Solution: 'Client will be closed'

Hime

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Amraith said:

Greetings,

Our team is working on addressing the issue with long queues for Giran and Talking Island. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Amraith

As I understand the queue is real, servers are success but they need bigger capacity. 
What the solutions are you thinking about? We would like to hear possible solutions.
If the queue is real, servers need at least 7-8k capacity (to hold better income from VIP) or at least 9k to let people play without queue at all.
No bigger capacity = fail.
Math is easy : 6k/2 (boxes) = 3k
3k - bots, shops, fishers = max 1.5k, 1k maybe??

Im wating 3 hours in queue and i have 1277 more to wait we have 5-6 hours free per day to play and we cant because we are wating for queue this is ncsoft servers ?

you opened an excellent project and you will lose again this community because you do not let us play congratulations ncsoft!

19 minutes ago, Barrel said:

As I understand the queue is real, servers are success but they need bigger capacity. 
What the solutions are you thinking about? We would like to hear possible solutions.
If the queue is real, servers need at least 7-8k capacity (to hold better income from VIP) or at least 9k to let people play without queue at all.
No bigger capacity = fail.
Math is easy : 6k/2 (boxes) = 3k
3k - bots, shops, fishers = max 1.5k, 1k maybe??

Yes, my bet is that in the servers there are no more than 1000-1500 real players(per server). The number to 6000 is filled with bots and 3-4-5-6-7-8-9 clients opened from one person.

I have been waiting 8-10hours for login.. really Ncsoft ? Your are company or someone fake guy which open a random server?  If you can't make a server where ppl can log in... don't make it!  
Bye Ncsoft! 
Maybe the server's on topzone/hopzone (low rates) will be better than you!

There is just no no point logging in. I somehow managed to get in the server (Giran) after about 13 hours of waiting, but it's like a private l2 apocalypse. Literally every 5-7 seconds, the chat looks like this:

https://ibb.co/homujU

This stage of "developement" is like when private servers reach a point, where bots, adena sellers and "people" like these just take the server. I've seen lots of examples, but usually after about 2-3 months. NCsoft managed to hasten the process and nailed it in less than a weak, well... I'll be damned...

There is a pretty serious difference between official and private (at least it should be...). The point of private servers is "making money, while people enjoy playing", however official is "making money while people enjoy it, LONG TERM". I'm okey with this, but that cr.p ain't working like this. 

In my opinion there are 3 main scenarios:

1st is that these guys are forced to make money with hands tied behind their backs. 
Well, thats bad, but multi company, it could happen easily. That could be a reason why they don't answer many questions, because they won't lie, but they can't tell us everything, so they just skip answering.

2nd they are really trying to work as hard as they can, but still hands tied because of the koreans, can't progress as fast as it is needed. This is a bit better then the 1st, but still bad.

3rd they just don't care about creating THE L2 environment just making money. Hope not... this is the far worst option. According to the live stream, Juji and the staff working on issues, being the face of this whole damn thing, I don't think this is the real stuff.

I came back to playing L2 after a long break with a friend and were thrilled about classic. Personally I started the game around c2. I made friends while farming like an idiot for 16 hours. :) Was nice.

