1 computer = 1 account

1 minute ago, Bilbo said:

Have no idea what you're talking about here and why you quoted me.  I never said BOX is part of the game.  I said make bigger server.  Is that bad suggestion?

Yes... it is bad - it will not solve anything. Sooner or later it will back.

Core problem are account not used by actual people. BOT/BOX/AFK are problems that needs to be deal with. You cant just ignore that.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Fulkman said:

Yes... it is bad - it will not solve anything. Sooner or later it will back.

Core problem are account not used by actual people. BOT/BOX/AFK are problems that needs to be deal with. You cant just ignore that.

Nope.  Server capable of just 6,000 player is CORE problem.  That's not MMO.  That's worse than private server.

By the way, few days ago, Xigncode blocked multi account.  Problem didn't go away.

They won't disable boxing, it is too integral to L2 now. That is something they should have barred a long time ago. They won't disable Fishing because it is a good system for players. The Incredibly Strong Monster afk spots are only temporary and an event, so they won't take that away. They could open up another server, but unless they allow players to transfer freely (along with their VIP status if they have it), very very few people would go.

I kinda doubt that NCWest could throw money at TI/Giran to make them handle more players online at once, but even if they did, the server would become even more overcrowded. The biggest issue is that people simply want to play on a more populated server and/or, most people want to be on a server where they can participate in Sieges or other time-based events.

Finding / banning bot trains or those highly automated box teams is probably a slow process, given the limited support staff and hopefully a dedication for really digging into accounts to see if they are doing bad stuff. I'd rather them take their time than doing blanket bans with minimal research. 

I agree, that they block the game to one client per person, the sociability and difficulty if it would transform this game into a real CLASSIC, barely go 10 days and there are already 48+ LEVEL. This without cheating or playing automatically is impossible to achieve and I speak that I saw one speaking in the world asking for party 48+ two days ago or more on the other hand there will always be the donors who think they are superior with their advantage and the friendly people of some corrupt GM. I hope to change the rules already, before the game continues on the road to perdition, I prefer that a few thousand servers go and there are good players to literally, this 6 hours waiting to enter as it is full of multi-accounts , fishing, farmeando and using BOT

Only in the year 2018 will people complain that a game is pay to win because vip and login and then fiz the problem by saying you should only be able to multi box or fish if you ha e vip.. ACTUAL LMFAO!!! What if they did that and you realize that you still cant get in because they people in and playing.. 90 percent of them are still supporting the servwr with their money and have vip status already LOLOLOLOLOL

Queue problem? easy!!! Allow 1 (2 accounts MAX) per computer, why 2? so you can farm with your main and keep 1 shop in town, maybe private buffer. I work 6 days a week, i play a support class (EE) and its so hard to find a party to fit in because everyone wants theyre buffer to get free exp. Its also bad to run around and see 50 players actually playing and 500+ afk at shabby boxes, 500+ afk fishing. I payed vip for both my accounts, wouldnt mind not being allowed my 2nd account. Offline shops is also an option. now, captcha every 2h is a bad solution since if i get my shop running and go to work, i cant control and its not fair to dc someone just because its not looking at the computer. The main issue is, NCsoft is doing this so we purchase more and more to skip queue and i think its a bad strategy because it will make people to leave server and instead of a long life server, will make some cash with a new start and then bleepall. Im willing to do a 5/10 euros purchase every month to play and keep server running but not if server is about afk people or if i waste my ONLY FREE DAY waiting for my clan mates to login and cant do a single party with them. L2 is meant to play only with one character, and use your time to make the best of it, not play 2/3 accounts and play solo, you need to party up and farm your stuff and take 2 years+ to reach max level and still having to farm best gear. its meant for people to play all classes, not having the support ones as dual box and everyone playing DD or tank. L2 is meant to be an hard game, not a "single player" where you just open 3 clients and do it all by yourself. Im not a new player, i play this game for quite a LOOOOOOOONG TIME and i know for a fact that every single class can exp by itself, ones easier than others, and when its hard, you party up. Server will die soon if NCsoft doesnt do anything against multiple clients. I purchase, my gf donated aswell and im happy to keep donating every month but im not happy by seeing more afk people than active ones and having to wait 8h+ for my clan mates to be able to login.

Soon sieges gonna be big box party vs bigger box party.

@Juji @Hime answer somehow. Speak ffs. GM's see a problem in boxing or not? Or is it just: "pay the vip, do what you want"?? 

This server supposed to be "hardcore" yea? So make it that way, make ppl need others, not 4 f-ing boxes. (maybe half of the party finder wont be "wts" "wtb" stuff anymore). 

Or make some f-ing way of "super" hardcore server, when u cant pull this shit, let the boxers click their way to max lvl on these failures you made already, and make one more for A LOT of ppl that actually think its not right. 

i need every day to wait 4-5 hours in a queue of 2k ppl to join the game ..

Plz answer me if it is worth to keep playing this server when i cant login when i can ..its ok 1 hour ..but 4-5 ???

P.S. i dont want to pay for a game when is free to play ..

+ Αll players must have equal queues

17 hours ago, Bilbo said:

Let's focus on the problem.  Problem here isn't that people are running 3 accounts.  Problem is that MMO server in 2018 only hosts 6K people.

