Which do you propose to fix server queue?

Qemz

While I appreciate the idea, I'm not sure why we are limited to one answer.  For example, if they have the software and hardware power to expand the existing servers and add a server, I'm all for it.  Anyway, let's keep brainstorming solutions instead of just flaming and complaining.

1.) Get rid of the stupid event monsters, there's no need to have hundreds of people clogging up the servers to just sit afk.

2.) Temporarily disable fishing OR return it to the old style of fishing when you have to play the minigame to fish, currently it's just too many players taking up server spots. that could be used for people who actually want to play the game.

5 minutes ago, Lawman said:

While I appreciate the idea, I'm not sure why we are limited to one answer.  For example, if they have the software and hardware power to expand the existing servers and add a server, I'm all for it.  Anyway, let's keep brainstorming solutions instead of just flaming and complaining.

The option " If Possible, Expand Server Capacity " mean, the capacity of each server like TI server capacity expand from 6k to 10k. So, if it's possible no need to make a new server. Just an expansion ^_^.

3 minutes ago, Qemz said:

The option " If Possible, Expand Server Capacity " mean, the capacity of each server like TI server capacity expand from 6k to 10k. So, if it's possible no need to make a new server. Just an expansion ^_^.

If it was as easy as just increasing the server capacity then they wouldn't have opened the Aden server, the servers are limited because that's what they can handle and still remain stable, increasing the capacity would just cause more problems

59 minutes ago, villen said:

1.) Get rid of the stupid event monsters, there's no need to have hundreds of people clogging up the servers to just sit afk.

Welcome to December 2011, Truly Free Goddess of Destruction. At least now you have a queue instead of instant "your login attempt has failed, please try again later". You would think NCwest would have learned from the situation back then, when everyone was boxing 20-30 chars due to free expensive items given to online players, but clearly that is not the case.

On the other hand, back in 2011/early 2012, they effectively forced out a lot of former subscribers (who as much as lost castles due to simply not being able to login through the whole weekend or being kicked mid siege/before siege), while now you have the VIP system to boost your chances to login. After you activate it, that is.

I think, Admins should make Box Bosses respawn randomly in Ruins of Despair or Abadoned Camp, not just in the same place, so ppl wouldn't log their boxes if they won't be sure to get all the Box Rewards. That's all, just to make these Boses respawn randomly in the location.

Hi NCsoft , Lineage 2 is a game that exists 15 years now , many people played in 2003 , and still many playing it because it is atmospheric with nice music and very nice gameplay, Back then you had subscription and it was ok because there weren't many mmo rpgs , 15 years later you decided to open an official c1 server and we were very excited , especially the players who are playing lineage 2 all these years, 15 years later you open the server and what do you do? You close lineage 2 official classic server behind VIP to make people buy every 90 days a "subscription" in order to be able to avoid the silly queue that you have made. 15 years later we want to play a game mostly nostalgic and you keep blocking us from it . It's money all again , i understand , but it's lineage 2 15 years old game , It's pathetic the way you opened this server. The best way for me is to let these 2000 more people who are waiting every time enjoy the game without blocking them behind VIP points. Thank you

1. Remove that event.

2. Make fishing manual

3. Implement offline shop system (most likely impossible to do, but still)

4. Kick player when one is afk for 1h+. So no more 24/7 being online

Increasing server capacity is a software limitation, so it can't be achieved.

is not tech problem. VIP players log without delay. So if those 800 or more ppl that w8 10 hours to log,become vip they will log too without delay.If thats the case,the hole thing is just a way from ncsoft to force ppl pay to play and not a tech server problem.

5 minutes ago, pantko said:

so what will happent if for example all those 800 players that are in q now become vip? 

There will be 800 players in the VIP queue.

It does not mean that there will be no non-VIP accounts afk farming event boss rewards, though.

1 minute ago, Krissa said:

There will be 800 players in the VIP queue.

It does not mean that there will be no non-VIP accounts afk farming event boss rewards, though.

i dont know if thats the case.I have vip friends that log just now and they dont have even 1 player queue to w8 they log normaly.

8 hours ago, villen said:

2.) Temporarily disable fishing OR return it to the old style of fishing when you have to play the minigame to fish, currently it's just too many players taking up server spots. that could be used for people who actually want to play the game.

These 2 things are the only reason there's a queue. 

Archived