Bot's and Multibox

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I am not a fan of bots or multi-boxing... 

Bots ruin the game for any legit players and ruins the in game economy. 

Multiboxing does in a sense as well. You know what people were initially intended to do if they wanted buffs...? That's right, make a whole second account and level it up just for themselves! Wait... no, that's not it... Talk to other online players, group with players... Work together.

---

I cannot wait until castle siege starts and 1 player with 3-5 nukers behind him targets someone, and mashes the /assist, /useskill NUKE button... GGez

/sarcasm

Yes and automatization has to be Turned on. He doesn't push keys on all the windows. It's not he who's pushing keys on ALL OF THE WINDOWS. He's pushing a key on 1 window, ant that window sends command to another windows. Command which makes all the windows attack. That command turns on automatization on all of the windows, for a very short period of time of course, 1 nuke and 1 mass heal. He's present only on main account, not present on the other accounts, other accounts are controlled by commands from the first window. 

Just now, Barrel said:

Yes and automatization has to be Turned on. He doesn't push keys on all the windows. It's not he who's pushing keys on ALL OF THE WINDOWS. He's pushing a key on 1 window, ant that window sends command to another windows. Command which makes all the windows attack. That command turns on automatization on all of the windows, for a very short period of time of course, 1 nuke and 1 mass heal. He's present only on main account, not present on the other accounts, other accounts are controlled by commands from the first window. 

who is pushing then? aliens perhaps?

2 minutes ago, beleaua said:

who is pushing then? aliens perhaps?

Software or hardware ;) It's physically impossible to push 1 same key at the exact same time on so many windows
He automatized pushing keys on other windows by probably using hotkey tools

Just now, Barrel said:

Software or hardware ;) It's physically impossible to push 1 same key at the exact same time. 
He automatized pushing keys on other windows by probably using hotkey tools

keys don't push themselves. that is what bots do. in this case he is the one pushing. if he doesn't, they key won't push themselves. it's not called automation

2 minutes ago, beleaua said:

keys don't push themselves. that is what bots do. in this case he is the one pushing. if he doesn't, they key won't push themselves. it's not called automation

I agree that it isn't automation, and I too don't think this player is afk. 

Do you agree though he is either using software to send one key stroke to multiple game windows, or that he is using a piece of hardware to send one keystroke to multiple machines?

4 minutes ago, RealityCheck said:

If u know nothing about macroses and gaming mouses/keyabords then yeah you are alien. 

you can't even type macros and keyboards correctly and you try to explain it to me? it's not a macro if he is using one keyboard and mouse for all. apparently you also don't know anything about mouses or keyboards if you think you can't use them to control more than one pc.

4 minutes ago, beleaua said:

Semi automatization, whatever. It's partly automatizated then. Because he's not the one who pushes f2 or wherever nukes is. The software or hardware orders to do it. He orders hardware or software.

1 minute ago, brokencup said:

Do you agree though he is either using software to send one key stroke to multiple game windows, or that he is using a piece of hardware to send one keystroke to multiple machines?

it's possible that he is using either software or hardware like you said, also possible to use bot software. we don't know, we just guess here. if he/she reads the forum can confirm/deny. also ncwest support can also check logs and clear that out.

1 minute ago, brokencup said:

People never stated that he's afk. Some wrong names were used like bot and stuff.
The hot discussion started since his first reply when he stated that the actions performed by that person are totally ok on the server.
Me and most of the people in here told it should be not ok, while this person states it's ok. I can't wait for reply from administration about this. If they say it's ok. Oh god, I can only imagine what will happen with this server.

1 minute ago, Barrel said:

People never stated that he's afk. Some wrong names were used like bot and stuff.
The hot discussion started since his first reply when he stated that the actions performed by that person are totally ok on the server.
Me and most of the people in here told it should be not ok, while this person states it's ok. I can't wait for reply from administration about this. If they say it's ok. Oh god, I can only imagine what will happen with this server.

your memory is either short or you try to lie again to justify your desperate attempt to ban that person

my first post in this thread

you can have multiple computers running and one keyboard to send the same keystrokes to all pc's you have. you don't need any bot software to run something like in the video, just a few pc's.

neither i stated that is ok or not.

i only know that ncsoft haven't banned so far anyone using this kind of mirroring

then you guys started pushing your agenda with macros, bots, some random bot software and many more things that i somehow condone (lol) and this is clearly a case of that. just random babbling.

1 minute ago, beleaua said:

your memory is either short or you try to lie again to justify your desperate attempt to ban that person

my first post in this thread

neither i stated that is ok or not.

i only know that ncsoft haven't banned so far anyone using this kind of mirroring

then you guys started pushing your agenda with macros, bots, some random bot software and many more things that i somehow condone (lol) and this is clearly a case of that. just random babbling.

Then I misunderstood you. But in my own opinion mirroring is automation of alts.

