Simple solution to manage the queue problem, and some more problems too

Qwald

Hi, i have a simple set of things to be done, they will manage the queue, and also we will get more comfort in game:

1) turn on Auction house - it will  remove 500-1000 useless traders from server, and also buying and selling items will become much faster and more comfortable.

2) remove Memorable event, or make Box distribution only between characters who attacked event mob - this will remove 300-600 afkers who stand near event spawn points

3) remove auto fishing, or change minimum lvl for it (50+ or something like that) - this will remove 500-800 afk fishermen

4) 2 box for 1 PC

@Hime @Juji

Game world cannot handle such numbers.

I've been on Chronos when GoD arrived, capacity was rised to 6700, and that was horrible - lots of people everywhere, no alive mob, DC every hour... no man, 5000-5500 is the maximum for la2.

4 minutes ago, Qwald said:

Hi, i have a simple set of things to be done, they will manage the queue, and also we will get more comfort in game:

1) turn on Auction house - it will  remove 500-1000 useless traders from server, and also buying and selling items will become much faster and more comfortable.

2) remove Memorable event, or make Box distribution only between characters who attacked event mob - this will remove 300-600 afkers who stand near event spawn points

3) remove auto fishing, or change minimum lvl for it (50+ or something like that) - this will remove 500-800 afk fishermen

4) 2 box for 1 PC

@Hime @Juji

1. No need afk auction.

2. Agree.

3. Fishing only for VIP.

3. 1 Free acc, for other 2 boxes u need VIP.

It's not that easy to just "increase capacity" because the server itself can't probably withstand such amount of players and would become unstable and so unplayable for anyone in it. They just need to fix the login so ppl won't be afraid to close the client once done playing, instead of staying afk sitting aorund for hours just cause they're scared they won't be able to log back in. Maybe add a server and make ppl be able to transfer too. 

Just now, Qwald said:

I've benn on Chronos when GoD arrived, capacity was rised to 6700, and that was horrible - lots of people everywhere, no alive mob, DC every hour... no man, 5000-5500 is the maximum for la2.

Same thing happened to me, it was a disaster. They will have to take one of those measures if they don't want to add one more server. They probably don't want to add more servers because they will have to remove them after a certain time as in Live.

5 minutes ago, Qwald said:

I've been on Chronos when GoD arrived, capacity was rised to 6700, and that was horrible - lots of people everywhere, no alive mob, DC every hour... no man, 5000-5500 is the maximum for la2.

We had FAR more than that online back in Vanilla and it wasn't near the problem you make it out to be. Another fair option would be more servers within identical time zones. Each server doesn't have to be a different time zone.

11 minutos atrás, Qwald disse:

Oi, eu tenho um conjunto simples de coisas para fazer, eles vão gerenciar a fila, e também vamos ter mais conforto no jogo:

1) ativar a casa de leilões - ele irá remover 500-1000 comerciantes inúteis do servidor, e também comprar e vender itens se tornará muito mais rápido e confortável.

2) remover evento memorável, ou fazer distribuição de caixa apenas entre os personagens que atacaram mob evento - isso irá remover 300-600 afkers que estão perto de pontos de desova do evento

3) remover a pesca automática, ou alterar o mínimo de lvl para ela (50+ ou algo assim) - isso irá remover 500-800 pescadores afk

4) 2 caixa para 1 PC

@Hime  @Juji

1º agree

2º agree

3º Fishing Saturday and Sunday should be banned

4º agree

I agree. All the trade should be done from auction houses. 

We have like 1k of people lagging all the towns for what? Some STUPID players trying to sell no grade arrows for 150 thousands adena each... some people trying to buy mats for 1 adena... people trying to sell store itens at a increased price. People trying to sell Stem for 40k saying its a bow part... it's stupid, most of the stores. Let just players with private workshops... they are few and they use their mp for creating.

But mats, it should be auction, you have a list of prices/quantities people want to sell/buy, with the best prices at the front, so people will be able to find the best prices in some seconds instead of some hours and the lag will be reduced, the on line players too.

Also, increase the players limit... the bots will always be on line 24/7, limiting the real players will never help anything. If hunting zones become full, just decrease respaw times. People will always find a place to level up, will find a way to make the bots be killed (like stunning then and letting the mobs finish then).

Archived