This is getting ridiculous. Solution exists but nothing is done about it

zzzzzzzz

I cant believe such a producer as NCwest is doing worse then ANY private server out there.
Its unbelievable u started 2 servers . (u planned going with 1 lol)

1st. Its time to reduce the max boxes to 1+1 (1 main +1 box).  disable fishing isnt really a solution but reducing boxes actually is and it will lead to much less fishers and ppl will have to chose between exp or fishing.

2nd. kick ANY char that havent done ANY action in the past 1h. (ATLEAST 70% of the online chars are not relogging EVER cuz they kow they wont be able to log ever again lol )
or make it 4-5h cuz the shops. idk but something MUST BE DONE!

3rd.  its time to realize that the player point of view is much more reliable then game devs. ppl actually play this game and they are the ones that experience all the flaws of the system!

4th. Its time to actually ban the Russian IPs .  they are the plague in this game since 2008.   99% OF THE RMT SPAM ARE RUSSIAN WEBSITES . THEY ARE FARMING WITH AOE PARTIES 24/7 SINCE START.  NO! ITS NOT THE BOTS. ITS THE AOE RUSSIAN GROUPS.

42 minutes ago, zzzzzzzz said:

4th. Its time to actually ban the Russian IPs .  they are the plague in this game since 2008.   99% OF THE RMT SPAM ARE RUSSIAN WEBSITES . THEY ARE FARMING WITH AOE PARTIES 24/7 SINCE START.  NO! ITS NOT THE BOTS. ITS THE AOE RUSSIAN GROUPS.

... this! 100% agree.

56 minutes ago, zzzzzzzz said:

I cant believe such a producer as NCwest is doing worse then ANY private server out there.

1st. Its time to reduce the max boxes to 1+1 (1 main +1 box).  disable fishing isnt really a solution but reducing boxes actually is and it will lead to much less fishers and ppl will have to chose between exp or fishing.

2nd. kick ANY char that havent done ANY action in the past 1h. (ATLEAST 70% of the online chars are not relogging EVER cuz they kow they wont be able to log ever again lol )

3rd.  its time to realize that the player point of view is much more reliable then game devs. ppl actually play this game and they are the ones that experience all the flaws of the system!

1.  I have several PCs and like me there are many others ... so  ya there is that

2   AFK stores and fishing are a core part of the game now .... so ya there is that

3   No.  If they have been in the business several years .....so ya there is that

4   I guess?  Never like the whole lets ban a whole nation but I get it with the RMT stuff

We grown to be a society of entitlement.  We all know that this is just the hype.  Server population will normalize @ some point.  Heck this is like a GYM in January... so ya there is that

so by ur logic lets keep the server full of boxes and afk fishers so ppl that actually wanna play cant login? 

1 not everyone got x2 PCs. id say even more then 60% of the playerbase dont
2. i understand shops and fishing are core part of the game . but afk chars are core of the issue now. fishing cannot be disabled and stores neither BUT afk chars (outside of town?) can .  if u havent fish/move/use any skill/action in the last 1h or more is fair enough to get DC. ppl wanna play . i dont want ppl with multiple boxes/PCs to sleep/afk while ppl that actually wanna play cant even login cuz of em. this is nonsense.
3. yes . 99% of them never experienced the issues i mentioned above or played the game at all (the gameplay that we experience i mean)
4.  u have no idea what russians are doing to ANY server. if u had u woidnt be playing this game anymore.

Winter is coming and the server is going stronger and stronger DAILY . it will just get worse. Aden server went from 200 to 5k online for 4 days . the queues are increasing more and more and more.  these issues will keep growing and growing the next few months and will peak at christmas . 
remember my words.

These won't solve the problem. Problem is VIP is nontransferable between servers. If players could transfer their character to a new server things would be better. I propose opening a new server with optional free server transfer that transfers character +vip and any runes.

7 minutes ago, zzzzzzzz said:

so by ur logic lets keep the server full of boxes and afk fishers so ppl that actually wanna play cant login? 

