Is the queue "real"? Check this out

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Auxis said:

Here's how I think it's working:

1. Login -> Login Server creates a session for you. At this point, your session timer has started (Let's say 00:00).
  2. Play Game button pushed. (00:05)
  3. The game is launched with the session token.
  4. When game is finished launching, it connects to the login server with the token. (00:20)
  5. Accept the ToS. (00:22)
  6. Select Talking Island and click "OK" (00:25)
  7. At this point, the queue will steadily decrease since everyone will either have joined the Game Server, or will have been disconnected due to their session timer expiring at possibly 10 minutes. If you hit the 10 minute mark before transferring your session to the Game Server (by selecting your character and clicking "Start"), you'll disconnect and your session will remain on the login server (read below).

The reason people are getting the "Account already in use." error is because when you're disconnected from the login server, the session isn't destroyed. The Login Server only removes the session token when it successfully transfers the session to the Game Server or until the user logs in again to create a new session.

If this is true, you should be getting disconnected only by sitting at the server selection screen, without actually placing yourself into a queue. Has anyone tried that?

1 minute ago, Scarce said:

Think about it. Why everyone disconnects at 0 queue or when entering pin? The queue is forced to have a certain length because of the timer and cannot get bigger. Otherwise no one would get to the first place in the queue

If we were all disconnected before reaching the 1st place in queue, then who would be 1st in the queue?? :)

22 minutes ago, Glock said:

So theres no real timer aparently, it just kicks you out randomly

I think there is. 

I tried 3 times now. What i did was the following: I started a 10 minute timer right when I hit 'ok' at server select. All 3 times I get to the end of the queue somewhere around the 10 minute mark (but never áfter) and get dc'd from the character select screen few seconds after (but still, before the 10 minute mark).

Now what this implies to me is the folowing:

1) From the moment you actually make contact with the login-server (which éxact point is not known) a timer starts. If you are not in-game (past the character selection screen) before the timer ends, you will get disconnected.

Now, this would make perfect sense. You dont want a lot of connections to the server which are not actually ingame. That would just mean a lot of traffic without use.

2) Most of the spots you move up in the line are the effect of other people being in line and reaching their timer, not because actual people ingame are logging off or getting disconnected ingame. 

This would explain why you get disconnected everytime you reach the end of the queue. If you would mainly move up in the queue because people log off or get disconnected in the game it self (instead of in the queue) the point you would be at the 10 minute mark would differ every time, instead of practically always being at the end of the line. 

Now, granted I'm right (which I can't prove obviously), the problem is not with the timer itself. Like I said, it even makes sense to have such a timer. If you make the timer longer, the same effect will be there, it will just take longer. If you let a timer start at the character screen instead of after server connection it would only be a part of the solution. In that case you would have a fair chance having to log in, but your que time will be much and much longer. Simply because in that case moving up in the que fully depends on people actually disconnecting (or getting disconected) in the game itself. 

This being said it also seems to make sense why this is so hard to fix. If they remove the timer they may create a problem with useless connections, if they change the timer-time nothing will change, just the time before reaching character select and getting disconnected. If they change the moment they start the timer it does give people a fair chance to login, but for all we know this could increase queue length by insane numbers since noone gets disconnected in the queue anymore. 

So yes, IF there is a timer (which I think there is) the problem still lies with the amount of people that can actually be ingame. Like some people allready say, the only solutions would be to either increase capacity, make a new server with a working(!) time zone or find a way to reduce 'afk-population' (fishing, shops, boxes etc.). However, you could question if you want that. NC surely doesnt seem to want that, because it seems they are still trying to fix what we now call 'the timer'. 

Just now, Cruniac said:

If this is true, you should be getting disconnected only by sitting at the server selection screen, without actually placing yourself into a queue. Has anyone tried that?

Yes, and I do get disconnected at the server select screen.

2 minutes ago, Cruniac said:

I tested it and i got disconnected in the first 5 minutes while not having selected a server.

5 minutes ago, Cruniac said:

Did you even read the thread???? yes they get dc only by sitting on server select screen

When your time to login come the program do a simple check 

If empty space on server then you = 1.

If no empty space on server then you = 0

if you = 1 then go to login screen 

if you = 0 then disconnect 

Guess what no empty space on server cuz no one logs out really there is no need for timer its a waste of time.

Just now, Oldgamer said:

Guess what no empty space on server cuz no one logs out really there is no need for timer its a waste of time.

