Forums

1 computer = 1 account

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, FatHips said:

Have you ever played live servers? Adena drop is pathetic.  Adena is farmed by FREE bots, almost exclusively.

GOD was a complete failure in every single way, free to play, class changes, mechanics, quests, everything.  F2P was probably the single largest factor, because it led to pay to win.

Literally everything you said is subjective and business decisions cannot be made on that type of information.  Naivity.

BOTs... as long as they pay their fees. NCSoft will not do anything about them. Ban maybe the most stupid and the most obvious one. The same applies to BOXes.

Both of these things have a negative impact on the game itself. "boxes are part of the game" - BS

3 minutes ago, weakzterz said:

make the 4th server one account per pc please 

That is want i will love to see. Dont care about other servers. Let them stay as they are. But unfortunately... not gona happen :(

4 minutes ago, Fulkman said:

BOTs... as long as they pay their fees. NCSoft will not do anything about them. Ban maybe the most stupid and the most obvious one. The same applies to BOXes.

Both of these things have a negative impact on the game itself. "boxes are part of the game" - BS

That is want i will love to see. Dont care about other servers. Let them stay as they are. But unfortunately... not gona happen :(

It's fairly objective to say bots have a negative impact.

It's quite debatable if boxes have a positive or negative impact.  I can think of very good reasons for both (considering short, medium, long term effects).

For long-term sustainability, I think the answer is it's obviously good for the game to allow multi-clients.  Otherwise you are forced to play in a group all the time on most classes, which means a very high barrier of entry for the game, which will kill it just as well as pay to win does.  It could make some sense if everyone on the server was in the same timezone.  But as it stands, I think it's very impractical.  The very fact that sellshops are only available online shows that boxing was intended.  These are all my opinions, don't get me wrong.

Honestly you're trying to change the game into something it's not.  Play WoW or something :P

they are not goin to create fourth 1account/PC server couse its not worth it. They allowed multiboxing so people pay multiple times for VIP status. One customer have 3 accounts = he paid 3x more than he would pay if he had one account. And even with one account there are hundreds of people whining for 1$ / month - this is not NC Soft target group. You dont pay = u dont have a potential value in their eyes and its 100% rational.

4th server = one more server to pay for and delegate people for customer services = costs. Only 1 window / user = even less money couse here comes a wave of declared f2p users who feel insulted if they have to pay for products = idiots ofc. = less money for NCSoft. People that rly WANT that server is like 1/10? 1/20 of server population? Theese are not NEW PLAYERS theese are just a small part that would MOVE to the 4th server = less players on 3 previous servers in cost of 4th server rent and same ammount of players totally. If it was a rule from servers opening it would be just fine for me as i can main any class and do well but now.. its not going to happen.

2 minutes ago, Sielawa said:

they are not goin to create fourth 1account/PC server couse its not worth it. They allowed multiboxing so people pay multiple times for VIP status. One customer have 3 accounts = he paid 3x more than he would pay if he had one account. And even with one account there are hundreds of people whining for 1$ / month - this is not NC Soft target group. You dont pay = u dont have a potential value in their eyes and its 100% rational.

Yes. And that is the biggest problem. NCSoft dont want make L2 great. Just wants to suck the last money out of everyone.
This seems great for them in the short run. But not in the long run.

7 minutes ago, Sielawa said:

4th server = one more server to pay for and delegate people for customer services = costs. Only 1 window / user = even less money couse here comes a wave of declared f2p users who feel insulted if they have to pay for products = idiots ofc. = less money for NCSoft. People that rly WANT that server is like 1/10? 1/20 of server population? Theese are not NEW PLAYERS theese are just a small part that would MOVE to the 4th server = less players on 3 previous servers in cost of 4th server rent and same ammount of players totally. If it was a rule from servers opening it would be just fine for me as i can main any class and do well but now.. its not going to happen.

You have no idea what are you telling about. Cost for the next server is negligible. Delegate people? What are you telling about. I dont see any GM on any classic server. They just run it and run from it. Nobody (NCSoft staff) care about what is happening on the servers...

L2 can calmly experience his second youth. But their approach must be changed.

57 minutes ago, Fulkman said:

Yes. And that is the biggest problem. NCSoft dont want make L2 great. Just wants to suck the last money out of everyone.
This seems great for them in the short run. But not in the long run.

You have no idea what are you telling about. Cost for the next server is negligible. Delegate people? What are you telling about. I dont see any GM on any classic server. They just run it and run from it. Nobody (NCSoft staff) care about what is happening on the servers...

L2 can calmly experience his second youth. But their approach must be changed.

Alright, this is enough.  You've definitely never worked in software of a real company.  Stop making wild assumptions.

2 hours ago, FatHips said:

Mechnically speaking, being able to keep mentally straight multiple boxes and a progression of use dynamically when needed is absolutely a higher level of mechnical and mental skill than just clicking on F1 constantly.  This is just mechanics.  Your argument is hilarious, I'll give you that.

You got me, I'm terrible, always have been.  I guess getting 70x hero on a buffer class was by accident :D

Boxing is literally built into the game mechanics and game balance and has been imperically proven 100 times over.  This is a dead argument and pointless, not to mention rehashed a thousand times, but good luck with your attempt to kill the game.  All your proposal would do is put a higher barrier of entry and skill cap to boxing.  I'd have to run four pc's instead of two.  Not a big deal for me, but you'd surely punish those who are unable.  So in your altruistic attemp to communize the server, you'd actually make the gap wider between those who are good and who are not.

I rarely if ever play solo, boxing has literally nothing to do with that.  Boxing is about maximizing efficiency.  Even 9 man CP's usually have extra boxes to increase efficiency, I'm guessing that's going to make your head explode. 

giphy.gif

We ran a 9 man group yesterday with 2 boxes out of party, and we're on the first month of the server.

I see no points, all I see is crying other players outplay you.  Same kind of garbage player that quits in a month due to not understanding the game and falling behind.  Do it, say it's unfair.  Get your participation trophy and go home a winner :-)

Your gloating about how good you are, would be impressive if you didn't use scripts. Reminds me of martlex, a guy banned countless times for botting/scripting, yet thinks hes the best player on earth.....who has to use automation to play lol.

other than that your point about multi box is correct. The current 3 box limit is more than enough however.

1 minute ago, krookedz said:

Only way to make 1 client per PC is to make it the same for Live servers as they share the same client (big mistake imo)- so it's not going to happen on classic

Using 2 or 3 pc by 1 person also is not recommended. Client have nothing to do with it.

Archived