Jump to content
Forums

Is the queue "real"? Check this out


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, existenz said:

yea lets make 2-3 more servers. i cant log also but they said that they will fix it. 500 people queue is 10 minutes wait more or less. there is no point for second server. as long as they fix the client close after queue everything will be ok

There is no way you can state this, since sometimes 500 people can disconnect from ingame in 2 mins time, other times it will take an hour for 500 people to decide to leave the game. 

Also you don't understand what this topic is about. This topic explains why that "bug" (which basically is not even a bug) is there in the first place. It has to do with the fact that it actually takes LONGER than 10 minutes before enough people leave the game itself. For all we know it would take hours, but we don't, since there seems to be a timer in place that disconnects you anyhow after 10 minutes in the queue. That fact alone would implicate either new servers, more capacity or less afk is needed to fix the issue.

Edited by SmileyCyrus
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's how I think it's working: Login -> Login Server creates a session for you. At this point, your session timer has started (Let's say 00:00). Play Game button pushed. (00:05)

Whats is the point to Queue when server capacity is around 5900 and there is 5890 online already.No one logs out and they keep some space for vip members.Only solution is another server for eu and fre

I think there is.  I tried 3 times now. What i did was the following: I started a 10 minute timer right when I hit 'ok' at server select. All 3 times I get to the end of the queue somewhere aroun

The queue isn't fake. It's the combination of a queue that exceeds the 10 minute login server restriction. You wouldn't want people hanging around there with no intention of actually logging into the game blocking others from using the login server.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The queue is not fake. If the server player base is stagnant, it doesn't matter how long the queue timer is. It could be 2min or 2 hours. It would always seem like you almost got through. If there was no timer, it would probably take a lot of time to get in but at least you wouldn't get DCed.

Edited by Cruniac
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, existenz said:

yea lets make 2-3 more servers. i cant log also but they said that they will fix it. 500 people queue is 10 minutes wait more or less. there is no point for second server. as long as they fix the client close after queue everything will be ok

the server can support 5900 ppl or so and we have 500 more trying to log in.Now they fix what ? They make the server to support 6400 ppl?

i hope they do but i dont think so .There is nothing else that can do to fix this unless they force ppl to log out if they are afk or something.

So dont hope for fix use logic its not a technical problem its an overpopulation problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cruniac said:

If the server player base is stagnant, it doesn't matter how long the queue timer is. It could be 2min or 2 hours. It would always seem like you almost got through.

Exactly.

And if NCwest is actually trying to fix this timer (either by changing the time, the start-time, the existence of the timer itself or a combination of those) they will NEVER solve the issue.Simply because the solution cannot be found in the timer itself. Capacity or amount of afk players needs to be fixed to solve the issue. 

Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if this was actually the case with the past two 'fixes'. 

Edited by SmileyCyrus
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

i used to play in a server with 50.000 players in USA ( private not official ) and we never had QUEUE DELAY

 

-.-

 

and this is the official server of lineage 2 and has a limit?

 

i played that server in year 2007, and with that ISP conection of that times, they have the capability to support 50.000 players + ONLINE IN A FRUIT SERVER

 

and official in YEAR 2018 CANT SUPPORT MORE THAN 6000 PLAYERS ONLINE?

 

WHAT KIND OF JOKE IS THIS?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EvilHero said:

cant login to the server for 4 hours now and still counting. Attempt #23?

im trying to log in from more than 1 hour

 

again, each day, this shit

 

I REFUSE TO PAY ANYTHING TO THIS GAME IF THEY DONT FIX THIS

 

no sense on pay on a game where i just cant log in -....................-, this restriction is made by them through CODE, servers can afford more than 50.000 players as L2 EXTREME DID IN YEAR 2005 - 2007

 

PD: using my DARK SIDE OF WISDOM, maybe they are putting this restriction to make the people SPEND DOLLARS in move the characters to ADEN or GIRAN, until they got a lot of money of people doing that, and watch people dont do more that, they will fix it

 

then, lets back to the future, and DONT PAY MONEY MOVING CHARACTERS TO ADEN BECAUSE IS A SCAM IN THIS MOMMENTS.

 

 

Edited by Khania
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, meatbun said:

The queue isn't fake. It's the combination of a queue that exceeds the 10 minute login server restriction. You wouldn't want people hanging around there with no intention of actually logging into the game blocking others from using the login server.

if the queue isn't fake as all of you say

Why when are 800 people in queue, you will have to wait 10 minutes - the time you spend selecting the server ?

and when are 100 people in queue you will have to wait the SAME time.

I'm not saying the timer is fake, the timer is perfect i think. The queue is fake because doesn't matter the amount of people waiting, always when the timer is about to reach to 10, you will be < 10 position in queue and then disconnected because session expired.

The queue is forced to last up to 10 minutes of the session, thats my teory.
Maybe its an innocent bug or maybe im a conspiranoic that thinks this is to force players to buy vip.