This is untrue. By that logic, you're considering the queue to be fake. How does that benefit anyone? It's not some conspiracy to get everyone on VIP.

9 minutes ago, Oldgamer said:

This makes no sense at all, since it doesnt explain how you would move up in que. In a normal situation, you would move up in que when the person at the front of the queue gets ingame. Which can only happen if there is a spot. 

If what you are saying would be true it will mean that on a specific interval the game checks if there is a spot for the person in front of the line and then either removes him or lets him pass. That would be rediculous I believe. Concider yourself waiting in line to enter a bar. Every 2 minutes the guy at the door checks if there is room inside for 1 more person. If so, the person in front of the line may enter. If not, the person in front of the line has to leave the line and start from the back. Would that make sense?

Even if that IS the case, the interval with which you move up the queue would be fixed. Meaning the time in queue would be related to the amount of people in line. Which obviously isnt the case since time after time I am 10 minutes in the queue, but with different amounts of people. 

11 minutes ago, InnocentSausage said:

I tested it and i got disconnected in the first 5 minutes while not having selected a server.

11 minutes ago, Auxis said:

Yes, and I do get disconnected at the server select screen.

Ah, I didn't see you already posted your findings. Thanks to both.

8 minutes ago, Glock said:

Did you even read the thread???? yes they get dc only by sitting on server select screen

Obviously not the full extent of it, relax.

4 minutes ago, Auxis said:

This is untrue. By that logic, you're considering the queue to be fake. How does that benefit anyone? It's not some conspiracy to get everyone on VIP.

obviously the queue is fake.

Why always we have to wait up 10 to minutes in queue? Doesnt matter if there is 800 ppl waiting or 200, always 10 minutes.

1 minute ago, Auxis said:

http://l2.laby.fr/status/   When you see server with more than 5800 online then yes the queue is useless but is a good tool just in case the population go below that number then we have a chance..But as i can see no one logs out any more cuz they know log in again is impossible.

Just now, Danny said:

obviously the queue is fake.

Why always we have to wait up 10 to minutes in queue? Doesnt matter if there is 800 ppl waiting or 200, always 10 minutes.

As I said, suppose you could wait 11 minutes. Then at the 10 minute mark you would be disconnected, at around 50th place. But then, who would be at the 1st place?? Someone that waited more than 10 minutes > impossible. This means you always get to be disconnected when you reach 1st place and login.

Just now, SmileyCyrus said:

Read what I and other people say. It gives you the answer to your question.

i already read all the thread, you are not understanding what im saying if you think that the queue is real.

with the 10 min timer, makes perfect sense that you get almost through, everyone is getting almost through and disconnecting at the same spot, a few people who have faster computers or connections will make it all the way, and also some luck.

Just now, Scarce said:

As I said, suppose you could wait 11 minutes. Then at the 10 minute mark you would be disconnected, at around 50th place. But then, who would be at the 1st place?? Someone that waited more than 10 minutes > impossible. This means you always get to be disconnected when you reach 1st place and login.

This is what seems to be true. It's a technical issue on NCSoft's part, not some ploy to get people to buy VIP.

@Danny and others that are in disbelief think it's all a conspiracy to get them to buy VIP xD

51 minutes ago, Oldgamer said:

Whats is the point to Queue when server capacity is around 5900 and there is 5890 online already.No one logs out and they keep some space for vip members.Only solution is another server for eu and free transfers.American have an options to go to Aden but euro players cant log in cant play, simple. 

yea lets make 2-3 more servers. i cant log also but they said that they will fix it. 500 people queue is 10 minutes wait more or less. there is no point for second server. as long as they fix the client close after queue everything will be ok

i've been keeping track on the number of ppl logged in. Yesterday after they put the srv up it reached the limit of 5.8k then stayed at that till now, never dropped from there. What was weird is that when i found out the server was up it was already full, everyone logged in quickly, there is no movement in and out of people in the server.

@Juji any eta on the next thing to try?

2 minutes ago, Droid said:

i've been keeping track on the number of ppl logged in. Yesterday after they put the srv up it reached the limit of 5.8k then stayed at that till now, never dropped from there. What was weird is that when i found out the server was up it was already full, everyone logged in quickly, there is no movement in and out of people in the server.

@Juji any eta on the next thing to try?

The increased rates directly contributed to these numbers, and less people are willing to log off for the night, because they wouldn't like to be in the position me, and others are right now. I stated to my CP that i WILL buy VIP, BUT when the queue is fair for EVERYBODY.

Archived