Unwarranted Account Suspension

Kaldena

Hi, I play as Elli on the Talking Island server on my other account and it was suspended without explanation.  I have poured cash into NCCoin and have put a ton of work into the character already having reached level 33 and mostly Top D grade before the adena and drop buff. All of this work was legitimate from good drops and farming my face off. Now I cannot log in to that account. I do not use 3rd party software unless you are counting discord as such, I do not buy adena or bot. I do not sell adena, I was not afk fishing or selling stuff when I was kicked out I was simply EXPing. Please get back to me ASAP on this issue. I have submitted my appeal with as much info as I could  cram in and have called your corporate office in California with my personal contact information.

As of right now I have no reason to believe that I will not receive great customer service in response to this as I am sure this is just some kind of security error on behalf of NCsoft. Mistakes happen and that is fine. All I ask is that I hear something sooner rather than later due to the fact that I was going to try and push out to level 40 this weekend and now I might have to go out into the real world and do a thing :(

2 hours ago, Kaldena said:

Hi, I play as Elli on the Talking Island server on my other account and it was suspended without explanation.  I have poured cash into NCCoin and have put a ton of work into the character already having reached level 33 and mostly Top D grade before the adena and drop buff. All of this work was legitimate from good drops and farming my face off. Now I cannot log in to that account. I do not use 3rd party software unless you are counting discord as such, I do not buy adena or bot. I do not sell adena, I was not afk fishing or selling stuff when I was kicked out I was simply EXPing. Please get back to me ASAP on this issue. I have submitted my appeal with as much info as I could  cram in and have called your corporate office in California with my personal contact information.

As of right now I have no reason to believe that I will not receive great customer service in response to this as I am sure this is just some kind of security error on behalf of NCsoft. Mistakes happen and that is fine. All I ask is that I hear something sooner rather than later due to the fact that I was going to try and push out to level 40 this weekend and now I might have to go out into the real world and do a thing :(

I've seen you in EG, and you definitely looked legit to me, for what that's worth.

My elven oracle got suspended today in similarly ridiculous circumstances. I was just getting done xping as my clan xp buff was wearing off when it got disconnected. When I tried to log back in, it said the account was locked. It's one of 3 boxes I've been running, and like you, I play completely legit. I encourage the banning of bots, as I'd much rather play in a legit environment, and I'm truly shocked at what's going on here.

I thought all these people on the forums were lying about being banned for no reason, but it literally happened to me just a few hours ago.

I really wanted to capitalize on my THREE chronicle packs working together to get an edge going into this thing... Well, that plan has come to a screeching halt, just like yours.

It looks like the best case scenario is the account remaining locked for at least a week. And that's if they even unlock it... 

Hopefully Hime or Juji can help expedite the investigations into a few of these locks.

Pro-Tip for those saying they did nothing wrong, please don't. NCsoft doesn't make it a mission to deliberately ban legit accounts. More than likely they will only ban if someone botted or were caught cheating. coming to the forums saying your innocent isn't going to make them undo it. 

1 minute ago, Zevon said:

Pro-Tip for those saying they did nothing wrong, please don't. NCsoft doesn't make it a mission to deliberately ban legit accounts. More than likely they will only ban if someone botted or were caught cheating. coming to the forums saying your innocent isn't going to make them undo it. 

I said that to someone a couple days ago.

I played L2 for years and every ban I ever saw went to someone who deserved it. This doesn't make any sense.

I get why these stories sound unbelievable, but right now, they sound pretty damn believable to me, since this is exactly what happened to me a few hours ago.

I was a skeptic like you, mere hours ago, but that all changed when reality hit me like shotgun blast to the face and one of three of my accounts was locked for "suspicious activity"...

4 minutes ago, Zevon said:

I get what you're trying to say however the amount of posts , replies and issues people are having is too overwhelming for none of them to be innocent. Long story short, it's cute you came to their response but it's obvious you have no clue what's actually going on with anyone's account, just like everyone else is in the dark. Thank you for adding nothing of substance to my post. 

One of my friends got hit a few ours ago from an automated banwave in EG i think. Here is the ticket number; 22191358. I know you don't handle this stuff, but he is telling me he is legit (im believing him) and Ellie also got hit in EG same time as him. Here is the thread; https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/5317-unwarranted-account-suspension/ .

I know it is not your field and I'm probably not your most liked person, but can you please look into this ticket. He is literally raging and || to quit. He has spent lots of money on the game and thinks every account he plays is going to get locked now.

PLEASE take a look. If you take a look and it pans out I'll send you a beer.

Please look for him!

@Juji@Hime

1 hour ago, Zevon said:

They definitely make mistakes.  For anyone to think otherwise is bleeping naive.