6 minutes ago, Barrel said:

Then I misunderstood you. But in my own opinion mirroring is automation of alts.

ok, first comment that doesn't attack me in any way and is not biased toward the person accused (possible bot)

pertinent opinion. however, it needs to be confirmed and denied by support. they are the one handling bans and other stuff.

the discussion for a lot of time derailed into macros from kb/mouse, which so far has been legal as long as the person was not afk. a discussion which was irrelevant to the present case because it doesn't look like any kb/mouse macro but a case of multiple pc's controlled by one kb and mouse. it's something that can be achieved with microsoft software but also mmo bot software. tbd.

4 hours ago, Barrel said:

@Juji @Hime Could you please us inform more about this topic?

18 minutes ago, brokencup said:

@Juji @Hime can you at least say you are investigating what is/isn't allowed?  I'm just trying to keep up with the competition.

I very highly doubt they will make a statement that can be interpreted as something concrete because rules regarding multiboxing and legal automation cannot be defined without room for confusion and ambiguity. Anything they say can be interpreted in too many ways, taken as law and used against them... This topic rears its head fairly frequently but it feels like staff only responds every other leap year. :P All you can do is report them and move on.

From my understanding, running parallel signals from mouse keyboard to multiple windows is "tolerated" as long as you are present in front of the windows themselves, even if they are minimized.

I didn't watch the video but I will say this, if you want to determine if someone is botting their boxes, observing their auto-follow behavior is effective. If the guy recording was smart, he would have targeted the boxes and assisted off them to see if they were targeting what they were following 100% everytime. 

Same discussion on WoW forums I see here about multiboxing which you can control say an entire party with 1 character. You are allowed that in WoW, Diablo 3, etc and I think in every game which respect itself.

Why ? Because is NOT automation as some people here are saying. Automation = Make ( Use of a software )  a script and play by itself = Bot .

Multiboxing is a very different thing. You press the buttons for the characters to make actions in-game. Yes, with the help of IN GAME macros, which, they are allowed. The characters do not act alone if you go AFK. That's in no way shape or form, Automation !

True, most will say they are bots since characters on follow/assist moves like a bot , but it doesn't mean they bot.

The best way to determine if how you are using these devices is a violation or not is by asking yourself "Can a normal keyboard/mouse combination replicate the same behavior?"

The above quote as I understand is from an official NcSoft moderator.

So, one can easily replicate the combination ( multiboxing ) just by alt tabbing ( while of course, have Optimize Performance disable in-game for a far more fluidity while you alt tab ) , and then press 1 button from your mouse or any key on your keyboard with an IN-GAME macro , and it replicates EXACTLY the same behavior.

Anyway, I know, Lineage 2 history is .. full of bots, but again, multiboxing has nothing to do with botting.

"Hello,

We apologize for the late response as we are currently receiving high volumes of tickets.

Thank you for reporting this incidents. We are in the process of investigating these accounts. No action has been taken yet as it can take a few days to gather the necessary evidence but rest assured that we are committed to removing any account breaking the rules from our game."

I have asked more questions, I will update it :) 

On 2018-10-15 at 11:48 PM, beleaua said:

ok, first comment that doesn't attack me in any way and is not biased toward the person accused (possible bot)

pertinent opinion. however, it needs to be confirmed and denied by support. they are the one handling bans and other stuff.

the discussion for a lot of time derailed into macros from kb/mouse, which so far has been legal as long as the person was not afk. a discussion which was irrelevant to the present case because it doesn't look like any kb/mouse macro but a case of multiple pc's controlled by one kb and mouse. it's something that can be achieved with microsoft software but also mmo bot software. tbd.

"Hello,

We can understand your interest in learning more about our investigation. However, security concerns prevent us from releasing detailed information about our tools or detection methods. Please rest assured that our only goal is to create a safe and fair play environment for the entire community.

Also, our policy is that each keystroke or mouse click should equal one action in-game. Players should not use add-ons or programs that fully automate gameplay (such as bot programs) or that give you an advantage over other players (such as damage increase hacks, speedhacks or auto-target hacks). Just use your best judgement and you should be fine. If there is an add-on or program that clearly gives you an advantage over other players, do not use it. If you have any other questions about what is considered a violation, please refer to the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct: http://us.ncsoft.com/en/legal/user-agreements/"
But there's a sad part of the story. This guy is still playing even thought things he's doing aren't allowed.
https://youtu.be/hIdSV_9pLSA

@Hime @Juji Are you guys really going to ignore this bullshit? A lot of people already asked to comment on it. Support commented - it's not allowed. So why is he still playing? Why is he still using it? Why can't WE use it?

haha. the support answered and you're still not satisfied? when did the support said it's not allowed?

'each keystroke or mouse click should equal one action in-game' - so far he/she is withing the rules if he use mirroring hardware or software

'Players should not use add-ons or programs that fully automate gameplay (such as bot programs)' - safe to say he doesn't appear to use any bot

' (such as damage increase hacks, speedhacks or auto-target hacks ' - he is doing it manually.

if he was breaking these rules he would have been banned because many of you reported him/her

Archived