L2 Disapointed Me

Truffail

Dear Conguero, Hime, and to NcWest Staff,

As a long time fan and player of L2 since 2004, I am seriously disappointed in where this game is today:

Right now, L2 is free to play, until a player reaches level 99.

After that, the game is "Let's play who can enter their credit card number the most!"

What fun is this?
Were is any sense of accomplishment?

You really expect your loyal players to just load up on Ncoin, click away in town, and hope they can beat the L2 random fails?

At least back in 2005, a player could smash monsters for a week and get a reward from the ground. Now there is nothing. The only option is the L2store icon.

I remember L2 being fun! You could log onto your character, do work, and find rewards. The game was hard, almost impossible, and seriously enjoyable at the same time.

Now, L2 is so easy. All you have to do is log on to the L2 website, enter your credit card number, and wait 3 minutes for the ncoin to post in game: You can instantly purchase cloak enchants and watch 20-30 fail in a row, blowing away 200-300 USD on a +2 pvp cloak. You could purchase the cloak enchants, sell them to other players and use your billions of adena to fail a  lvl 2 to 3  jewel compound.

Don't want to gamble? You could just sell your ncoin, buy fishing baits, and become level 101 in a few days... but have to gear and never be accepted to any end game parties. 

You really think this is what they had in mind for L2 from the start?
This is enjoyable how?

Next, pay 2 win at its finest! Why?

Shinny Shirts, Brooch Jewels, Cloaks, and now Agathions... are all L2 store exclusive items! These are, in my opinion, absolutely essential to play the game. To compete in pvp or pve (actually kill a monster in a timely manner) you need all these items. The most incredible thing is... they are all L2 store exclusive... most non trade-able. If they are trade-able... the adena value is outside any leisure player's actual ability to in game farm.

I wonder what's next on the development team's agenda?

Perhaps with next update, we have to now gear our agathions! Dare try and make us start with a lvl 1 agathion. Maybe we have to gear and level it up too. Ncsoft should add a +10 mini-agi-shiny shirts, equip with little blessed agathion brooch jewels, and mini-agi-dragon weapons! Maybe next month, to be top hero, you need a lvl 12 Scorpio agathion that is equipped with +50 cloak that is L2store exclusive and non trade-able for a one time fee of $47,000 USD!

You should hire me for the market team!

Moreover, why even have open fields at all? Let s remove that trashy open sandbox approach. We don't even have to waste money on the pixels and/or server. Let's just make another forum. This 3rd form will now be what we know as L2. Everyone will be allowed to have 3 accounts, your characters will be standing their waving, above there head is the $$$ money they spent on ncoin, and when you look at the picture, you can click yes or no to attack. If you attack, you die instantly... because the other players forum toon has a +++++ agathion with ++++underwear/bra they enchanted. 

That sounds fun! They paid more, so you die. Prety much what L2 is now. You have a L2 character, a bank statement showing ncoin purchase, and the items you purchased allow you to live or die when you leave town.

Honestly, really not that fun bro.

Do you not understand... the whole point of the game is to have fun!

For me, I have zero fun opening up my wallet, expected to fork out 2oo- 4oo dollars (depending if I got lucky, or more often then not... received another Ncsoft random bunch of fails in a row) for a 14 year old game. You want to know the thing I hear myself thinking the most, when playing this game? "No way, there is no way it would fail again that many times in a row!" ...click... click.. it fails again.

Seriously, there is so much more you could do with this great game and there is so much more we could be spending our money on for enjoyment.

So many players have offered positive posts and ideas. Do you even read them and present them to the team?

Example: there is countless areas lvl 85 and below that do nothing on the map. How hard is it to revamp these areas? Make the lvl 45 monster a now 99 and with a actual chance to drop 5-20 R gems. You know, the gems needed to do just about any improvement... but you need a lot... that you can't actually find in game. But the bots will take control, you say!

OMG, here is an idea... make these "new r-gems" non-tradable... just like about everything else in game. At least this way the new players can add a second SA to their weapons.

