is around 5900 and there is 5890 online already.No one logs out and they keep some space for vip members.Only solution is another server for eu and free transfers.American have an options to go to Aden but euro players cant log in cant play, simple. 

Don't start the timer right when you press "OK" after selecting the server. You're already connected to the login server at that point. Start the timer right when the game is launched (after you hit the "Play Game" button).

21 minutes ago, Auxis said:

When are you all starting your timer? At the "Play Game" button or the "OK" button right before you enter the queue? My guess is that the 10 minute timer is at the login server level, which you establish your session at the launcher phase after you type your credentials. Game launch time is counted against you.

I believe the 10 minute timer is true. My tests have shown that when I start the time right when I submit my credentials, I get the error at exactly 10 minutes.

Well i tried waiting 9 minutes at server select screen and got disconnected :)

8 minutes ago, SmileyCyrus said:

I just tried it, with the following result: 

I set a 10 minute timer right when i pressed 'ok' after selecting Giran. Got to character select screen with 15 seconds left, got disconnect with 12 left. 

Going for a 2nd try.

i tried 4 times. same results. 

Here's how I think it's working:

1. Login -> Login Server creates a session for you. At this point, your session timer has started (Let's say 00:00).
  2. Play Game button pushed. (00:05)
  3. The game is launched with the session token.
  4. When game is finished launching, it connects to the login server with the token. (00:20)
  5. Accept the ToS. (00:22)
  6. Select Talking Island and click "OK" (00:25)
  7. At this point, the queue will steadily decrease since everyone will either have joined the Game Server, or will have been disconnected due to their session timer expiring at possibly 10 minutes. If you hit the 10 minute mark before transferring your session to the Game Server (by selecting your character and clicking "Start"), you'll disconnect and your session will remain on the login server (read below).

The reason people are getting the "Account already in use." error is because when you're disconnected from the login server, the session isn't destroyed. The Login Server only removes the session token when it successfully transfers the session to the Game Server or until the user logs in again to create a new session.

Archived