Im tired of companies that applies weird pollitics to the players, thats maybe why im conspiranoic now.

Edited by Danny
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Danny said:

if the queue isn't fake as all of you say

Why when are 800 people in queue, you will have to wait 10 minutes - the time you spend selecting the server ?

and when are 100 people in queue you will have to wait the SAME time.

I'm not saying the timer is fake, the timer is perfect i think. The queue is fake because doesn't matter the amount of people waiting, always when the timer is about to reach to 10, you will be < 10 position in queue and then disconnected because session expired.

The queue is forced to last up to 10 minutes of the session, thats my teory.
Maybe its an innocent bug or maybe im a conspiranoic that thinks this is to force players to buy vip.

Im tired of companies that applies weird pollitics to the players, thats maybe why im conspiranoic now.

 

i just cant log in, how much money wants NCSOFT to let us play?

 

if is everything about kids money, they should make a post

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Danny said:

if the queue isn't fake as all of you say

Why when are 800 people in queue, you will have to wait 10 minutes - the time you spend selecting the server ?

and when are 100 people in queue you will have to wait the SAME time.

I'm not saying the timer is fake, the timer is perfect i think. The queue is fake because doesn't matter the amount of people waiting, always when the timer is about to reach to 10, you will be < 10 position in queue and then disconnected because session expired.

The queue is forced to last up to 10 minutes of the session, thats my teory.
Maybe its an innocent bug or maybe im a conspiranoic that thinks this is to force players to buy vip.

Im tired of companies that applies weird pollitics to the players, thats maybe why im conspiranoic now.

It, the number of people, will just move slower/faster depending on how many people are in queue when the timer is fixed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FatHips said:

I wonder if its a hard limit on their login server session on hardware end, that might be why it's difficult to change.  Might affect a lot more than L2 classic, just supposing.  

I also confirm its precisely 10 mins.

 

dude we are talking of an official server, they have enough upstreamming and hardware to hold 50k players

 

this is intentional, i dont have doubts, im a 2004 lineage 2 player! and i passed for a lot of servers!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Oldgamer said:

They need the 10mins just in case some vip want to log in they need this time to disconnect some free users to make room for the vips users hehe.

The only reason i can think for this 10 mins queue .hihihi....

There's no logic in that honestly, they can automatically bump VIP users to first in line if they want, or make a secondary line of VIP users.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Auxis said:

 

The reason people are getting the "Account already in use." error is because when you're disconnected from the login server, the session isn't destroyed. The Login Server only removes the session token when it successfully transfers the session to the Game Server or until the user logs in again to create a new session.

This session should be cleared out in the next 15 minutes or so. In the Live servers where i play, this session ends after 3 to 5 mintues. Here after 6 hours, it was still in use...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, InnocentSausage said:

This session should be cleared out in the next 15 minutes or so. In the Live servers where i play, this session ends after 3 to 5 mintues. Here after 6 hours, it was still in use...

Interesting find. Could be one of the symptoms of the overall problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FatHips said:

There's no logic in that honestly, they can automatically bump VIP users to first in line if they want, or make a secondary line of VIP users.

And when they want to bump vip users to first line as you say and there is no room in server ? What they will do? Left them out ? i dont think so 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect they have a background method that we have not yet figured out of kicking certain types of players to make space for VIP users.  They should at least.

But honestly they need to resolve this shit, even paying customers cannot get in and obtain VIP status because they can't login once.

Free users can wait, but people who pay have to be able to play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FatHips said:

I suspect they have a background method that we have not yet figured out of kicking certain types of players to make space for VIP users.  They should at least.

But honestly they need to resolve this shit, even paying customers cannot get in and obtain VIP status because they can't login once.

Free users can wait, but people who pay have to be able to play.

I agree and i see all free users go to Aden server, the only problem is the time zone for the euro players but better spend some time playing than waiting :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Auxis said:

When are you all starting your timer? At the "Play Game" button or the "OK" button right before you enter the queue? My guess is that the 10 minute timer is at the login server level, which you establish your session at the launcher phase after you type your credentials. Game launch time is counted against you.

I believe the 10 minute timer is true. My tests have shown that when I start the time right when I submit my credentials, I get the error at exactly 10 minutes.

You can test this by sitting on the server select screen (not in queue) for 10 minutes ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Oldgamer said:

the server can support 5900 ppl or so and we have 500 more trying to log in.Now they fix what ? They make the server to support 6400 ppl?

i hope they do but i dont think so .There is nothing else that can do to fix this unless they force ppl to log out if they are afk or something.

So dont hope for fix use logic its not a technical problem its an overpopulation problem.

fix the timoute that you get when queue is over.

you cant wait 10-15 minutes to login in with the queue and need an entire new server?.

no game will do that. 

WoW had queues, Aion had queues and many other mmos. its not like the end of the world

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Hime locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...