Forums

1 computer = 1 account

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with topic 1 account per computer!!! It is ridiculous I login at 8:00 AM. now it is 16:25 and low 1024 to 425 in the queue. I have 2 accounts but I always played with healers and, at this moment, nobody search buffers or healers player because they have their own healers and buffers.

If we want a hardcore, real and "all classes" are necessary 1 pc=1player, it is easy.

17 minutes ago, Anguis_Draslik said:

i agree, no boxes for free players, and limited boxes for vip player... either box needs to have vip, or there has to be some distinction for lvl of vip...

18 minutes ago, WoDy said:

1 Box per PC !

ONLY 1 pc/person = 1 account. Everything else is a BS. You are ruining the game and the economy otherwise.

i played SOLO without ANY help (BOX/BOT) ... (before adena update) and got 25lvl (D grade armor quest) + Top NG (Iron Hammer) [VIP 0]

People want always the easy way. Hardcore server, but expect that they always afford everything at the moment they want...

I agree in this. You should pay a vip in both accounts to have a box, and also just limited to ONE. 

My friends already went to Aden, so I'm playing alone in TI cause of the afk, bots, adenas sellers... This nonsense have to stop right now. 

What kind of classic hardcore experience is this? If they wanna play boxes, they should go and play a private server. This is no the right place for you. Every class have to be meanful and I'm talking being a PP main. (I'm cleric yet tho) sit.

39 minutes ago, Fulkman said:

ONLY 1 pc/person = 1 account. Everything else is a BS. You are ruining the game and the economy otherwise.

i played SOLO without ANY help (BOX/BOT) ... (before adena update) and got 25lvl (D grade armor quest) + Top NG (Iron Hammer) [VIP 0]

People want always the easy way. Hardcore server, but expect that they always afford everything at the moment they want...

you don't see hardcore until later in the game. try to reach at least 75, not to mention 85. go try innova or kr. those are servers with better xp and drops even now after increasing. yet people spend years in there farming all day and didn't reach the end.

also 1pc = 1 account, time to invest in cheap laptops i guess

16 minutes ago, Hirumie said:

I agree in this. You should pay a vip in both accounts to have a box, and also just limited to ONE. 

My friends already went to Aden, so I'm playing alone in TI cause of the afk, bots, adenas sellers... This nonsense have to stop right now. 

What kind of classic hardcore experience is this? If they wanna play boxes, they should go and play a private server. This is no the right place for you. Every class have to be meanful and I'm talking being a PP main. (I'm cleric yet tho) sit.

No. Money dont give you ANY right to cheat the system. BOX i'm consider as cheating.

1 minute ago, beleaua said:

you don't see hardcore until later in the game. try to reach at least 75, not to mention 85. go try innova or kr. those are servers with better xp and drops even now after increasing. yet people spend years in there farming all day and didn't reach the end.

also 1pc = 1 account, time to invest in cheap laptops i guess

1 pc/person = 1 account. It's not about "finishing" the game it's all about the journey.

Greate idea. Buy 2 laptops and play solo (9 ppl party) all the time... Its GREAT experience. I'm sure you will not get bored.

Reality check. For as long as I can remember, 3 accounts were permitted on each computer.  This makes boxing inevitable and by strong implication suggests that NCWest condones it.  Boxing the three permitted accounts is certainly not cheating.  Obviously, running more than three accounts on one computer is cheating, as is using software to automate, but those are separate issues.  

An easy fix would be to do what the European live server does.  You can log on one account for free.  You have to pay for the second and third accounts.

The comment that you don't want to pay for a game that is free is interesting.  Some one has to pay or the game will end.  NCWest is not a charity.  The free to play players add value to the game, help the economy and such.  But they cannot expect to have priority over paying customers.   

1 minute ago, Lawman said:

Reality check. For as long as I can remember, 3 accounts were permitted on each computer.  This makes boxing inevitable and by strong implication suggests that NCWest condones it.  Boxing the three permitted accounts is certainly not cheating.  Obviously, running more than three accounts on one computer is cheating, as is using software to automate, but those are separate issues.  

An easy fix would be to do what the European live server does.  You can log on one account for free.  You have to pay for the second and third accounts.

The comment that you don't want to pay for a game that is free is interesting.  Some one has to pay or the game will end.  NCWest is not a charity.  The free to play players add value to the game, help the economy and such.  But they cannot expect to have priority over paying customers.   

Reality check. Free2Play is NOT equal Pay2Win PERIOD

Money is NCWest problem. Not ours! The fact that you are shopping in a store does not make you a co-owner who decides about anything.

BOXing was a solution for decreasing servers population. It is not solving anything, only delay inevitable. If nothing will be changed.

Question: If I spend ... $1000 monthly am I allowed to use any kind of CHEATs/BOTs and tricks to play as much as I want? Do you see a flaw in your reasoning?

