1 computer = 1 account

I really dislike that so many people are coming up with solutions which result in taking away something from other players. Don't insult each other and turn against each other all because NCSoft doesn't deliver what they promised.

People enjoy the game differently and you cannot make a suggestion based on your perspective only. Most of the people who suggest 1 acc per PC have several machines lying around so they know it wouldn't affect them. And of course the most ridiculous thing is to impose limits based on IP, which will prevent anyone who doesn't live alone from playing with their brother/sister/bf/gf/roommate etc. I think it's perfectly acceptable if you want to log your own buffer because you don't want to play with strangers and look for party every time (especially since many only invite you if you have VIP 3/4).

We all read the rules before joining in, so changing them now is not good for anyone. It's NCSoft problem to work out their server issues now.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AdrsDK said:

I really dislike that so many people are coming up with solutions which result in taking away something from other players. Don't insult each other and turn against each other all because NCSoft doesn't deliver what they promised.

People enjoy the game differently and you cannot make a suggestion based on your perspective only. Most of the people who suggest 1 acc per PC have several machines lying around so they know it wouldn't affect them. And of course the most ridiculous thing is to impose limits based on IP, which will prevent anyone who doesn't live alone from playing with their brother/sister/bf/gf/roommate etc. I think it's perfectly acceptable if you want to log your own buffer because you don't want to play with strangers and look for party every time (especially since many only invite you if you have VIP 3/4).

We all read the rules before joining in, so changing them now is not good for anyone. It's NCSoft problem to work out their server issues now.

PK destroy item. Changed. Drop rates. Changed. So please don't speak about changing the rules.

12 minutes ago, Fulkman said:

We don't need revolution here...There is very EASY solution for all what is happening here.

@Juji @Hime Give as ONE (only 1 - I prefer EU timezone) server where BOX/BOT are disallowed. And hunted by GMs! This part is very crucial. If you dont have resource for GM 24/7 pick them from your own community - they need only kick from server privilege. There must be a GM on server as long as possible if you want anything to worked at this moment.

And please read again with understanding this time. It's doesn't change anything for YOU. You can still play your own BOX game.

What I would like to know is why are people so adamant about boxes? Spending for VIP aside and the obvious reason to make your solo experience easier but...do you like playing a mmo by yourself? I see tons of people with 2 healers following them around is that really how you want to play and actually like playing this game? Boxes tax the server and the social aspect of this game. 

1 hour ago, Fulkman said:

PK destroy item. Changed. Drop rates. Changed. So please don't speak about changing the rules.

And please read again with understanding this time. It's doesn't change anything for YOU. You can still play your own BOX game.

I haven't said that I agree with any of those changes, but from my understanding it was a fix for having lower rates than what was promised. There is a difference between a fix for something that doesn't match the rules and a change to the rules. I can't really comment more on that, as the changes happened shortly after I joined and I don't know much about it. As for your request "please don't speak about..." its not really up to you, we are all here to express our opinion :)

I completely understand your post about new server and I think its a cool idea, but my post was not a reply to yours (or any particular post), so your second comment is irrelevant and you should take your own advice about reading carefully :) I was simply commenting that everyone has turned against each other and judges how other people like to play (and you just gave a good example of that), instead of focusing on demanding more from NCSoft. 

I really hope someone from NCSoft gives us some updates in any of the ongoing discussions...

I multibox and have multiple vip 4 accounts but I also think 1 box per computer would be amazing. When I 1st started l2 there wasnt many people that boxed unless you owned more then 1 computer most people didnt have the hardware to run multiple clients on 1 box back then. I remember relying on other people to form parties with and in that way we formed good friendships and consistent parties.

After a while we did end up sometimes making an extra account for mana batteries or for certain buffs. However originally not many boxed. I wish it would go back to that way. 

I also think we should go back to a p2p, subscription model there is obviously enough interest.

