An idea of 10 min "qeue" timer hotfix

Krissa

Just now, Acantha said:

huh???? 

It's how the 10-min timeout works. It must be random (as everyone in computer networking knows), or it would be disconnecting everyone when they are starting to try to load their toons.

Making the timeout random will still disconnect the majority of people (the servers are overloaded), but will do it in a less annoying manner.

1 minute ago, Krissa said:

It's how the 10-min timeout works. It must be random (as everyone in computer networking knows), or it would be disconnecting everyone when they are starting to try to load their toons.

Making the timeout random will still disconnect the majority of people (the servers are overloaded), but will do it in a less annoying manner.

I get the random part but its pretty well documented it is a 10 minute time limit from the time you hit play till the time you are in game. If you remove the pin that is an extra 5-10 seconds depending on each person and the randomized number placement. Been plenty of times where I hit the start button and get disco'd as im about to hit ok on the pin. That is more annoying than getting disco'd before seeing the character. If I get to my character screen I should be in...

If it is not random, it will keep to disconnect almost all people just a bit before they should have logged in (the queue is progressing mostly because the people before you in the queue get disconnected). If pins are removed, it will happen at char selection.

Archived