Unfortunately L2 was written back in early 2000's where scaling wasn't a thing like nowadays. So essentially when the server was written it was written in a way where it can hold 6k players on a single instance. Unfortunately a task to rewrite the whole server so it scales is incredibly difficult and can cause tons of tons of bugs.

NC soft should have launched with 4 or 5 servers, but yeah... nobody could have predicted that it would be so popular.

But it would still be better to launch 5 servers with 2k population each and later on merge them, rather that launch 2 servers maxed out and then open one by one.

If they open 4th server, almost nobody is going to go there, it's too late.

2 minutes ago, snop said:

i need every day to wait 4-5 hours in a queue of 2k ppl to join the game ..

Plz answer me if it is worth to keep playing this server when i cant login when i can ..its ok 1 hour ..but 4-5 ???

P.S. i dont want to pay for a game when is free to play ..

+ Αll players must have equal queues

3 options to that: 

-you gonna wait one more month, people are gonna leave this server, lets by honest. but there gonna be max lvls already, all rb gonna be taken by one clan/pt and so on. 

-they will make one client per computer, then q gonna be ~1h maybe

-they will make another server, another failure with 3k+ boxes since even more ppl will know how to deal with that. 

is there a hope for actually nice and fair gameplay? I doubt it at this point, I gave up already. 

I believe it to be a simple matter of banning boxing. I don't understand why it's so difficult...and yes, there will be people saying you cant play without boxes and other nonsense like that...still, when you've got people with 3-4 boxes running around and 2k people in the login queue ...its a no brainer

2 minutes ago, Aghast said:

I believe it to be a simple matter of banning boxing. I don't understand why it's so difficult...and yes, there will be people saying you cant play without boxes and other nonsense like that...still, when you've got people with 3-4 boxes running around and 2k people in the login queue ...its a no brainer

@Juji @Hime wanted queue fix? there you go. ban it, boxing aint a part of "Lineage 2 Classic hardcore grind". tf is "hardcore" this way? 

4 minutes ago, Hydrosphere said:

@Juji @Hime wanted queue fix? there you go. ban it, boxing aint a part of "Lineage 2 Classic hardcore grind". tf is "hardcore" this way? 

Boxing was always an integral part of L2, that's why windowed mode was officially supported as soon as C3 arrived (previously you had to alt-tab).

1 minute ago, Devoid said:

Boxing was always an integral part of L2, that's why windowed mode was officially supported as soon as C3 arrived (previously you had to alt-tab).

is it good part tho? does it make game good at this point? with so many ppl starting from the bottom, you have so many options to make parties and farm pretty freely. *sigh* it ain't so hardcore with bp on ur back, kittens 

You can't change it or you'll have to separate live servers from classic servers and have a different client. The same client is used to play live and there most of the players are boxing high level characters because the servers are dry. The changes has to be done to the client, and because the server doesn't know what are you going to play until you select a server, this change will affect live servers. Counting the number of connection per IP is bad. It could be a whole internet cafe using different computers, it could be family members trying to play together using another pc. Server capacity is also another problem. It hasn't been changed in a decade, which means their software wasn't changed since the beginning of times.

1 minute ago, beleaua said:

You can't change it or you'll have to separate live servers from classic servers and have a different client. The same client is used to play live and there most of the players are boxing high level characters because the servers are dry. The changes has to be done to the client, and because the server doesn't know what are you going to play until you select a server, this change will affect live servers. Counting the number of connection per IP is bad. It could be a whole internet cafe using different computers, it could be family members trying to play together using another pc. Server capacity is also another problem. It hasn't been changed in a decade, which means their software wasn't changed since the beginning of times.

that's a fair point. I still believe boxing is game breaking rubbish though

5 minutes ago, Aghast said:

that's a fair point. I still believe boxing is game breaking rubbish though

The way it is now, sure. It's exploited too much. But boxing is not all bad. In the past during p2p times I used to dual box most of the time because parties were not always available. Of course you had to pay a full subscription to open another window.

33 minutes ago, beleaua said:

You sure there cant be done something like: logging into same server(ex. giran) with 2 clients kicks both out. ? It doesn't have to not launch at the beggining, just when u wanna log into specyfic server. Im pretty sure its possible. 

Why so many clients boxes are allowed? I heard someone saying proudly he has 9 boxes logged, while legit players are struggle in queue to log in and have fun. Look in Party Matching, how many groups looking for members have there? Much less than a 6k player base server should be, because 4k chars are just alt toons or afk ones. For real, this is a MMO, you need to interact and play with real players (or should be this way) not opening 9 freakings boxes and play a full party of alt toons, if you like to be solo so why the hell are u doing playing lineage 2? If u like that much, go play those trash pvp servers with 9999999999999x rates, this is not the place for you.

14 minutes ago, Hydrosphere said:

You sure there cant be done something like: logging into same server(ex. giran) with 2 clients kicks both out. ? It doesn't have to not launch at the beggining, just when u wanna log into specyfic server. Im pretty sure its possible. 

You cant log in with the same account, so there must be a way to not log in twice to the same server. 

Archived