1 not everyone got x2 PCs. id say even more then 60% of the playerbase dont
2. i understand shops and fishing are core part of the game . but afk chars are core of the issue now. fishing cannot be disabled and stores neither BUT afk chars (outside of town?) can .  if u havent fish/move/use any skill/action in the last 1h or more is fair enough to get DC. ppl wanna play . i dont want ppl with multiple boxes/PCs to sleep/afk while ppl that actually wanna play cant even login cuz of em. this is nonsense.
3. yes . 99% of them never experienced the issues i mentioned above or played the game at all (the gameplay that we experience i mean)
4.  u have no idea what russians are doing to ANY server. if u had u woidnt be playing this game anymore.

Winter is coming and the server is going stronger and stronger DAILY . it will just get worse. Aden server went from 200 to 5k online for 4 days . the queues are increasing more and more and more.  these issues will keep growing and growing the next few months and will peak at christmas . 
remember my words.

1 you just throw 60% out of nowhere didn't ya :P

2 I agree with you but it wont happen

3 Ok

4 Well I do agree but you know it kinda sucks just go let's ban a whole demographic.  Back in the day was Chinese farmers :P

1 hour ago, zzzzzzzz said:

all the staff is going back to work on monday, dont expect anything now

58 minutes ago, beleaua said:

yea back in the day it was the chinese, they banned them and players themselves (na) started doing it and taking bots place.

4h AOE = 24h bot. hell not even bot but any melee char farm ...  bots are not rly the issue.  the RMT is comming from the AOE tryhard CPs.

9 minutes ago, jghphhhf2 said:

4h AOE = 24h bot. hell not even bot but any melee char farm ...  bots are not rly the issue.  the RMT is comming from the AOE tryhard CPs.

idk what are you trying to say but i didn't want to point fingers at anyone. people saw how players from big clans were 24/7 bots near the end of the p2p times. they removed the chinese farmers for nothing because american made bot software took place instead.

So many people with the same bad ideas.

"HUR DURR I CANTS LOG INSSS!!!!!! BAN THE AFKSSS!!!!!!!" *drools*

14 years ago the servers could support upwards of 15,000 players at once. You rarely saw login ques and there were over 300,000 subs active for 7 servers. Yes adena farmers are a problem. The afk shops have ALWAYS been a thing. This isn't anything new. This IS how the game was at launch 14 years ago. The auction house on the live servers is NEW and NOT part of the original game. In fact the auction house didn't even come to the game until AFTER the game went from Pay To Play to Free To Play.

The solution for the que problem is indeed simple, as some would suggest. It IS NOT kicking people afk nor is it limiting play times nor accounts. The solution is to expand the login capacity of the servers. Modern servers and networks are vastly more powerful and can handle magnitudes more connections than servers 14 years ago. NC Soft just has to be willing to spend the money. Buy better servers that can handle the greater traffic and increase the limit on connections from 6,000 per server to at least 18,000. Personally, I'd say increase it to 24,000 per server then adjust as numbers stabilize.

3 hours ago, zzzzzzzz said:

You know, we (LIVE players) have been warning NCWest about the NCoin purchaseable items (e.g. Stews) that will be deleted during a routine maintenance after a month or two of Etina's End/Fate release (as was in Korea and EU/RU).

This was reported to them even before EE/EF release, the topic was always near the top of the Gen Discussion forum, people kept bumping and pinging Juji/Hime for info about this.

Then the routine maintenance finally came, months later, and you know what? Stews and other NCoin-costing items got deleted.

If you want to be listened to, you came to the wrong place, buddy. The issues with queue etc. will stay as they are until NCwest themselves figure out that it might be a problem and that there might be a way to fix it. You can keep creating the topics or asking people to bump them, NC isn't going to listen to a single word of a nonfactor like you.