That's all you really have to do... take a lvl 1-85 hunting ground, change it to lvl 99, and make something fun drop that players can actually use to progress. Make a NPC randomly spawn in Dark elf village... that you can trade weapon and armor change scrolls into non-tradable R gems or R crys.  Seriously, wake up and make a change to make the game actually playable! 

I doubt you even know what I am talking about. So disappointed.

Such a waste of space. Such a waste of time.

I honestly doubt you have actually even log into the game in years.

I'm done wasting my thoughts, not like you will respond or actually do something in years to make this game even playable. 

Again, seriously disappointed where this game is today.

If you are a player reading this and just starting Lineage 2:  I strongly suggest staying away from this toxic game.

Greedy company, little to zero management, and complete pay to win.

Worst part, the game was a great game and was a lot of fun to play when the management actually cared.

I played the game like 14 years ago, it was L2 C2 IIRC.

Now i started again this Sunday, im currently level 65 with a Shilien Elder, comparing today with 14 years ago is piece of cake.

Today i dinged lvl 65 and have  a quest to slay 300 mobs, now i read this and other posts.

Could you or someone else explain me WTF is going on?

I want to spend a few hours or night while the kids and wife sleep, (bleep i wrote the exact thing about the wife like 14 years ago...then it was my gf.) have some fun, maybe some raids or OPs ala WoW or SWTOR.

Honestly i dont understand anything about this, do i really need to spend like 2000USD for PVE?because if this game is so shitty or toxic i will leave it behind in a sec.

Thanks.

20 minutes ago, Ghostaro said:

I played the game like 14 years ago, it was L2 C2 IIRC.

Now i started again this Sunday, im currently level 65 with a Shilien Elder, comparing today with 14 years ago is piece of cake.

Today i dinged lvl 65 and have  a quest to slay 300 mobs, now i read this and other posts.

Could you or someone else explain me WTF is going on?

I want to spend a few hours or night while the kids and wife sleep, (bleep i wrote the exact thing about the wife like 14 years ago...then it was my gf.) have some fun, maybe some raids or OPs ala WoW or SWTOR.

Honestly i dont understand anything about this, do i really need to spend like 2000USD for PVE?because if this game is so shitty or toxic i will leave it behind in a sec.

Thanks.

Starting L2 now if you dont have any gear and dont want to spend a fortune is completely useless, sadly.

They completely bleeped over any chance of getting new players, by nerfing literally EVERYTHING, every 85+ instances drops a EWR as best drop, which is 8kk adena. They even removed the XP runes that were given to lvl 1-85 players (that was mind blowing to me, after all the shit they got from making this game 100% pay to win and completely screwing over newer players with 0 drops, they yet again removed even more things from them with Salvation patch). Honestly, L2 and NC Soft is not what it used to be, nowadays it's just a bunch of greedy bleeps wanting to make the most $$$ possible before the game dies.. ust look at the website, new event coming up tomorrow, guess what? Another 100% pay to win event.

NC West doesnt give a bleep about it's players, they've proven that time and time again. Get your credit card ready or uninstall.

I also returned to retail after long years so far bcs of faculty,  first on ramona when server open the doors, but in one week ppl already spended 20k euro in brooch and had full end game brooch. Sooo server died atm. I returned to NA cuz i had an char from zaken when i played on vacation from faculty when zaken opened ,and my char come to chronos on merge.

When i played it on 2008 ,bro , that was l2, all could be farmable in game, spoil system was so fun, had more ppl in fortress war than sieges nowday.

Atm i get 101 , killed thousand of mobs, did instances and no profit on hours days and months on farm, just unstucked untill open the wallet, so wtf fun i have to find a nostalgic game to spend money? I want pve pvp , drop items adena , not to be forced to spend money to any in game.... Why rune drop if not have adena to drop? No sense game atm, and i already far from it for 7 days and have no motivation to continue, less one cp ingame , they just want a few rich ppl give free money to play this cassino roullete.

Ps - w8ing for cm gm to answer this truffail post, they just appears to announce about p2w store season. 

Archived