On 10/13/2018 at 12:19 PM, Hydrosphere said:

3k boxes(or even more) on 6k server is f-ing ridiculous. 

stop making this server garbage, hardcore grind? then stop letting ppl use 9 f-ing accounts (they even talk about it PROUDLY on global). why tf would you guys though it was a good idea? 

looking at this makes me sad, jokes on me that i was hyped for that, forgot you can f-ing ruin everything you did good

@Hime @Juji

there is shitload of workarounds arround this, ppls will still box

56 minutes ago, Fulkman said:

Reality check. Free2Play is NOT equal Pay2Win PERIOD

Money is NCWest problem. Not ours! The fact that you are shopping in a store does not make you a co-owner who decides about anything.

BOXing was a solution for decreasing servers population. It is not solving anything, only delay inevitable. If nothing will be changed.

Question: If I spend ... $1000 monthly am I allowed to use any kind of CHEATs/BOTs and tricks to play as much as I want? Do you see a flaw in your reasoning?

Thanks for the reply.

Personally, I hate F2P because it inevitably becomes P2W, which I hate.  I'd much prefer subscription, but that is not what NCWest has chosen to do.  We have to accept that and move on.

Yes, money is NCWest's problem, not ours, so let's look at it from their standpoint.  Do you think they are going to favor freeloaders or paying customers?  Assuming they want to stay in business, that's a pretty easy question to answer.  You're right that the fact that I'm shopping in a store doesn't make me a co-owner who decides about anything.  And I'm obviously not deciding anything (nor was I even trying too, if you read my comment carefully).  I'm just suggesting that it is not realistic to expect the actual owner to act against its own interest by favoring freeloaders over paying customers.

The three accounts have always been allowed, even before decreasing server populations.  We'll leave it to NCWest to say why that's the case, but it is likely not realistic to expect them to change that rule now.  Again, assume NCWest wants to make a profit.  Many of the second and third accounts are paying customers.  If my suggestion was adopted, all of them would be.  Realistically, NCWest is not likely to act against its own financial interests.

Your last question is beside the point.  No amount of money should permit people to cheat in any way.  That is completely different than saying that people who do pay money should be able to take advantage of whatever LEGAL perks NCWest offers them.  Do you see the difference?  

3 minutes ago, Lawman said:

Thanks for the reply.

Personally, I hate F2P because it inevitably becomes P2W, which I hate.  I'd much prefer subscription, but that is not what NCWest has chosen to do.  We have to accept that and move on.

Yes, money is NCWest's problem, not ours, so let's look at it from their standpoint.  Do you think they are going to favor freeloaders or paying customers?  Assuming they want to stay in business, that's a pretty easy question to answer.  You're right that the fact that I'm shopping in a store doesn't make me a co-owner who decides about anything.  And I'm obviously not deciding anything (nor was I even trying too, if you read my comment carefully).  I'm just suggesting that it is not realistic to expect the actual owner to act against its own interest by favoring freeloaders over paying customers.

The three accounts have always been allowed, even before decreasing server populations.  We'll leave it to NCWest to say why that's the case, but it is likely not realistic to expect them to change that rule now.  Again, assume NCWest wants to make a profit.  Many of the second and third accounts are paying customers.  If my suggestion was adopted, all of them would be.  Realistically, NCWest is not likely to act against its own financial interests.

Your last question is beside the point.  No amount of money should permit people to cheat in any way.  That is completely different than saying that people who do pay money should be able to take advantage of whatever LEGAL perks NCWest offers them.  Do you see the difference?  

Generally you are right almost everywhere.
But it was P2P (Pay2Play) and started F2P concept. And now what I see is P2W (using BOXes and allow BOTs) and P2P (queue) - back to subscription that failed them before?

The difference in our thinking is what should and what should not be considered LEGAL. I accept that is a Company that needs money to survive. But I don't accept by any means necessary.

The best option for F2P people is only cosmetic staff in L2shop. I undestand that is very hard.

My solution: add weapon/armor to the shop (even B grade now), but:
- cannot be dropped/sold/exchange (bind to the character who bought the item)
- if PK 4+ and get killed its destroyed (non L2shop are dropped)
- cant be enchanted
- only selected items (secend from top each grade etc)
Its only a fast idea about L2shop. Reducing BOTs (adena have less value for people who have money to spend)

29 minutes ago, Fulkman said:

Generally you are right almost everywhere.
But it was P2P (Pay2Play) and started F2P concept. And now what I see is P2W (using BOXes and allow BOTs) and P2P (queue) - back to subscription that failed them before?

The difference in our thinking is what should and what should not be considered LEGAL. I accept that is a Company that needs money to survive. But I don't accept by any means necessary.

The best option for F2P people is only cosmetic staff in L2shop. I undestand that is very hard.