20 minutes ago, Medeoan said:

14 years ago the servers could support upwards of 15,000 players at once. You rarely saw login ques and there were over 300,000 subs active for 7 servers. Yes adena farmers are a problem. The afk shops have ALWAYS been a thing. This isn't anything new. This IS how the game was at launch 14 years ago. The auction house on the live servers is NEW and NOT part of the original game. In fact the auction house didn't even come to the game until AFTER the game went from Pay To Play to Free To Play.

The solution for the que problem is indeed simple, as some would suggest. It IS NOT kicking people afk nor is it limiting play times nor accounts. The solution is to expand the login capacity of the servers. Modern servers and networks are vastly more powerful and can handle magnitudes more connections than servers 14 years ago. NC Soft just has to be willing to spend the money. Buy better servers that can handle the greater traffic and increase the limit on connections from 6,000 per server to at least 18,000. Personally, I'd say increase it to 24,000 per server then adjust as numbers stabilize.

They did that in Chronos when GoD was launched. It was a chaos of people everywhere, there were almost no mobs to kill, you could barely walk in the cities. It's not that simple.

Just now, Devoid said:

nonfactor

Such a stupid word, but accurate to some extent. That would apply to everyone I suppose. To really matter to the powers that be, you have to be a significant stock holder, i.e. someone who can lay claim to real influence over the Board of Directors back in Seoul.

Just now, Ferdinand said:

They did that in Chronos when GoD was launched. It was a chaos of people everywhere, there were almost no mobs to kill, you could barely walk in the cities. It's not that simple.

300,000 subs / 7 = 42,857 players on average per server. Granted not everyone was logged in at the same time, that is still a vastly larger number than those who can play right now. So at one time they did find a way to make it work.

They've made wrong choises before the start of the server, in my opinion they shouldn't allow dual box not even one because this means we will never see any main buffers and this reduces the amount of single players on the server. And about the afk stores, they should only be offline so that when you sell you are automatically logged off of the game and then when you want to play again you have to relog to the game and wait in a queue. This will make the game be playable for everyone and no one will be in advantage over others that just want to play one characteer. 

46 minutes ago, Medeoan said:

you're confusing things. the client and the server side back then wasn't this big. there are many more things going on in the game right now, counting that this is the client for both live and classic and a lot more things are counted. just a small example. back then the max adena you could hold was around 2^31-1, basically a 32 bit. now that number is way higher and needs more memory to be stored in.  so everything went higher but also more stuff was added so even more memory is required. so you can't really compare the servers back then with the servers right now. bigger amount of data is being hold and bigger amount of data is being stored into databases. i gave you the example with memory because most servers nowadays operate within memory and don't write to disks often, for obvious reasons.

you're right that hardware also went up with years but unfortunately they rent these servers and they are probably very costly. they have a few games and all their servers point to dallas, a server farm. don't expect miracles in terms of hardware. chronos is starting to lag and shots have delay when more people log in. shows that the hardware is not great.

also back in the day the number of connections where far from being 15k. people's memories are tricky. at start server capacity was 5000, later around 6k. even found an old post from the old forum saying the same.

Other people had mentioned not being able to login before due to server being packed, but it never happened to me until just now.

I went to a site that others provided to see how many players is actually on, and it seems the maximum number of players a server can hold is 6,000 max (5950 spaces for players, 50 reserved for GM).

I recall when L2 was first introduced at 2004, they said max players possible per server is 5,000, so 6,000 is probably a newer server.

this is a post from 7-8 years ago

You can't tell me they can't do it. WoW upgraded to a 64 bit engine years ago and each server they have can support a fantastically larger number simultaneous connections. Also memory is much more plentiful now too. Back in 2004, I had only 4 gigs of DDR1 memory. Today I have 32 gigs of DDR4 memory. I see servers all the time boasting upwards of a TERABYTE in just ram alone. More commonly in the hundreds of gigbytes.

Bottom line is and always has been cost. I think we are in agreement there. Personally, I think they should invest in the better servers and/or more servers with optimal timezones for the player base. Having more room for players to enjoy the game can only mean a larger pond who will potentially invest in the cash shop and/or Elite programs. That would help their bottom line.

