Which do you propose to fix server queue?

Qemz

Stop focusing on multi-boxes and fishing. That's not the answer, and you can't stop multi-boxing. People can use multiple IPs, credit cards, etc. They need to work on the servers themselves.

-most games: you have a main server, like TI. Then you have several 'channels' within that server. When channel 1 is full, people are pushed to channel 2, and so on (Tera does this). That lets you have a ton of people on a single master server, and gives people room to play across multiple channels. This is the normal way to handle it in modern MMOs, and what L2 really needs to truly fix the issue.

6 minutes ago, Nef said:

Stop focusing on multi-boxes and fishing. That's not the answer, and you can't stop multi-boxing. People can use multiple IPs, credit cards, etc. They need to work on the servers themselves.

-most games: you have a main server, like TI. Then you have several 'channels' within that server. When channel 1 is full, people are pushed to channel 2, and so on (Tera does this). That lets you have a ton of people on a single master server, and gives people room to play across multiple channels. This is the normal way to handle it in modern MMOs, and what L2 really needs to truly fix the issue.

Thats investment they will not do for sure.

Just open another server with timezone of TI or gmt-4 as someone says, to fit giran and Ti,  and offer transfer to that server with a limit amount of transfer account. Even sell at a discounted price. I bet the list will be full in no time and all happy. Nc can have more customers,  ppl can enter with no Waiting list and not lose their progress...others can just start over there

1 minute ago, Irlu said:

Thats investment they will not do for sure.

Just open another server with timezone of TI or gmt-4 as someone says, to fit giran and Ti,  and offer transfer to that server with a limit amount of transfer account. Even sell at a discounted price. I bet the list will be full in no time and all happy. Nc can have more customers,  ppl can enter with no Waiting list and not lose their progress...others can just start over there

Sadly, I think you are right that making more servers and allowing full transfers with VIP is the only real answer here. Channels would be best, but like you said - I don't expect it to happen.

1 hour ago, Nef said:

This! This is 100% possible as I've done it myself on a lineage private server. Very simple to do as long as it only seperates areas that are actually overcrowded... instead of just moving half of the pop to a seperate instance (regardless of their location). This way you will prevent ppl exping safe and alone in a seperate instance on less populated spots.

There is absolutely hundreds of ways they could fix this, but they are choosing to say nothing and do nothing, so theres not much point in us continuing to post here, we just have to wait til they will finally come back from their holiday after pressing the 'fix' button.

2 hours ago, Nef said:

. When channel 1 is full, people are pushed to channel 2, and so on (Tera does this).

I think there are a couple reasons why the majority of the population in Classic will not want this.

1. Breaks Lineage 2 Immersion. (Same reason they don't like the Auction House.)
  2. Allows PVP hoping over servers, and PKers to run easily, and Grievers even if they aren't Red. This is a huge break in the concept of the game and the entire reason they implemented the open world PvP and the Karma system.
  3. If this were like any other MMO, these people would NOT be playing a 15 year old game.
  4. Politics. This game is FULL of politics. When you allow server hopping like that, you'll cause that to stop existing as much. Political turmoil is easily solved by people claiming other server numbers. Lineage 2 *is* Lineage 2 because of the wars, the conflict, and the groups working together.

More servers is the only good solution...

Some people are just going to have to suck it up and play on the newer servers, VIP's should be able to log on their servers with no queue or a short one already..

Even if it means starting over without your "friends", and a getting free transfer later on..

Chronicle packs would be the only issue I see, but you would think people who bought them would have VIP status anyway...

I think a lot of the complaints are coming from RMT that want to get their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th etc..., accounts running and can't.

Offline shops, disable fishing, and increasing server cap would not help, those would only create different issues...

And it's not hard to get around a box limit.

27 minutes ago, Nourish said:

I think there are a couple reasons why the majority of the population in Classic will not want this.

1. Breaks Lineage 2 Immersion. (Same reason they don't like the Auction House.)
  2. Allows PVP hoping over servers, and PKers to run easily, and Grievers even if they aren't Red. This is a huge break in the concept of the game and the entire reason they implemented the open world PvP and the Karma system.
  3. If this were like any other MMO, these people would NOT be playing a 15 year old game.
  4. Politics. This game is FULL of politics. When you allow server hopping like that, you'll cause that to stop existing as much. Political turmoil is easily solved by people claiming other server numbers. Lineage 2 *is* Lineage 2 because of the wars, the conflict, and the groups working together.

You know what really breaks immersion? Massive bot population running all the good spots, and people multi-boxing their own parties. This doesn't need to be like every other MMO in play style, but it needs to grow up on the backend - tech 14 years ago sucked for backend servers, there is NO reason not to update your servers for today so it actually works well.

To be frankly i'm totally disappointed of Lineage 2 from NC Soft, my clan mates are all leaving cause of this absurd queue and this stupid 6000 players cap, see info here: http://l2.laby.fr/status/ Since i'm a donator who invested a vip 4 on Classic L2 Giran, i will request a refund situation because, we're all leaving to another server, better than this one. I've never thought that would be that bad :( I'm leaving the official L2 servers :( We're in 2018 for God sake, and we have this kind of stupid situations ?! Unbelievable !

10 hours ago, top said:

1. Remove that event.

2. Make fishing manual

3. Implement offline shop system (most likely impossible to do, but still)

4. Kick player when one is afk for 1h+. So no more 24/7 being online

Increasing server capacity is a software limitation, so it can't be achieved.

Im confused on how it would be a software problem, the software hasnt changed much in 14+ years and during the original launch they had alot more peopole than 6k playing at once. It is a hardware limitation they can easily set the max number of people to say 8k but the hardware its running on may not be able to handle anymore people.  

Also if it crashes the server, people who are saying restart the server every x hours have their fix too =)

Please think before asking for server capacity to be increased to crazy numbers. Lineage is a uni-world game, no dungeons, no channels, no instances (at classic state at least). It's not like people can play in different "sides" of its world. There are couple of areas for each level range to serve all players. Increasing capacity by thousands will make this game unplayable. Imagine xping in OB, AC etc with thousands of players running around - there are not even enough monsters for all those parties about to come. Sadly this is not a new gen game and big numbers cannot be supported. Of course an increase by lets say 1000 wouldn't seem that damaging. 

The solution that seems the best in that case is increasing fishing level (lets not deactivate it completely), allow 2 clients per pc (boxing has always been part of l2, lets keep our prophets while soloing , but not be greedy and keep a bd too), BOTS (PERISH), about shops I don't know, shops in town give the feeling of old l2 but if introducing auction house is a must in order to improve the current situation, then maybe. 

18 hours ago, Dawe said:

VIP lv. 4 = you can use 3 boxes.

VIP lv. 3 = you can use 2 boxes.

VIP lv. 2 = you can use 1 box.

You want box? You have to pay for it.

that idea does NOT MAKE SENSE. you WILL STILL HAVE BIG QUEUES. this is NOT THE ISSUE. understand that people can have more than 1 box even if its one per PC allowed OK?

You are all mad if you think 1 client per IP is the way forward. That's literally insane since internet cafes and room mates ? HWID, sure. But VMware and virtual machines. GG. 

Only reasonable solution is add a server with free transfers... All these mental ideas about vip4 allowed more boxes than VIP 3 dumb and frankly difficult to pull off? If you think they will spend a lot of time in coding a idiotic solution your wrong.

And if you think kicking afk players after 1 hour or auction seller is a good solution, please go back to private servers or something. This is classic.

Give us another server with free transfer and be done with it.

Archived