I dont understand why so many people complain about the ques its 5$ for a few months worth of vip.... anyone can go out and make 5$ so whats the problem?

What i'm offer is also a fix for existing situation. It doesn't change any existing rules - only create a new one.

6 minutes ago, BRT said:

I multibox and have multiple vip 4 accounts but I also think 1 box per computer would be amazing. When I 1st started l2 there wasnt many people that boxed unless you owned more then 1 computer most people didnt have the hardware to run multiple clients on 1 box back then. I remember relying on other people to form parties with and in that way we formed good friendships and consistent parties.

One box per pc... so 3pc = 6 account per 1 person? Is this OK? NO.

12 minutes ago, BRT said:

After a while we did end up sometimes making an extra account for mana batteries or for certain buffs. However originally not many boxed. I wish it would go back to that way.

So if there is only few bots its OK to use them? NO. BOXing by definition, it is a bad idea and used by people who go on the easy way. Want buffer... find one or become one.

15 minutes ago, BRT said:

I also think we should go back to a p2p, subscription model there is obviously enough interest.

I dont understand why so many people complain about the ques its 5$ for a few months worth of vip.... anyone can go out and make 5$ so whats the problem?

We don't know actually how big the interest is. Now it is F2P.

People want the old good Lineage 2 (that is the reason I'm in here)... BEFORE people start talking them how hard this game is and how to make their life easier. Everything make easier... to hard for people who expect result right away.

Wont happen. Game mechanics dont support. Let me guess you want buff scrolls via nc store? gtfo with your hardcore bs.

Game has intentionally supported multibox for a decade.  Id love if they allowed more than 3, would be more classic.  Being able to efficiently play multiple accounts without assistance is a large measure of skill in L2 and allows players who are mechanically better and mentally adept to get ahead.  Otherwise "skill" in L2 is simply (classchoice*time*$$) spent equation.

What i'm trying to say to  the OP is not only is your idea bad, but you are also bad.

Boxes has always been a part of L2. Today as well as back in the old days when you had to p2p. Why are kids coming out now and cry for everything? Queue qq, boxes qq, macros qq. Do you feel ashamed and so pathetic that you think someone will take a box over you? When players will go for PVP, mass pvp, siege and raids, they will be looking for active players, and not dualboxes. So don't be afraid. Ofc some players will abuse the 3-box limit by using 9 boxes...as well as there are some who can use 2 PCs at once but will just log 1 box and 1 box. Stop forcing ur mindset in to the others, beside the fact that none gives a fack about what you want etc, we all want to enjoy this game. If we were allowed to pay for 3 accounts and log 3 accounts back in c4, why should we stop now? 'cause some illegal server kids who always used 2+ boxes in his privates now cry 'cause "I can't go afk 24/7 with my PP if they all box it qq pris ncsuft staph"? Some players will use 1 box, some 2, some 3 and others 9. I could solo in Teon and i can solo now, i can't see the difference. 
Oh, a lil trick to skip the queue : don't log out. That's the only way it works 100% 'till server start losing the kids who came from illegal servers and thought they could do something in a real server. 
Peace and love guys, hope you wont run out of tissues or you may end up drowning in your tears. <3 

40 minutes ago, FatHips said:

Wont happen. Game mechanics dont support. Let me guess you want buff scrolls via nc store? gtfo with your hardcore bs.

Game has intentionally supported multibox for a decade.  Id love if they allowed more than 3, would be more classic.  Being able to efficiently play multiple accounts without assistance is a large measure of skill in L2 and allows players who are mechanically better and mentally adept to get ahead.  Otherwise "skill" in L2 is simply (classchoice*time*$$) spent equation.

What i'm trying to say to  the OP is not only is your idea bad, but you are also bad.

or skill in your case, using walker, ranger, etc to play the game for you.

gtfo with your skill bs

1 PC = 1 Account would be a good idea for few reasons.

Botting:
- There wouldn't be as many bots as there is now.