13 minutes ago, Medeoan said:

You can't tell me they can't do it. WoW upgraded to a 64 bit engine years ago and each server they have can support a fantastically larger number simultaneous connections. Also memory is much more plentiful now too. Back in 2004, I had only 4 gigs of DDR1 memory. Today I have 32 gigs of DDR4 memory. I see servers all the time boasting upwards of a TERABYTE in just ram alone. More commonly in the hundreds of gigbytes.

Bottom line is and always has been cost. I think we are in agreement there. Personally, I think they should invest in the better servers and/or more servers with optimal timezones for the player base. Having more room for players to enjoy the game can only mean a larger pond who will potentially invest in the cash shop and/or Elite programs. That would help their bottom line.

we can't really compare to wow, or more to say blizzard, which they changed a lot of things. ncsoft mostly patched the old game instead of rethinking it. they don't and didn't expect a big number of players to play anymore, just to maintain the existing population. also a smaller company like ncsoft is expected to pay for less hardware because low population is expected. so they probably ordered the same hardware as the older servers  but that doesn't matter if there is software limitation. remember that they said they will open one, they they said two, now there are three. unexpected.

ncsoft have that in their newer games, server balance between multiple physical servers when something like this happens, but not in this ancient game. i think the only solution is to open a new server because the servers are most likely at their top capacity and can't up it anymore, no matter if they improve the hardware.

There's a company called Amazon.

They started with books, but they rent servers...you can rent a server and if you need more storage, you can add it in a single click, want more memory? Single click...

Want more processors, more threads, you can rent it all according to your needs... need to decrease? Very easy too. So they can't argue that they don't have a good server or that its hard to increase server capacity...

They should increase server limit to 30k... and put some full time GMs to ban bots/adena sellers. They can even put some programmers to check the event log, they just need to run a script to search all players that had said adena seller sites names/links. They can find bots by analysing some common patters (party, full time on, full time hitting, no consumables used, no scapes, a lot of macros, hitting mobs that gave poor exp and so on. 

Its a really lack of skill the whole company show, it's like if you ask your grandma to run a IT gaming company... that's insane... seens like a bad joke.

5 minutes ago, HEPAragorn said:

There's a company called Amazon.

They started with books, but they rent servers...you can rent a server and if you need more storage, you can add it in a single click, want more memory? Single click...

Want more processors, more threads, you can rent it all according to your needs... need to decrease? Very easy too. So they can't argue that they don't have a good server or that its hard to increase server capacity...

They should increase server limit to 30k... and put some full time GMs to ban bots/adena sellers. They can even put some programmers to check the event log, they just need to run a script to search all players that had said adena seller sites names/links. They can find bots by analysing some common patters (party, full time on, full time hitting, no consumables used, no scapes, a lot of macros, hitting mobs that gave poor exp and so on. 

Its a really lack of skill the whole company show, it's like if you ask your grandma to run a IT gaming company... that's insane... seens like a bad joke.

you have a very puerile mode of thinking. they rent the servers, it's not physically theirs.  the amount of connections they have, the amount of data is processed every second, it's not something for your average aws servers to handle. last but not least, the server side is a software, which needs big changes to do something like that. you need to start taking cs classes before writing something like that.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:29 PM, Saviorself said:

They've made wrong choises before the start of the server, in my opinion they shouldn't allow dual box not even one because this means we will never see any main buffers and this reduces the amount of single players on the server. And about the afk stores, they should only be offline so that when you sell you are automatically logged off of the game and then when you want to play again you have to relog to the game and wait in a queue. This will make the game be playable for everyone and no one will be in advantage over others that just want to play one characteer. 

I'd like to see you main as a buffer and still enjoy game.  L2 has always been like that, they'd have to change how the classes fundamentally play all together.  Act like every1 wants to multi-box - it's almost a requirement.  Lineage 1 still better than L2, let's try that next NCWest - bring Lin1 back to WEST.

Archived