Whats the better choice for an old man.. hehe

Xeen

I want a toon that will, eventually pvp for fun. I have a Rouge atm.. and im still torn to go either Dagger or Archer. Is the Archer easier to pvp on? I don't know what most people turn too.  I like both class's just not sure what one will be better in the end..

Thanks for any input you may have on this. :)

Yes, archer is easier, but it shines in big scale pvp (as in, at least party vs party) when it has access to full buffs. In 1v1, and later Olympiad, you have to pray for your stun to land on the first try against mages or you are basically dead, and all of the meele fighters, including tanks, will straight up shit on you unless you have way better gear, or you are way higher level, or you are incredibly lucky. Not sure how the match up vs supports works out in Classic, now that everyone has might of heaven, but I'd imagine it's even worse than mages.

Every class has their niche in this game. Small scale pvp is the niche of the daggers mostly (in bigger pvp you try to get to the enemy healers back and burst them down before you die basically). They are a lot harder to use effectively though. The only thing you have to really learn as an archer is to kite, while daggers have mechanics like teleporting behind your target (I'm pretty sure shadow step is in classic), dropping their target with your skills, your most powerful skill (backstab) only working when you hit the back fo your target, etc...

Archers are by far my favorite, and I think an organized archer party is the strongest party type for pvp in the game, but they are heavily support and gear dependant, more than any other class in the game.

17 hours ago, Xeen said:

I want a toon that will, eventually pvp for fun. I have a Rouge atm.. and im still torn to go either Dagger or Archer. Is the Archer easier to pvp on? I don't know what most people turn too.  I like both class's just not sure what one will be better in the end..

Thanks for any input you may have on this. :)

Why don't you try a pve class and eventualy you'll end up pvping for the spot mostly everyday??  Pve it's 99% of the game. Even dwarfs pvp

Archived