Stability:
- No Queues, less lag, better server stability.
- New players wouldn't have to abandon their friends because of server capacity and queue waiting time.

Gameplay:
People would be more encouraged to go into parties and not exactly progress faster but make a better social aspect .
More people actually playing warcryer/prp/sws/bd/ee/se etc creating bigger diversity.

All in all, if you make these changes don't be scared for a backslash, it's not about those illegal server kids getting used to having full buffs it's about creating better environment for the server and it's community. 

Just get rid of these bots at least.

40 minutes ago, Screamer said:

or skill in your case, using walker, ranger, etc to play the game for you.

gtfo with your skill bs

Okay, if you think it's particularly hard to control 7 accounts on one PC without assistance you must be brain damaged.  Clearly never played a titan :-)

This isn't dota and does not require more than 50 APM to play any character.  Though honestly this is more attention than you deserve.

This one account per PC and/or increasing server capacity nonsense is not the solution to the long queue's.

Only additional servers are going to fix that in the near term.

During the downtime I installed L2 on a 3rd(laptop) and 4th PC(old gaming PC) I have here, still got one more PC to go.

I haven't been running a 3rd account(all have VIP1) because of the long server queues, trying to be considerate to others trying to get in game, but since they raised server cap, maybe I'll run a sell shop 24/7 now since there's more room.

Get my point?...

1 hour ago, xHaseo said:

Boxes has always been a part of L2. Today as well as back in the old days when you had to p2p. Why are kids coming out now and cry for everything? Queue qq, boxes qq, macros qq. Do you feel ashamed and so pathetic that you think someone will take a box over you? When players will go for PVP, mass pvp, siege and raids, they will be looking for active players, and not dualboxes. So don't be afraid. Ofc some players will abuse the 3-box limit by using 9 boxes...as well as there are some who can use 2 PCs at once but will just log 1 box and 1 box. Stop forcing ur mindset in to the others, beside the fact that none gives a fack about what you want etc, we all want to enjoy this game. If we were allowed to pay for 3 accounts and log 3 accounts back in c4, why should we stop now? 'cause some illegal server kids who always used 2+ boxes in his privates now cry 'cause "I can't go afk 24/7 with my PP if they all box it qq pris ncsuft staph"? Some players will use 1 box, some 2, some 3 and others 9. I could solo in Teon and i can solo now, i can't see the difference. 
Oh, a lil trick to skip the queue : don't log out. That's the only way it works 100% 'till server start losing the kids who came from illegal servers and thought they could do something in a real server. 
Peace and love guys, hope you wont run out of tissues or you may end up drowning in your tears. <3 

First and foremost... using boxes doesn't have anything common with your skill. On the contrary. If you need boxes to progress... that is something wrong with you.
"...always been a part of L2..." LOL. When you play FPS you have to use any aimlock because otherwise it is too hard for you to kill anybody... embarrassing.

It's MMO and you crying because you can't play solo. Nice.

You are SO skilled with your other 8 accounts... win all pvp ... SO great player... (sarcasm...)

1 minute ago, Karnz said:

This one account per PC and/or increasing server capacity nonsense is not the solution to the long queue's.

Only additional servers are going to fix that in the near term.

During the downtime I installed L2 on a 3rd(laptop) and 4th PC(old gaming PC) I have here, still got one more PC to go.

I haven't been running a 3rd account(all have VIP1) because of the long server queues, trying to be considerate to others trying to get in game, but since they raised server cap, maybe I'll run a sell shop 24/7 now since there's more room.

Get my point?...

1 pc/person = 1 account. Get my point?

2 minutes ago, Fulkman said:

First and foremost... using boxes doesn't have anything common with your skill. On the contrary. If you need boxes to progress... that is something wrong with you.
"...always been a part of L2..." LOL. When you play FPS you have to use any aimlock because otherwise it is too hard for you to kill anybody... embarrassing.