• Current rates...
    I think they are good. Was bugged at the beggining but there was real progress. Drops are a real thing, but you need to look for pt and work hard still there IS reward.
  • Progressing...
    well in pt, it's more than okey, some spots even great, even without vip.
  • Bugs...
    Me and my friend are developers as well and part of our job is looking for and taking care of issues like these, i don't care... as long as the dev team is truly working on them.
  • Bots...
    I confess, I didn't play on the live servers. Tried it a few years back, but wasn't L2 for me (I am a pre- and interlude guy). Well, I got to meet looped macros when they announced that classic won't have them (back in my day looped macros were 3rd party programs and were called bots -.-), so that's great, I thought. In those days even tried used bots. I wanted to know how they work, what can you do with them exactly and, well, you need to know the enemy. :)
  • Private stores...
    Sh.t... on my first L2 server, there were weeks that I hardly killed mobs. Sometimes we were asked to help a friend, cuz he was pk-d while he was farming for the clan. So we guarded him. Sometimes I just explored the map... f.k it's huge and beautiful. BUT.. almost every week (playing 7 days for every week) I needed 3-4 days to explore the market, make money, speak to people to buy their stuff cheaper than the other stores. People needed to be in the community to maintain progressing forward. THAT was L2. Here, on classic there were 1 or 2 days like the old times (at least the community) and I fell in love again... anyways... private stores are ESSENTIAL. Period. They sustain lvling, they sustain community, they sustain, well, L2.
  • Adena sellers...
    There is a thing called regex. It's a pretty hard-to-learn but a must-have thing. You can searh for patterns in strings and find for example my buddies... TrustedShop1, TrustedShop2, TrustedShop3... and simply ban the name. Or create a block, when someone tries to say aoaue.com and stuff. I don't know if this can be used in L2 files (if not, probably not that hard to implement), but should guard us from buying cheap adena for "cheap" money. Yes, they will find a way to counter it, but by the time they do, there should be an improvement. Live support or what the hell...
  • Queue...
    hmmm... hmmmmmmm....
    On my firts L2 server (hungarian server with pretty bad hardware) managed to handle around 2k people. Ehm.. that was in '06 maybe. As I saw, these servers don't have separate machine, probably just an instance of a VM, but... Sure, I don't know how the infrastructure is built and nothing about dependencies in these systems, but this shouldn't be a problem to restart an instance. (I work on VM-s as well.) A restart should free the needed slots on the server, but that would be a patch on an open chest wound. Temporary solution, but in the mean time it kills the economy. At least we could play on weekends. Like this... there is no economy needed, because how should be an economy there without people and for whom? :D 
    In addition to bot, adena sellers and this kind of stuff, the main problem is that accounts are stuck in queue. Not a few, not a few dozen, a few hundred... (my main acc was stuck for about 12 hours, wtf...). Some of you said that the previous stage was better, cuz you at least didn't have to wait half a day to know, you won't play. :D True story... Fishermen are a thing, yes, but ain't that big that it should generate an issue of magnitude like this.

Bottom line... (sorry for this long post) :)

The queue is not the problem (don't kill me yet :) ) it is just a symptom. The problem is with bots, adena sellers and with the connection handling in addition of course to server capacity. Yes, and a bit with fishermen. 
I don't know, that NCsoft haven't calculated with this kind of crowd, but since they allowed multi boxing... even had to open Aden, so they are aware of the amount of people playing this lovely game.

2 main points here...
First of all stop being asses on forums. Yes, I am furious too, but guys, manner, please.

Secondly, I talked to my friend and aggreed that we would like to help NCsoft tracking the bugs, fixing them, brainstorming, tracking bots and adena sellers or even in development (on test and live server as well). We have jobs, but like part-time, we'd like to help. I know, we are bugs (hehe :) ) here, you are a big company and thing don't work like this. Well, I don't care. (If someone is already typing something like ..."NCsoft doesn's need you / want you, they just want money... etc.", ehmm.. just shut up pls. We shall see the results, even if no one answers, will be an answer.) I've been searching the forum for hours and days, but have not found any posts that would offer help. Yes, they should be handling this stuff easily, but we don't know what is happening behind the curtains and for the most, I want to play old L2, with community, ass-kicked by RBs and sometimes be victorious, whining for healers and buffer, etc...

I am grateful if any of you have read this post especially for the time of the official team and I am waiting for your response. Thank you for your time, be well.

Today, Lithuanian time, I get out of bed at 10.00 and turned on Lineage 2 client. Queue was around 560~. I was like, hm, well 2-3h and I will join. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA 2-3h, yeah right...First 2 hours actually queue moved pretty fast. But now... no jokes, it takes around 1-2 mins from 200 queue to 199 and so on. So, I won't play today for sure, since queue left 200 ppl ~ and It is already 15.30h in our country. I mean... Just let me get in the game and I buy this vip. Thats all I want lol :D
Pretty sure vip ppl will have their own queue as well :DD

https://imgur.com/a/Du6GClA

Archived