Hm! Those random ban's doesn't make any sense. Banning 1 account out of 3 and not the entire 3 boxes which of course, are played on the same ip is very suspicious. Especially when you hear that his buffer/healer got banned but not his main! I mean really ? If anything, you "cheat" with your main, and not your healer/buffer.

Anyway, I take it that this .. XIGNCODE3 might actually interface a lot more with your computer then it looks and so is making false/positive warnings. Which is bad. I know it scans your "files" for potential blabla's , but it seems is not doing a good job at all.

Hm!

I specifically told my friend not to bot at the beginning of the server launch cuz I knew they'd be banning bots this time around. He definitely wasn't botting, and it wasn't a payment issue, nor was it a profanity issue.

Legit people usually don't get banned, so I'm quite surprised by this.

I hope it gets resolved quickly before he rage quits.

Mistakes happen sometimes, so if you rly are legit make sure you don't give up hope and just wait for your ticket to get resolved without charge backing or doing something equally as stupid with your remaining chars.

3 hours ago, Zevon said:

At this point, there is enough smoke over falsely flagged accounts to give a very strong indication that something is fundamentally broken in their process for identifying accounts in violation of the rules.

welcome to the club. they banned my lvl 31 SR out of nowhere too and i spent a shit ton of money on it. they’re wasting my runes. i’ve already rerolled and if they don’t give me any explanation why i got banned i’m gonna call my bank and refund all my purchases. this is fkin stupid

3 minutes ago, iExpzz said:

welcome to the club. they banned my lvl 31 SR out of nowhere too and i spent a shit ton of money on it. they’re wasting my runes. i’ve already rerolled and if they don’t give me any explanation why i got banned i’m gonna call my bank and refund all my purchases. this is fkin stupid

There is no way I would re-roll given what happened. What's to stop them from simply banning your new toon as well? We don't even know what the hell is going on here... Until there are answers, I can't justify continuing to play, and if my account isn't unlocked then I'm done.

NC could've made far more than $240 out of me if they didn't randomly ban one of my three VIP4 accounts... their loss I suppose.

Yep happened to me they finally unlocked my accounts 5 days after I sent my email to support. Took them 3 days to respond 1 day to verify my info, then 1 more day to finish the investigation. Not a big deal for me as I play pretty casually and wanst very far along but I see how it can be a big blow to ppl who spent lots of time.

imgur.com/a/yqTz9LP

Thats the email reply I got at the very end. Its my opinion that logging in from a diff ip (in my case logging in from work) is what triggered it? That or logging into those accounts on a diff machine for me my laptop and my desktop from home. Though I have no idea could possibly be that the automated ban system is flawed in some way.

Well it's nice to see someone who actually got their account unlocked. I suppose there may at least be some hope for the rest of us...

5 days though...

For me, that's 5 days on 3x VIP4 accounts with chronicle packs, which is an outrageous waste for someone who did nothing wrong.

I honestly wouldn't have bothered spending this much money if I knew this could happen while doing nothing wrong. This is absolutely insane.

No one but the government can get away with this kind of thing.

11 minutes ago, BodybuilderIRL said:

Friend told me he logged into his account yday on accident using a VPN. This is prob what caused his ban. Nothing else makes sense. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

lol that’s dumb af. that can be one of the reason why i got banned then cause i play at my cousins house sometimes and they see a different IP address

32 minutes ago, BRT said:

Yep happened to me they finally unlocked my accounts 5 days after I sent my email to support. Took them 3 days to respond 1 day to verify my info, then 1 more day to finish the investigation. Not a big deal for me as I play pretty casually and wanst very far along but I see how it can be a big blow to ppl who spent lots of time.

imgur.com/a/yqTz9LP

Thats the email reply I got at the very end. Its my opinion that logging in from a diff ip (in my case logging in from work) is what triggered it? That or logging into those accounts on a diff machine for me my laptop and my desktop from home. Though I have no idea could possibly be that the automated ban system is flawed in some way.

well did they tell you why they banned you in the first place? what triggered the ban?

Canadian friend uses VPN to avoid regional laws for netflix/youtube, so he can watch american stuff. Accidentally logged into L2 b4 turning it off and got sent a code. He immediately turned off the VPN and logged into his account. 24 hours later he got an account locked.

Seems pretty cut n dry. Sucks for him. gg.

Just now, BodybuilderIRL said:

It is nice they are taking a strong stance against the account sharing stuff though. Just hope it doesn't take them too long to unban my friend. I know they got a shitload of tickets. =/

what’s wrong with account sharing? sometimes i bring my laptop with me to play at my gf’s place. so you saying i deserve to get ban for playing at a different location? 

Archived