My solution: add weapon/armor to the shop (even B grade now), but:
- cannot be dropped/sold/exchange (bind to the character who bought the item)
- if PK 4+ and get killed its destroyed (non L2shop are dropped)
- cant be enchanted
- only selected items (secend from top each grade etc)
Its only a fast idea about L2shop. Reducing BOTs (adena have less value for people who have money to spend)

I agree completely that a company shouldn't use any means necessary.  Nerfing the rates without warning us was bait-and-switch and borderline fraud.  It was entirely improper.  But I'm not clear what that has to do with our discussion.  There is nothing legally or ethically wrong with saying paying customers get extra privileges (as long as those privileges are disclosed) and freeloaders don't get these privileges.  Indeed, the company is under no obligation to let freeloaders play at all.  That they've chosen to do so in no way means they've forfeited the right to give preference to paying customers.

The only thing I can thing of that might be considered unethical is not disclosing that if the servers are full paying customers will be given preference (though, goodness knows, it would be reasonable for the customers to assume it).  The company should have warned the freeloaders that they could play only if there was room for them.  I'm not clear what recourse freeloaders have, however.  Since they haven't paid anything, they arguably haven't been harmed in a compensable way.  Besides, they knew from the very first day that the servers were overloaded, that three accounts per computer were permitted, that fishing was permitted and automated, that private stores were permitted, that off-line stores and an auction house did not exist, etc.  They could reasonably assume that the company would act in its own financial interest and give preference to paying customers.

It gets a bit more complicated for players who bought the pre-opening packages and can't get in to claim their VIP status.  They should be offered immediate refunds or given VIP access even before they log on for the first time.  The company has mishandled this.

Not sure I agree with your suggestion about L2Store items, but it's a creative idea and we can use more of those. 

Your logic of get VIP to negate the waiting in a line is retarded. I have been VIP4 since launch and have spent enough to be VIP6 now and guess what? Still have an hour long wait to get into server. They need to get their heads out their butthole's and fix this or allow transfers to a new server that has a lower pop. I didnt spend money to play login and wait simulator><

4 minutes ago, Vigmundr said:

Your logic of get VIP to negate the waiting in a line is retarded. I have been VIP4 since launch and have spent enough to be VIP6 now and guess what? Still have an hour long wait to get into server. They need to get their heads out their butthole's and fix this or allow transfers to a new server that has a lower pop. I didnt spend money to play login and wait simulator><

I agree, in theory, but none of us who are saying this is an easy fix know whether NCWest has the hardware capacity to support another server.  Obviously, if they do, they should have already added a server and provided free transfers of all characters in an account and VIP status to the new server.  Given that they haven't done so, I can't help but wonder if they have the ability to do so.  The same is true of expanding the capacity of the existing servers.  If they can, they should.  If they can't, they should tell us so.

13 minutes ago, Lawman said:

I agree completely that a company shouldn't use any means necessary.  Nerfing the rates without warning us was bait-and-switch and borderline fraud.  It was entirely improper.  But I'm not clear what that has to do with our discussion.  There is nothing legally or ethically wrong with saying paying customers get extra privileges (as long as those privileges are disclosed) and freeloaders don't get these privileges.  Indeed, the company is under no obligation to let freeloaders play at all.  That they've chosen to do so in no way means they've forfeited the right to give preference to paying customers.

Q: Will the game be subscription or free-to-play?
Lineage II Classic is free-to-play with an optional in-game store that allows players to purchase in-game boosts, such as improved XP/SP efficiency, buffs, and cosmetic items. Lineage II Classic additionally has a Classic VIP Rewards Program, which rewards those who regularly make NCoin purchases from the L2 Store.

There is no difference if you pay or not. You (NCSoft) can't say one thing and do something else...

26 minutes ago, Vigmundr said:

New server or increase capacity is not a solution. It is one big mess in all servers right now.

Agreed. I dislike boxing... On classic it was a thing, but a lot less common because someone had to purchase however many copies of the game AND pay a monthy subscription for each one. 

If there were only a few boxes, would not be a big deal... but everywhere I go its players multi-boxing, some botting, these are serious issues that will cripple the game and need to be fixed.

Cannot WAIT for siege warfare where the 3-6 boxing players target 1 guy /assist /useskill NUKE gg. 

/sarcasm...

People saying boxing is part of l2 should be insta banned. L2 allowed dual box because you had to pay for each account. L2 is meant to play with and against other players, hard-core means having to struggle, not dual box and solo all the time. As I said before, I have 2 accounts with VIP because I don't have time to wait 8h for a queue but if 1 account per pc was the new rule I would be happy about it. Support classes will be non existent because of dumbasses that don't know shit about this game.

2 minutes ago, MrYalef said:

How we can make a petition? Someone start it please! OMG D:

All servers would be 1 box!!! T_T

We don't need revolution here...There is very EASY solution for all what is happening here.

@Juji @Hime Give as ONE (only 1 - I prefer EU timezone) server where BOX/BOT are disallowed. And hunted by GMs! This part is very crucial. If you dont have resource for GM 24/7 pick them from your own community - they need only kick from server privilege. There must be a GM on server as long as possible if you want anything to worked at this moment.

Archived