Dot resistance???

Thallatos

The odd: while single target frost flames is hard to works at some point, the AoE blazing quake works pretty easily even with a poor newbie gear without shots. I want to follow the path of Warcryer and there are not AoE debuffs as Overlord have. DEV probably understood the trick where shamans could leveling solo without shots just spamming frost flames... a pity... this way they are forcing support classes to be resigned to soulless dual boxes...

5 minutes ago, Peridot said:

The odd: while single target frost flames is hard to works at some point, the AoE blazing quake works pretty easily even with a poor newbie gear without shots. I want to follow the path of Warcryer and there are not AoE debuffs as Overlord have. DEV probably understood the trick where shamans could leveling solo without shots just spamming frost flames... a pity... this way they are forcing support classes to be resigned to soulless dual boxes...

The whole point, the bread and butter, of L2 is the open world, party vs party or more PVP. A party with 3-4 damage dealers and the 5 key support characters as active players will easily beat a party of similar level and gear with 2-3 boxes. Simply having an extra active WC that can sleep and stun over a boxed one makes a HUGE difference. Yes, if you want to play L2 as a grind fest for the sake of grinding, then having active supports other than a healer and a recharger for PVE doesn't make much sense, but in this case, you entirely miss the point of the game and you would be better off playing something else. You don't simply grind to be able to grind more, you grind to get an edge over other parties, clans, alliances. Literally all of the end game content of L2 is focused on mass PVP. At least in the older versions and Classic. From Kamael it started to going in a shitty direction, and from GOD it was an abomination.

5 hours ago, nbx said:

The whole point, the bread and butter, of L2 is the open world, party vs party or more PVP. A party with 3-4 damage dealers and the 5 key support characters as active players will easily beat a party of similar level and gear with 2-3 boxes. Simply having an extra active WC that can sleep and stun over a boxed one makes a HUGE difference. Yes, if you want to play L2 as a grind fest for the sake of grinding, then having active supports other than a healer and a recharger for PVE doesn't make much sense, but in this case, you entirely miss the point of the game and you would be better off playing something else. You don't simply grind to be able to grind more, you grind to get an edge over other parties, clans, alliances. Literally all of the end game content of L2 is focused on mass PVP. At least in the older versions and Classic. From Kamael it started to going in a shitty direction, and from GOD it was an abomination.

I dont see how is your comment relevant to this post... We are saying that our single target DoT -aka frost flame- does not work properly. 

Just in case of someone from the devs bothers to check this post, I am playing with robe-mage staff and sometimes run with empo and ss as well and still on white mobs I might even have to cast 5-6 frost flames before it gets through... They way this is working at the moment its almost impossible to solo xp as a shamman unless you hit much lower level monsters...

3 minutes ago, Vitamin said:

I dont see how is your comment relevant to this post... We are saying that our single target DoT -aka frost flame- does not work properly. 

Just in case of someone from the devs bothers to check this post, I am playing with robe-mage staff and sometimes run with empo and ss as well and still on white mobs I might even have to cast 5-6 frost flames before it gets through... They way this is working at the moment its almost impossible to solo xp as a shamman unless you hit much lower level monsters...

1) It was relevant to the last sentence in the comment I quoted.

2) You are not supposed to be able to solo xp as a shaman. You are not supposed to be able to solo xp as anyting, but especially not as a buffer. Not in Lineage 2.

So you are telling me that you find it normal that shamans debuffs get resisted 3/5 times they are cast to white monsters and other debuffs like poison root etc are working perfectly fine even in yellow monsters? Its even happening in pvp. Same level target as me with novice rings and i have to frost flame him 5-6 times.. This is not how its suppose to be and not how it used to be on classic era

On 14.10.2018 at 2:47 AM, Thallatos said:

Is it me or everything is highly resistant to your single target dots i'm so frustrated with that I stopped playing the Shaman class

On 14.10.2018 at 4:46 AM, Vitamin said:

Indeed in pve it seems low white mobs and i need to cast 3-4 frost flames sometimes even more.. Can someone from the devs please check that?

Its pretty simple, dots just working, if the skill lvl isnt lower than the monster lvl by aprox 5 .

So for example, u learn freezing flame lvl 1 on lvl 20. It will work on monsters till 25 (26 is possible, but waste of time, since chance is just too low).

On lvl 30 u will learn freezing flame lvl 2. it will work on mobs till 35.

Same counts for every other dot/aoe dot. Ur current class lvl doesnt matter at all

6 hours ago, Devoid said:

48 minutes ago, Scion said:

freezing flame is one of the skills that dont need lvl on classic to land . it worked for us we were able to flame dark red mobs 15+ lvl above us, tested on giran

Are you talking about single freezing flame or the aoe one? I cab bet you single target one wont work on red mobs, i have been testing it for hours to yellow mobs and it dont work. 

1 hour ago, Chevignon said:

Its pretty simple, dots just working, if the skill lvl isnt lower than the monster lvl by aprox 5 .

So for example, u learn frost flame lvl 1 on lvl 20. It will work on monsters till 25 (26 is possible, but waste of time, since chance is just too low).

On lvl 30 u will learn frost flame lvl 2. it will work on mobs till 35.

Same counts for every other dot/aoe dot. Ur current class lvl doesnt matter at all

5 hours ago, InVizO said:

Any kind of debuff in classic is based on the level of the skill versus the level of the mob.  Go try on green and lt blue mobs

Thats not correct cause my palua knight can poison / sting even yellow monsters with almost 1/2 chance.. on the other hand shamman dots are like imposible to pass on anything other than green and blue

18 hours ago, Vitamin said:

Thats not correct cause my palua knight can poison / sting even yellow monsters with almost 1/2 chance.. on the other hand shamman dots are like imposible to pass on anything other than green and blue

Not all DOTs are created equal ;)

Paralyze and Fear for example tend to land on mobs 4+ levels higher no problem in classic

On 17.10.2018 at 1:06 AM, Vitamin said:

read my post above and u will doing fine :)

Archived