It's MMO and you crying because you can't play solo. Nice.

You are SO skilled with your other 8 accounts... win all pvp ... SO great player... (sarcasm...)

1 pc/person = 1 account. Get my point?

It's not hard to workaround that, get your sons, brothers, mothers, friends etc. etc. etc. to make accounts for you, since it's free.

Mechnically speaking, being able to keep mentally straight multiple boxes and a progression of use dynamically when needed is absolutely a higher level of mechnical and mental skill than just clicking on F1 constantly.  This is just mechanics.  Your argument is hilarious, I'll give you that.

You got me, I'm terrible, always have been.  I guess getting 70x hero on a buffer class was by accident :D

Boxing is literally built into the game mechanics and game balance and has been imperically proven 100 times over.  This is a dead argument and pointless, not to mention rehashed a thousand times, but good luck with your attempt to kill the game.  All your proposal would do is put a higher barrier of entry and skill cap to boxing.  I'd have to run four pc's instead of two.  Not a big deal for me, but you'd surely punish those who are unable.  So in your altruistic attemp to communize the server, you'd actually make the gap wider between those who are good and who are not.

I rarely if ever play solo, boxing has literally nothing to do with that.  Boxing is about maximizing efficiency.  Even 9 man CP's usually have extra boxes to increase efficiency, I'm guessing that's going to make your head explode. 

giphy.gif

We ran a 9 man group yesterday with 2 boxes out of party, and we're on the first month of the server.

I see no points, all I see is crying other players outplay you.  Same kind of garbage player that quits in a month due to not understanding the game and falling behind.  Do it, say it's unfair.  Get your participation trophy and go home a winner :-)

Just now, Fulkman said:

Lineage2 is F2P game... another great idea. Make L2 subscription base game! But wait...

It changed before, no reason at all to think it can't change again.  Do not be confused.

Especially with the complete failure of the retail servers under the F2P model.

2 minutes ago, FatHips said:

It changed before, no reason at all to think it can't change again.  Do not be confused.

Especially with the complete failure of the retail servers under the F2P model.

Why live servers are practically "empty"? You have high adena, high drop, high exp, a lot of quests etc... It is F2P... What more do you ever need?

Ask yourself why its ended with complete failure.

5 minutes ago, Fulkman said:

You don't understand anything. It is not about how to cheat the system. The moment it start to be considered illegal... there will be a penalty for all accounts related to each other.

There is no way to enforce that, how is NCSoft going to determine who is playing multiple accounts coming from the same IP,  is it one person playing multiple accounts, a family playing together or roommates playing together?

7 minutes ago, Fulkman said:

Why live servers are practically "empty"? You have high adena, high drop, high exp, a lot of quests etc... It is F2P... What more do you ever need?

Ask yourself why its ended with complete failure.

Have you ever played live servers? Adena drop is pathetic.  You cannot buy gear beyond lowest grade without pay to win participation.  Adena is farmed by FREE bots, almost exclusively and outnumber players probably 30:1 over the years.  You need to invest $10,000 to be top end, and a few $1,000 to even be viable.

GOD was a complete failure in every single way, free to play, class changes, mechanics, quests, everything.  F2P was probably the single largest factor, because it led to pay to win.

GOD briefly made the game attractive to the worthless deadweight free server crowd, but they all left when pay to win happened anyways.  

Just now, Karnz said:

There is no way to enforce that, how is NCSoft going to determine who is playing multiple accounts coming from the same IP,  is it one person playing multiple accounts, a family playing together or roommates playing together?

You know when you see it. It's all about players behaviors. The same situation is when you encounter bots. You are 100% sure that they are not human.

1 minute ago, Fulkman said:

You know when you see it. It's all about players behaviors. The same situation is when you encounter bots. You are 100% sure that they are not human.

Literally everything you said is subjective and business decisions cannot be made on that type of information.  Naivity.

Archived